Voters
9. This poll is closed
  • Yes! great idea!

1 11.11%
  • Meh...no good

5 55.56%
  • i'm not sure...

3 33.33%

Lightbulb An idea to help with MoP alts!

So i thought i'd post this here first, before official site, as there seems a more...mature, bunch of people on here ;p and wanted reactions prior to posting there

So i've been thinking this through for a while and i don't see too many negatives (imo)
    so here goes.

Once a toon is Valor capped for the week, 50% (or less?) of the valor that you "could" get if you weren't capped goes to your alt toons, that way it's not quite so bad if your main is exalted, and you're doing dailies on an alt instead.

Another idea; If you're playing a toon that is exalted with the faction that you're doing dailies for, 25% of the base rep (no commendation doubling etc) is given to characters of honored or above reputation with that faction.

Also, once valor capped, that toon should get Justice points after each daily instead of nothing.

Lemme know what ya think!
    I came up with these ideas, since many people are complaining about MoP being alt-unfriendly (and i agree)

Blizzard's rules, nothing said by anyone here will make any difference. if you want valid feedback, post there tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    Blizzard's rules, nothing said by anyone here will make any difference. if you want valid feedback, post there tbh.
    Did you even read it ;_;

So i thought i'd post this here first, before official site, as there seems a more...mature, bunch of people on here ;p and wanted reactions prior to posting there

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Extraordinaire View Post
    That's the funniest thing I've read on here in a while. And no, your idea isn't that good (or new). If anything, VP should be treated like rep, if you cap it on 1 toon you get 50-100% bonus on your alts. But the idea of playing your main and your alts getting points is pretty pointless don't you think? If you played your main in order to get your alts points, you'd not have the time to play alts to use the points!

And as for MoP not being alt friendly is pretty absurd since I am proof that isn't the case. People just need to get over the 'need' to cap VP on every single alt they have (since VP gear from Reps isn't even needed to do LFR or 5 mans for that matter). 4 of my 90's were able to do LFr within a couple of hours of dinging 90 and I have 1 toon that is exalted with any sort of MoP faction, and that is the Tillers so I don't even get gear from that! People really need to stop being drama queens.

Deleted
    "MOP IS ALT FRIENDLY BECAUSE I SAY IT IS!!!"

Not looking forward to doing the rep grinds all over again on my alts - took long enough on my main. You do realize that if LFR didn't drop anything for you, you would be a bit stuffed in regards to gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkbark View Post
    "MOP IS ALT FRIENDLY BECAUSE I SAY IT IS!!!"

Not looking forward to doing the rep grinds all over again on my alts - took long enough on my main. You do realize that if LFR didn't drop anything for you, you would be a bit stuffed in regards to gear?
    Why on earth would you want to do that? First off, exalted offers nothing except vanity. Seconly, you don't need all the factions on every character. Sure, I don't want to grind about 10 factions on 5+ different characters. Thats why I wont!

Deleted
    I want a better way to farm Jp, since currently pvp seems the best way to upgrade pve items, someone should get shot for that.

Ways to improve alts:
    * +25% Xp gain once you have one LVL 90 char (or50% but thats too much i think)
    * Once exhalted with any faction you can buy anything non vanity from said vendor on any alts (only gear, no mounts,tabards or recipes)

I find leveling from 85 - 90 extremely dull when doing it for the 2nd time, even if you can do a different zone if you skipped one on your main. The 3rd alt would become even more dull since you probably have done all the quests by now and you always start in the jade forest.