Stat Weights for Assassination (Haste vs Crit)

I'm having some conflicting data between Shadowcraft, Ask Mr Robot, and my personal experience with the spec.

Generally (in the past), Haste has been a stronger stat for Mut, as it gives us more Envenom uptime and makes it easier to fit more spells into an Envenom's duration.
    Now, I'm seeing Crit edge out Haste as I get into higher ilvls.
    I know Crit will proc Seal Fate and make Dispatch hit harder (RNG RNG RNG), but does it do anything else?

As an example, Shadowcraft wants me to reforge Haste->Mastery rather than Crit->Mastery on my 496 Shadow Heart Spaulders because it is valuing Crit a few decimal points higher than Haste.

Another question: Since the stat values are SO close, is it wiser to keep the Haste in order to make using Combat w/ Mut reforging a little smoother/easier?
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

What?, Mastery is much higher than crit or haste as mut.... wtf are you looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by Carp The Fish View Post
    I'm having some conflicting data between Shadowcraft, Ask Mr Robot, and my personal experience with the spec.

Generally (in the past), Haste has been a stronger stat for Mut, as it gives us more Envenom uptime and makes it easier to fit more spells into an Envenom's duration.
    Now, I'm seeing Crit edge out Haste as I get into higher ilvls.
    I know Crit will proc Seal Fate and make Dispatch hit harder (RNG RNG RNG), but does it do anything else?

As an example, Shadowcraft wants me to reforge Haste->Mastery rather than Crit->Mastery on my 496 Shadow Heart Spaulders because it is valuing Crit a few decimal points higher than Haste.

Another question: Since the stat values are SO close, is it wiser to keep the Haste in order to make using Combat w/ Mut reforging a little smoother/easier?
    The answer has 2 significant parts.

1: The bonus crit from puncturing wounds to a minor extent devalued crit during cataclysm.
    2: Poisons now crit at 200% instead of 150% and are on melee crit chance, not spell crit chance.

The combination of those two things has pushed crit above haste, but do note that it would not be the case without seal fate.

Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    What?, Mastery is much higher than crit or haste as mut.... wtf are you looking at?
    I figured that was obvious. I'm talking about AFTER you cap or get close to the cap for hit/exp and are reforging a piece of gear that has Mastery already on it.
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Carp The Fish View Post
    I figured that was obvious. I'm talking about AFTER you cap or get close to the cap for hit/exp and are reforging a piece of gear that has Mastery already on it.
    Ah, I was confused since you didn't say that. You never know with people on these forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enhshamanlol, you misread the opening; he's saying that SC is telling him to reforge haste INTO mastery, not haste OVER mastery.

shadowboy covers most of the other questions of WHY crit's keeping up...

as to whether or not you should reforge haste > crit for your offspec, I'd check both of your possible reforging builds for a weapon swap and a spec swap, and try to decide if the damage change in your second secondary stats is worth it. It's really a person decision based on the difference and how often you use combat, and how hard the fights you go combat for are.

Deleted
    Get simcraft and do a 25,000 iteration test.

As far as I can tell from scalling sims, crit is better than haste until you get close to BiS this tier, at which point haste will start to outstrip it. 400 or so more points past that, and haste becomes the clear winner.

I can't upload graphs since I'm at work and it's super security focused here, but as Hamhead223 says, simply run a large sim and plot haste against crit.
    Last edited by Ryme; 2012-12-18 at 12:27 PM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    There are endless break points for haste/crit.
    When you got like 4000 crit, 2000 haste, haste is better. If you reforge into haste then, crit becomes better.
    Its always almost the same, but at a certain point the lower stat gets stronger.
    Use shadowcraft. /thread