Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'd like to know as well, so i know if I have to level a horde toon to level 20 by Christmas or not lol

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post
    Did they fix the Feat bug from last year?
    When looting a previous Winter Veil gift from the stolen treasure.
    It gave you Feat of Strength

v------ On my armory if proof is needed
    Yes, I got the MiniZep Controller today, no FoS.

Quote Originally Posted by NightKnight87 View Post
    Yes, I got the MiniZep Controller today, no FoS.
    A guildie got the Clockwork Rocket Bot and got the FoS for it yesterday.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Most of you guys are wrong - says the Brit

My guildy is Serbian and she doesn't celebrate christmas until some (silly) date like the 6th of January. I'm not too up to date on my Serbs so I don't know whether that's normal or why they do it.
    That'll be Epiphany [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epiphany_(holiday)]

Deleted
    In Spain the gifts were given that day too ("were" since more and more people do it the 25th now, but it's still common to do it on the 6th). Anyways, it does make more sense on the 6th of January. That's when Jesus got his gifts and all that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post
    Did they fix the Feat bug from last year?
    When looting a previous Winter Veil gift from the stolen treasure.
    It gave you Feat of Strength

v------ On my armory if proof is needed

I received the Robot 2007 pet from the stolen present and got the FoS for it. I think you get the FoS from receiving the items as a gift still, but not if you purchase it from the vendor.

Anyone got any definitive info on what level a toon needs to be to get the *special football* pressie from under the tree? my hordies like level 40 ish or something, want to know if i should level her higher

10+ Year Old Account
    I keep wanting to say each present is by levels so 40 might not be able to get the FoS, but cannot remember (never had a toon not maxed level since Vanilla).

Quote Originally Posted by Tyro View Post
    Noup. It is actually the Orthodox christmas. See, eastern europeans are mostly orthodox christians and don't give two shits about the Pope and his bullas, that is why they ignored the brand new Gigorean calendar back in the days. So, the Orthodox church still uses old Julian calendar, and the diff between these calendars is exactly two weeks, hence 24th of December -> 6th of January. Russians also have the Orthodox New Year (they call it "Old New Year") at 13th of January for the same reason.
    Last edited by Mithfin; 2012-12-21 at 06:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    In Spain the gifts were given that day too ("were" since more and more people do it the 25th now, but it's still common to do it on the 6th). Anyways, it does make more sense on the 6th of January. That's when Jesus got his gifts and all that.
    Since when was Christmas about Jesus?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokru View Post
    Since when was Christmas about Jesus?
    Wait whos jesus? Is that another name given to Santa in some part of the world?
    IM 12 AND WHAT IS THIS

Deleted
    Going to throw out a heads up here before it goes any further. No religion or I will close the thread

Anyone gotten this yet? Can't loot gifts yet on my server.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got the achieve on my horde shaman for footballs. Haven't logged on my other chars yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyon View Post
    If i'm not wrong you need both an horde and an ally to get this, as the one present is alliace only and one is horde only.

I might be wrong tho.
    Nope, just got both in one present on my NE DK.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    You mean Christmas Day, because some people celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve :P
    Yes, he means Christmas. Christmas is 1 day, 25th of December, not 24th or 26th.

Christmas Eve is the 24th - Not Christmas

Also just because you Celebrate Christmas on another day doesn't change the fact that Christmas is the 25th, please remember that before posting.

Personally i think it's foreshadowing.... A new Battle-ground maybe swtor-esque football-like? Don't let me get all you WoWers excited for nothing, I am only guessing/hoping.

10+ Year Old Account
    my Horde BE DK got both footballs in one gift

FWIW
    You thought the leaden winter would bring you down forever, But you rode upon a steamer to the violence of the sun...
    And you see a girl's brown body dancing through the turquoise, And her footprints make you follow where the sky loves the sea.
    And when your fingers find her, she drowns you in her body, Carving deep blue ripples in the tissues of your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Akoroth View Post
    Yes, he means Christmas. Christmas is 1 day, 25th of December, not 24th or 26th.

Christmas Eve is the 24th - Not Christmas

Also just because you Celebrate Christmas on another day doesn't change the fact that Christmas is the 25th, please remember that before posting.
    Please remember that christmas wasn't originally on the 25th and in some places it still isn't before posting.

As for the gift, I haven't logged on in a few days and if I do decide to do it before we start raiding again maybe I'll pick it up, but I don't really feel that I need another useless item :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brytryne View Post
    Please remember that christmas wasn't originally on the 25th and in some places it still isn't before posting.

As for the gift, I haven't logged on in a few days and if I do decide to do it before we start raiding again maybe I'll pick it up, but I don't really feel that I need another useless item :P
    Christmas Eve is still 24th and Christmas Day is still 25th. That is the facts regardless of when you celebrate or open presents.