[Music] Please Help Identify An Instrument

Hi! There's an instrument (at least I think it's an instrument, it could be sound engineering) that I have been trying to identify for a while and it sounds like a wind instrument, possibly some type of flute, and it's kind of like a moan/horn. You can find it on Cibo Matto's Artichoke (most prominently towards the end), parts of Half-Life's soundtrack and it's used extensively on the music for Bloodmyst Isle. It's a very haunting / exotic sound and I would love to know what it is. If it is an instrument I think I'd like to try and learn it.

Thanks in advance!

If you're thinking what I think you're thinking, it could be any number of wood flutes (since I'm no expert), like an Anasazi or Bamboo flute, maybe? Or whatever flute they use for stuff that sounds "Native American."

Or are you talking about the lower sound that could either be a bassoon or bass clarinet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archipelagos View Post
    Cibo Matto's Artichoke (most prominently towards the end), parts of Half-Life's soundtrack and it's used extensively on the music for Bloodmyst Isle.
    It sounds a lot like Peruvian flute,

I think it's the Anasazi flute! Thank you so much. It's one of those sounds that has irked me for years because it's fantastic and I could never identify it. Cheers to you both for helping.