Thread: Just dinged 90

Deleted

Just dinged 90

I just dinged 90 on my rogue today and i was just wondering what everyone here is finding the best spec at the moment, i a sub currently and i did try 1 heroic and my dps just seemed so bad because of my gear lvl, also i have reforged my gear to be hit capped and just under the expertise cap, but in doing this it has left my crit and just above 12%, should i lose some hit and expertise to get some crit back or should i keep it as it is, thanks in advance.

If you're doing heroics you'll want to be combat. Blade Flurry's cleave is unmatched.

As for your gearing question, read the numerous guides. From memory; Hit/Exp cap (2550 each) > Haste > Mastery > Crit.

Deleted
    Never played a rogue myself, but from what I know at least reaching hit cap is always a DPS increase over any other stat(might be the same with expertise) so I'd say keep the hit and expertise and just do heroics/scenarios until you get better gear, from my own experience the MoP heroics feels very much like the wotlk ones where you just pull 2-3 packs at once and aoe them down(in short: They are easy) so it shouldn't be a problem you doing a little low dps at first if you have a somewhat decent group.
    Also: http://www.noxxic.com/wow is a site which I used when I first dinged 90, it's really simple to use and it shows you everything you need to know.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    remember that for heroics, the hit cap is much lower than for raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kessos View Post
    Never played a rogue myself, but from what I know at least reaching hit cap is always a DPS increase over any other stat(might be the same with expertise) so I'd say keep the hit and expertise and just do heroics/scenarios until you get better gear, from my own experience the MoP heroics feels very much like the wotlk ones where you just pull 2-3 packs at once and aoe them down(in short: They are easy) so it shouldn't be a problem you doing a little low dps at first if you have a somewhat decent group.
    Also: http://www.noxxic.com/wow is a site which I used when I first dinged 90, it's really simple to use and it shows you everything you need to know.
    Unfortunately rogue AoE in heroics feels reasonably disappointing, especially in low gear, and leaves combat's blade flurry as the best option. As you say, hit and expertise (6%!) should be the top priority in stats, but don't worry about how bad your damage feels until you have decent weapons. The new Miniature Winter's Veil Tree is out, and at 480, you might even be better off in assassination for your heroics, or sub if you're passionate about it.

On a sidenote, Noxxic is typically a truly awful or behind-the-times record of how to play, just gnabbing short bits of information from other sources. Thankfully for rogues, if full guides like Coldkil's or the one at IV that I keep forgetting to check for accuracy, we've got a thread here on the forum that's stickied including a list of useful links for learning about rogues! http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ting-amp-Index Check out the links here before you feel too lost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grats! Hit and exp caps are 6% for heroic dungeons.

IF you want to play around as assassination in heroics, I would recommend that for larger add packs with relatively low health, TABing FoK+1pt ruptures is pretty satisfying AoE.