Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Are dailies required?

I just started playing wow again. Are the reps required now if you want valor gear? This seems tirribly frustrating and poor design if so.

No theiy´re not mandatory, you can clear every raid in blues. And if you want something, you´ll have to work for it, as ist has always been. This topic has been debated to death.

Quote Originally Posted by taybox View Post
    I just started playing wow again. Are the reps required now if you want valor gear? This seems tirribly frustrating and poor design if so.
    if you want valor gear yes doing dailies are required, however i must also mention that the valor gear just isn't needed.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    dailies arent required but yes they can help gearing up
    but since you can get access to all the LFR now, the only dailies you should focus on is the new one in krasarang wilds

(since your cap on the honor per week its kinda useless to rush more than 1 rep at the time anyways)

also the story line you get from the krasarang dailies is very good

The Dominance Offensive/Shieldwall dailies are pretty fun, you unlock a little bit of story every other day or so. There's also a few pieces of gear you can get at Honored with the factions. At this point in the game, there's no reason for a serious grind, you probably won't even get the valor for most of the Revered gear before 5.2.

They are if you want to spend you Valor points.

Item upgrades are only feasable on BiS items.

Yes, if you want valor gear you need to do the dailies.

Also, if you are going to raid you will need valor gear and charms or else you will be left behind in gear and you will be holding your raid back.

It sucks, but MoP works like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Yes, if you want valor gear you need to do the dailies.

Also, if you are going to raid you will need valor gear and charms or else you will be left behind in gear and you will be holding your raid back.

It sucks, but MoP works like that.
    You are only holding your raid back if you're a bad player unable to play your class and avoid damage. Normals where tuned for ilvl 460 gear and made easier and more accessible with higher itemlevels, but in no way a requirement to clear them. It has always been like that, MoP is no exception.

In short, dailies is optional. If you want to min-max to race for worldfirsts or high ranks, they are needed as they give you a slight edge - but since you missed the whole race you can take it at your own pace.

If you want to be competitive/not have useless valor points then yes. Yes they are. So for the main part of the playerbase they are mandatory.

Deleted
    Do some dailies, theres no need to rush, get the revered item asap then you get double rep to exaulted.

10+ Year Old Account
    They were like 1 month ago.

no one hold a gun to your head but its not very "smart" not to do them. Yes you can start raiding in blues but who will chose you over a purple daily player? I have read lot of things lately, that good guilds recruit based on skill not on gear, but seriously, no good guild recruit a blue geared non-dailies. They will test your skill of course but they will not take you in their raid in blues.

So TL;DR, Unless you play in a guild with friends, you are "required" to do them in order to stay competitive.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by taybox View Post
    With the exception of Klaxxi (everyone) and Shado-Pan (humans only), dailies are required to access Valor Point gear. However, doing quests alone will only allow you to access 1 piece of valor gear from each faction (neck for Klaxxi and cloak for Shado-Pan).

With 5.1, a fresh 90 has access to 3 gear related daily quest hubs: Klaxxi, Golden Lotus (UGH), and Operation: Shieldwall/Dominance Offensive. Klaxxi has the advantage in that you can buy a piece just doing the quest chain there, and the Dreadamber Shard turn in requirement was drastically reduced (was 20, now 5. still pretty rare drops though). Dominance Offensive is pretty fast to honored from what I hear, just make sure you check your base and the skyfire after completing all of your dailies to make sure you aren't missing a story progression quest (these are worth a lot of rep). Golden Lotus just sucks, and is required to unlocked Shado-Pan and August Celestial dailies.

Of course, you don't have to do dailies to enter LFR (justice point upgrade system for dungeon drops, plus some crafted/world drop items), but unless the character you have doesn't need certain profession patterns (e.g. all of the good enchanting, leatherworking, and tailoring patterns), expect to be doing dailies for a month or two. At least you can purchase a rep boosting item at revered that works for all characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Catharsius View Post
    You are only holding your raid back if you're a bad player unable to play your class and avoid damage. Normals where tuned for ilvl 460 gear and made easier and more accessible with higher itemlevels, but in no way a requirement to clear them. It has always been like that, MoP is no exception.

In short, dailies is optional. If you want to min-max to race for worldfirsts or high ranks, they are needed as they give you a slight edge - but since you missed the whole race you can take it at your own pace.
    LFR is the one asking 460 ilvl to enter.

Normals ARE NOT tuned for 460 ilvl.

Dailies are not optional, and they are not only required for world first guilds. Dailies are mandatory for organized raiders, if you dont see how double loot from 3 bosses per week is mandatory for raiders, then i dont have anything more to talk to you.

I personally don't THINK they are required but it does feel like it at the start when you are just beginning to gear up because you need to access the valor gear. I did them at the start but now I don't because it is just such a chore and I don't want to spend my time doing them

Dailies are not optional, and they are not only required for world first guilds. Dailies are mandatory for organized raiders, if you dont see how double loot from 3 bosses per week is mandatory for raiders, then i dont have anything more to talk to you.
    Charms are clearly beneficial but absolutely not mandatory.

We raided for how many years without them? Raiding without charms is fine. Not as good as raiding with them, but perfectly acceptable.

We can disagree here (gee, I hope you will still talk to me!)

First off, MV early is tuned to about 460-463. Afterall, thats really the only gear people could have when it was released wasn't it? Tops people could have a little more unless you were a zillionaire on the bmah.

Also, double loot? Your maths needs work. You have a 15% chance of winning an item if you use a coin. Thats not "double chance"

Deleted
    If you don't do dailies :

-you will not have a free 489 neck and ring exalted klaxxi & golden lotus
    -you can't use your valor in gear, just in upgrade
    -you can't ride or have almost every mount in mop (amber scorpid, riding crane, cloudserpent, water strider, tiger and goats)
    -you don't know the story of the klaxxis (related to the heart of fear raid) and the story of the operation shieldwall and dominance offensive (and you miss a important part of the lore)
    -you can't have the new important recipes/plans for some professions
    -you don't have charms so no "second chance" loot 3times/week

So...yes...you need to do them, at least the important ones (golden lotus/klaxxi/shado pan/august celestials and shieldwall/dominance. tillers and anglers aren't really important)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    No theiy´re not mandatory, you can clear every raid in blues. And if you want something, you´ll have to work for it, as ist has always been. This topic has been debated to death.
    Just because a couple of members can get carried through in blues does not mean that ToES or HoF can be cleared restricted to only wearing 463 loots.

It ultimately depends on how much of a neckbeard you are really. If you're a hardcore player you can't afford not to do them. Item upgrades from Valor are huge.

If you're a casual, don't have time, or don't care.... It really doesn't matter at all. The free 489 ring and neck from Klaxxi and Golden Lotus are easily replaceable with just side-grades as their stats are awfully optimized in most occasions.
    Last edited by Vinho; 2012-12-16 at 07:07 PM.
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."

Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    Charms are clearly beneficial but absolutely not mandatory.

We raided for how many years without them? Raiding without charms is fine. Not as good as raiding with them, but perfectly acceptable.
    I guess the dude is confusing "raider" with "hardcore raider."

Of course you can do recreational or semi-hardcore raiding without charms. If you're not concerned with ranking and are just concerned with getting together with friends to go kill some big pixel critters (and don't care which ones) then you don't need dailies or valor gear. You just don't. You can use your valor for upgrades.