View Poll Results: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Voters
4690. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    2,826 60.26%
  • No

    1,864 39.74%
  1. #40941
    The Lightbringer PhaelixWW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington (né California)
    Posts
    3,629
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Is that supposed to be a quote of where it says it?
    No, it's referring to your massive fail-flail post that you deleted.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." --Alexandre Dumas-fils

  2. #40942
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    No, it's referring to your massive fail-flail post that you deleted.
    So a deflection. Let me know when your pathetic antics are actually able to source what you say.

  3. #40943
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    No one is making up terms. It's an adjective followed by a noun. Do you understand how that works?
    Sure you aren't.

    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    This was the question: Does the CDC use numbers that are highly conjectural, and not well supported by available evidence?

    You haven't answered that question.

    And I can guarantee you won't.
    Here's how the exchange would go (since you're pathetically predictable)

    PRE911: Does the CDC use scienctific data processed by highly scientific processes?

    Tiny: Sure.

    PRE911: IT'S NOT HERPETHERTICAL! See, you didn't use the dictionary definition!
    I'll pass.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Disagree with the CDC? Straw man the shit out of it. Seems to be the handwavers antics of choice.
    An appeal to authority is so much more logical.

    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

  4. #40944
    The Lightbringer PhaelixWW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington (né California)
    Posts
    3,629
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    So a deflection. Let me know when your pathetic antics are actually able to source what you say.
    The deflection here is yours. How about I source and rebut the post that you deleted?


    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    It's like you didn't read the table directly above it (or the second one in the list) that breaks out the categories. Why am I not shocked?

    Here's some further reading to ignore.

    Edit: And since an image is worth 1000 words.



    Just lost tax revenues my ass. lol
    What you probably realized, after you posted this and made a fool of yourself, was that the graphic refers to all firearm fatalities, not suicides. And the big piece of the pie for criminal justice costs don't apply to suicides.

    Which, incidentally, leaves almost 90% of the remaining "cost" down to lost taxes.

    So yes, a picture is worth 1000 words. Thanks, Ruk.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." --Alexandre Dumas-fils

  5. #40945
    So besides from your pathetic deflection attempts, you did admit you were wrong, and that there's further data points besides "lost tax revenue". Thanks Mr. Secretary.

    Edit: I'm also mystified out of what rectal orifice you sourced that criminal justice isn't involved in any suicides. Or was that an assumption?
    Last edited by Rukentuts; 2015-02-05 at 11:34 PM.

  6. #40946
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    OK great. So you have no evidence, just a gut feeling and 'common sense'.

    Exhibit A as to why the term 'science denier' gets thrown around. lockedout is smarter than the CDC.

    Lol. You make it so incredibly easy to criticize and debunk your positions.



    Posting conspiracy theories is against forum rules.
    First of all I have first hand experience and it did not cost 1 million dollars to his family nor to society.
    Secondly that's satire not a "conspiracy theory" it even says so in the post you linked but it's at the bottom and we all know you don't actually read what you post, just google copy paste as has been proven several times in the past.
    Socialism is the only economic system that requires billionaires to exist.
    https://i.redditmedia.com/P8UE8DAGeB...c1ef120404fdbd
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    This term isn't far off, though it would need the word "scientific" in front of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Accessibility, ownership, availability; these are all essentially the same thing.

  7. #40947
    The Undying Cthulhu 2020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rigging your election
    Posts
    33,465
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    How many sales do gun manufacturer's make illegally?
    About as many as are bought legally then sold by the original purchaser.

    "But there will always be a black market!" is no excuse to not make laws and crack down on it.

    Can you get pot online? Sure. But legalization of pot in certain states has made it much more popular. The only reason a lot people don't smoke it is because of law. Laws have more effect than you seem to believe.
    "Nazis are like cats. If they like you, it's probably because you're feeding them." -John Oliver
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I don't care if he committed tax fraud. Scoring political victories and crushing the aspirations of your political opponents is more important than adhering to moral principles.
    Knadra finally just admitting Trumpkins care more about political victories than morals.

  8. #40948
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    First of all I have first hand experience and it did not cost 1 million dollars to his family nor to society.
    Really? Let's get some financial statements linked in here and get the mathematical juices flowing.

  9. #40949
    Legendary! TZucchini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Wish it was Canada
    Posts
    6,989
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    And that cost is lifetime lost taxes, not direct government expenditures. Like I said, feel free to argue lost taxes vs. government spending on medical help for a suicidal person.
    I'm not sure how that matters. Lost taxes goes into the equation. It's still a Governmental Cost. It's still a cost that can help cancel out the effects of subsidizing poor individuals. The point stands.

    And it doesn't even take into the account the intangibles. Like grief, lost of productivity from family members, etc.
    Eat yo vegetables

  10. #40950
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post

    Therefore, a "scientific projections" is "an estimate or trend based on present estimates, obtained by using the methods and principles of science."

    Such things exist. Whether you believe in them or not.



    It's a scientific projection.
    Otherwise known as a hypothesis.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Really? Let's get some financial statements linked in here and get the mathematical juices flowing.
    Right away!
    Socialism is the only economic system that requires billionaires to exist.
    https://i.redditmedia.com/P8UE8DAGeB...c1ef120404fdbd
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    This term isn't far off, though it would need the word "scientific" in front of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Accessibility, ownership, availability; these are all essentially the same thing.

  11. #40951
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Otherwise known as a hypothesis.
    Well played.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

  12. #40952
    The Lightbringer PhaelixWW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington (né California)
    Posts
    3,629
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    So besides from your pathetic deflection attempts, you did admit you were wrong, and that there's further data points besides "lost tax revenue". Thanks Mr. Secretary.
    I never said there weren't any other data points beside lost taxes. That's just your hyperbole.


    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Edit: I'm also mystified out of what rectal orifice you sourced that criminal justice isn't involved in any suicides. Or was that an assumption?
    Is the legal system filled with suicide victims awaiting trial? Sentenced to prison? Didn't think so.

    Oops, guess you won't be able to respond for a while. That's a shame.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." --Alexandre Dumas-fils

  13. #40953



    Apple store in................Switzerland.
    Socialism is the only economic system that requires billionaires to exist.
    https://i.redditmedia.com/P8UE8DAGeB...c1ef120404fdbd
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    This term isn't far off, though it would need the word "scientific" in front of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Accessibility, ownership, availability; these are all essentially the same thing.

  14. #40954
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11
    I'm not sure how that matters. Lost taxes goes into the equation. It's still a Governmental Cost. It's still a cost that can help cancel out the effects of subsidizing poor individuals. The point stands.

    And it doesn't even take into the account the intangibles. Like grief, lost of productivity from family members, etc.
    Here's why it matters: Your precious study is doing the exact same thing that entertainment industry analysts are doing when they claim that piracy costs the industry millions. They are making assumptions based on what they might have made if someone had actually bought their products instead of pirating them. As someone who has spent a portion of his life unemployed (and therefore not paying taxes), I can assure you that it's pretty stupid to assume X amount of tax revenue would be generated by a person if they hadn't been shot, and then factor that in to your 'societal costs' study to help get sympathy from people.

    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11
    Jesus Christ. Don't go all Eroginous on me. "There are no such thing as 'scientific studies', there are only 'studies'."

    Here's a quick lesson in the English language. There are adjectives, and there are nouns. An adjective typically describes a noun.

    The term "scientific" is an adjective. It means "based on or characterized by the methods and principles of science."

    The term "projection" is a noun. It means "an estimate or forecast of a future situation or trend based on a study of present ones."

    Therefore, a "scientific projections" is "an estimate or trend based on present estimates, obtained by using the methods and principles of science."

    Such things exist. Whether you believe in them or not.
    Yes, adjectives are used to describe nouns. The problem, however, is that adjectives are used to put emphasis on nouns, even when no emphasis is necessary. If I called my neighbor a 'fucking idiot,' instead of just an 'idiot,' you would believe he's somehow more of an idiot just because I tacked on the word 'fucking.' Even though he's just an idiot and the word 'fucking' really has nothing to do with it.

    The same thing goes with your overuse of the word 'scientific.' A study is just a study regardless of how often you tack the word 'scientific' onto it. If you're going to use an adjective, just like any other word, it has to be useful. We use colors, sizes, shapes, and features to convey information not already implicit within the nouns we use. The way you're using them in this thread is arbitrary at best. Furthermore, you seem to be ignorant of the fact that anyone can publish a study and there is such a thing as bad science. There are parties out there who aren't even scientists who publish studies full of misinformation and garbage that isn't even close to scientific.

    The fact that you just blindly link studies and believe them as factual is alarming at best. The hallmark of science is skepticism and disproving your own work. Not establishing a gospel that everyone just parrots all day long and believes without question.

  15. #40955
    The Unstoppable Force Mayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    pending...
    Posts
    21,693
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post



    Apple store in................Switzerland.
    http://world.time.com/2012/12/20/the...re-that-works/

    The government and pro-gun groups argued, however, that the country’s existing laws regulating the sale, ownership and licensing of private guns, which includes a ban on carrying concealed weapons, are stringent enough. The law allows citizens or legal residents over the age of 18, who have obtained a permit from the government and who have no criminal record or history of mental illness, to buy up to three weapons from an authorized dealer, with the exception of automatic firearms and selective fire weapons, which are banned. Semiautomatics, which have caused havoc in the U.S., can be legally purchased.
    I don´t know who´s not having me on ignore though, i´ve asked someone to help me with my spelling/writing as it´s giving people headaches or makes the posts i write unreadable.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

  16. #40956
    Legendary! TZucchini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Wish it was Canada
    Posts
    6,989
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Otherwise known as a hypothesis.
    This term isn't far off, though it would need the word "scientific" in front of it. And even then it's still not completely accurate. In terms of a scientific hypothesis, the research has already been done, however, the experiment has not.

    In the case of a scientific projection, the research has been done, and some of the experimental work (calculation) has been done as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Well played.
    I'd be careful about high-fiving someone that openly denies the science behind climate change, especially when he's commenting on scientific subjects. Just a caveat. Might make you look silly.
    Eat yo vegetables

  17. #40957
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post



    Apple store in................Switzerland.
    Interesting. It wouldn't alarm me. It's holstered... and I don't see a magazine... and it looks like the ejection port is open... I'm on a very small screen atm.
    "Plato is dear to me, but dearer still is truth." - Aristotle

  18. #40958
    The Undying Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    31,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    http://world.time.com/2012/12/20/the...re-that-works/



    I don´t know who´s not having me on ignore though, i´ve asked someone to help me with my spelling/writing as it´s giving people headaches or makes the posts i write unreadable.
    I don't have you on ignore....
    And here's what I've got to say to this..

    In every single case of people challenging your English, it was the person being an asshole, and not your English.
    And if anyone has a point about the language, then it would be non-native English speakers that could mock it. Because there are heaps of natives that suck at their own language worse than most foreigners. There's not a day where I don't see it.

    So forget the idiots.. fuck em..... aka report them..
    Challenging others on the grounds of language is against the forum rules.

    Your English is perfectly fine.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

  19. #40959
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    This term isn't far off, though it would need the word "scientific" in front of it.
    You need to take a step back and see how ridiculous you sound.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dolus View Post
    Interesting. It wouldn't alarm me. It's holstered... and I don't see a magazine... and it looks like the ejection port is open... I'm on a very small screen atm.
    You are correct on all of your assumptions.
    Socialism is the only economic system that requires billionaires to exist.
    https://i.redditmedia.com/P8UE8DAGeB...c1ef120404fdbd
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    This term isn't far off, though it would need the word "scientific" in front of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Accessibility, ownership, availability; these are all essentially the same thing.

  20. #40960
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA, Ohio
    Posts
    23,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolus View Post
    Interesting. It wouldn't alarm me. It's holstered... and I don't see a magazine... and it looks like the ejection port is open... I'm on a very small screen atm.
    It would not alarm me at all. Ohio is a open carry state and you do not even need a permit to do so. I have seen people open carrying a pistol in our local Walmart and no alarms went off. Everyone went about their shopping as they normally do. I saw this person doing it and thought " look, there is a citizen exercising his right to open carry." Then continued my shopping as normal.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •