Gaming/Work Build

Hey all, I was just looking for some second opinions on a build I am planning.

Currently planning to use the PC for gaming including Dota 2, Planetside 2, Black Ops 2 and will hopefully handle any future games reasonably well. On the work side of things it would be used for architectural CAD programs such as Autocad, Archicad, and Revit (Revit being the most PC intensive of the bunch).
    Will be running 1080p, currently 1 monitor but will be getting dual monitors at some point soon.

Current Budget will be either ~$1100 or ~$1200 AU (Australian Dollar)

CPU- i5 3570k =$227
    MOBO- asrock extreme 4=$135
    DVD- =$19
    RAM- GSKILL ARES/RIPJAWS 8gb =$44
    HDD- Seagate Barracuda 1/2tb $74/99
    SSD- Samsung 840 120gb =$100
    PSU- Antec 550VP= $65

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 Vapor-X = $336 or Sapphire 7970 OC = $ 422
    I'm not sure whether I will be able to go the extra stretch to $1200 yet but if so the 7970 is what I was looking at, if I am limited to $1100 then the 7950 seemed the best option I could find. I am open to suggestions on the GPU if there is a better nvidia option (ie 660ti or 670) which are similarly priced to the 7950 and 7970 respectively.

Approx Total with 7950 is ~1080 and 7970 is ~1170 (With storm enforcer case)

Case I'm tossing up between these few, any opinions/recommendations would be appreciated.
    Coolermaster Storm Enforcer = $88
    Coolermaster RC 690 II = $100
    Antec 902 v3 = $128
    NZXT Phantom 410 = $127

I am probably purchasing from a different store, possibly a few different stores but for the purpose of showing the general prices and selection available to me http://www.pccasegear.com/ is probably the place to check if you need for AU prices/selections.

Thanks in advance, I hope this was comprehensible XD.

The Phantom 410 is a really nice case, as is the Storm Enforcer. Either one of those is your best bet.

I would check and see if any of those CAD programs need an Nvidia card for acceleration. If so, a GTX 670 is roughly on par with the 7970, depending on which game it is.

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it. I looked into CAD users opinions on the graphics cards and it seems like a lot of people recommend the 670 in comparison to the 7970 for Revit, but it doesn't seem like there is much in regards to the 7950 or 660ti. In terms of gaming would you recommend the Sapphire Vapor-X 7950 or a Asus Direct CU2 660ti OC if I end up being limited to the lower cards. In regards to the rest of the build is there any other problems or does it seem like a reasonable setup?

Thanks again, helps a lot .

The 7950 is the better choice between the two if you don't need Nvidia for any acceleration. The rest looks fine. Make sure to get a decent cooler if you are going to overclock.

I've been working cad for years. I dont recommend i5 for you. This is i7 land and most preferably on 2011 socket. Don't listen to the i5 crowd, it will struggle alot with operating smoothly and you can forget multitasking if you choose the i5.