Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

10+ Year Old Account
    'Gun Control' is a term created to appease the masses of people who don't understand weapons or people in general.

Every American citizen has the right to own weapons. That right was given to them by the Constitution to protect themselves against a tyrannical government.

Trying to ban weapons or mags or anything else is only hurting the law abiding citizens that want a weapon for protection and enjoyment. Fun fact but criminals don't follow laws. Telling them they can't bring a gun into a gun free zone worked super well in Colorado and Conn. didn't it?

Fact is people are afraid of guns and talk about them like they are experts. It's rather amusing to watch people try and explain why weapons are so dangerous when they don't realize the issue lies with people, not the weapons.

Very very few mass murders recently have happened with the shooter being the legal owner of the weapons. They were almost stolen from someone who did own them legally.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    'Gun Control' is a term created to appease the masses of people who don't understand weapons or people in general.
    I'm not sure how that term alone appeases people but ok.

Every American citizen has the right to own weapons.
    I have an awesome fully functional tank in my back yard, wanna come see it?

That right was given to them by the Constitution to protect themselves against a tyrannical government.
    There's a SWAT team knocking on your door right now, better fend them off with your AR15!

Trying to ban weapons or mags or anything else is only hurting the law abiding citizens that want a weapon for protection and enjoyment.
    You tell that mean old law. It better not come round here hurting innocent people no more.

Fun fact but criminals don't follow laws. Telling them they can't bring a gun into a gun free zone worked super well in Colorado and Conn. didn't it?
    Holy shit, criminals don't follow laws? It's a good thing we don't have murder free zones, otherwise people would be stepping into those all the time and be murdering people. I also feel like we shouldn't ban murder because murderers are just going to murder anyway, may as well not make laws period since they're gonna be broken anyway.

Fact is people are afraid of guns and talk about them like they are experts. It's rather amusing to watch people try and explain why weapons are so dangerous when they don't realize the issue lies with people, not the weapons.
    It's good to know that a person without a gun is just as dangerous as a person with a gun. Thanks for telling me.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at you Deckland trying to sound all important.

Fact is people forget the past. Every dictator in history has disarmed the people before taking control. Hence the 2nd Amendment. It gives the people the right to protect themselves against such a situation.

I'm sure you'll have some asinine argument saying that's never happened ever.

And yes. If the police/military come trying to take weapons away from law abiding citizens you can bet your ass people will defend themselves.

I just can't understand why people would want to give up their right to defend themselves. It's one of the most unintelligent things I have ever listened to. Having two boys and a wife I will never let myself be in a situation where I can't protect them. I will not rely on the police because frankly that is not their job. It's my job to protect my home and my family.

So good luck trying to take that right from me.

What about all the relatively disarmed populations that aren't ruled by totalitarian governments?

I just can't understand why people would want to give up their right to defend themselves.
    Who advocated that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    I'm not sure how that term alone appeases people but ok.

I have an awesome fully functional tank in my back yard, wanna come see it?

There's a SWAT team knocking on your door right now, better fend them off with your AR15!

You tell that mean old law. It better not come round here hurting innocent people no more.

Holy shit, criminals don't follow laws? It's a good thing we don't have murder free zones, otherwise people would be stepping into those all the time and be murdering people. I also feel like we shouldn't ban murder because murderers are just going to murder anyway, may as well not make laws period since they're gonna be broken anyway.

It's good to know that a person without a gun is just as dangerous as a person with a gun. Thanks for telling me.
    I cracked up a bit and farted regularly while reading.

http://img-cache.cdn.gaiaonline.com/...a/0adc9f97.gif

Awfull thing is ...they actually believe their own self-righteous delusional right of owning a tank without any regulation in question.

"You tell that mean old law" rofl
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-08-21 at 07:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Who advocated that?
    Just look at all those that want to repeal Stand Your Ground laws and the Castle Doctrine from states that have those.

Any sort of ban on mags/weapons does that. Having gun free zones does that.

Like I said before: Criminals don't follow laws. Having gun free zones does nothing but disarm the law abiding citizens within. It makes it where they are unable to protect themselves if someone does come in with a weapon with intent to do harm, like in Colorado and Conn.

Just look at all those that want to repeal Stand Your Ground laws and the Castle Doctrine from states that have those.
    Doesn't mean you can't defend yourself. It just changes when you can use lethal force.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't mean you can't defend yourself. It just changes when you can use lethal force.
    Yes it does. By removing Stand Your Ground laws you have to run away and if you don't you can be charged with assault or murder if the person dies after you defend yourself from them.

By removing the Castle Doctrine it makes it where if someone enters your home at night, even if you have kids, you need to leave your own home.

How are either of those self defense? Without those laws you are unable to protect yourself or your family. Because if you do chances are you will go to prison.

You can still use lethal force without stand your ground. You just have to attempt to flee if possible. That's not unreasonable. You aren't the police.

The problem is you people who think the only form of self defense is killing someone with a gun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I generally don't think the detriment caused by doctrines like Stand Your Ground is sufficient to justify removal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at you Deckland trying to sound all important.(who wants to hold power in his hand ?)

Fact is people forget the past. Every dictator in history has disarmed the people before taking control. Hence the 2nd Amendment. It gives the people the right to protect themselves against such a situation.

I'm sure you'll have some asinine argument saying that's never happened ever.

And yes. If the police/military come trying to take weapons away from law abiding citizens you can bet your ass people will defend themselves.

I just can't understand why people would want to give up their right to defend themselves. It's one of the most unintelligent things I have ever listened to. Having two boys and a wife I will never let myself be in a situation where I can't protect them. I will not rely on the police because frankly that is not their job. It's my job to protect my home and my family.

So good luck trying to take that right from me.
    People have lost their ability to defend their own interests around the world since the 80's, even America.

YOU HAVE NO CONTROL.

At this point in Human history, how can you hope to defend yourself against a nuclear bomb, or a war machine 6 football fields long..., or a drone army...good luck with that, and that is what your constitution entailed...that is redundant at this point. They have definetly won, the elusion you keep holding on to is for naught.

Your rifles and hunting weapons have no impact at all, and that is certainly not what will be taken away ...at all. In fact everything that needed to be taken away has already occured. What people want is stronger regulation to limit the amount of violence and death in the country, especially around empoverished areas. This aint the wild west anymore, no more wild lands to roam in cowboys.

Stronger regulation is needed, and lets fight the good war with words not bullets, especially in our own homes it is all we trully have at this point.
    Last edited by Themerlin; 2013-08-21 at 06:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trust me. After four years in the Marine Corps I'm well aware of what our weapons are capable of. I also know what a small determined group with rifles can do.

Sure I have no defense against a nuke, but who does?

If someone enters my home at night, when my boys and wife are sleeping, they aren't getting out alive. You know why? Because they aren't there with good intentions. I will not retreat from my own home. If all the anti gun people out there want strange people walking in/out of their houses at night by all means. If you want them to come in and you leave because you don't want to defend your home then go ahead. To each their own.

But to try and force that sort of silly set of rules on others is terrible imo.

On the other hand I have no interest in taking a life because he wants my stereo, and I have little interest in laws that let you do it either.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the other hand I have no interest in taking a life because he wants my stereo, and I have little interest in laws that let you do it either.
    Which is problematic, but unfortunately is an unenforceable side effect of the legitimate purpose of Castle Law.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    The issue is I have no idea that he is there for my TV or if he is there for my kids.

Either way I'm done with this posting about this. I can't comprehend your sort of mindset. It's upsetting to see where we are heading as a country.

I'll just keep to myself and play my happy happy resto druid haha.

Best of luck to all you anti gunners out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    The issue is I have no idea that he is there for my TV or if he is there for my kids.

Either way I'm done with this posting about this. I can't comprehend your sort of mindset. It's upsetting to see where we are heading as a country.

I'll just keep to myself and play my happy happy resto druid haha.

Best of luck to all you anti gunners out there.
    Wanting to regulate firearms does not make you anti-gun.

I fully support regulation of firearms or even a national registry; yet I own guns and shoot them regularly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trust me. After four years in the Marine Corps I'm well aware of what our weapons are capable of. I also know what a small determined group with rifles can do.

Sure I have no defense against a nuke, but who does?

If someone enters my home at night, when my boys and wife are sleeping, they aren't getting out alive. You know why? Because they aren't there with good intentions. I will not retreat from my own home. If all the anti gun people out there want strange people walking in/out of their houses at night by all means. If you want them to come in and you leave because you don't want to defend your home then go ahead. To each their own.

But to try and force that sort of silly set of rules on others is terrible imo.
    If you are willing to kill someone, I would believe, you especially, need to have regulations imposed on your firearms, with satelite tracking on your gun/rifle. Protecting your family is a given, any man would do that. Shooting your gun aimlessly at night in your own house, not sure it is the smartest thing, especially for those 2 young boys you are so fond of.

The bold letters ... I find the irrational fear on regulation is delusional, again a mental illness. A mass hysteria of a war mongering culture on their right to own weapons without compromise.

It is a sickness.

Your only argument is this....

Sure you do. Are you entirely tone deaf when it comes to human behavior? And if you attempt to retreat (assuming you can of course) and he just goes for the stereo, mystery solved.

I'm not anti gun, at least as far as policy goes. What I find disgusting is people like you who think taking a life is the one and only approach to a situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure you do. Are you entirely tone deaf when it comes to human behavior? And if you attempt to retreat (assuming you can of course) and he just goes for the stereo, mystery solved.

I'm not anti gun, at least as far as policy goes. What I find disgusting is people like you who think taking a life is the one and only approach to a situation.
    I feel that people have a reasonable expectation not to have to retreat on their own property. But that's just me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I feel that people have a reasonable expectation not to have to retreat on their own property. But that's just me though.
    I don't really see how it being your house really changes any of the reasons we have a burden to retreat.