Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    that and I also want the attack on magazine size to make it to supreme court.
    better hurry the way its looking by mid 2021 the court is going to have a whole lot of new members with "different" views then the current make up by election day.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    better hurry the way its looking by mid 2021 the court is going to have a whole lot of new members with "different" views then the current make up by election day.
    lol, you're counting your chickens before they hatch. That's a recipe for disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    lol, you're counting your chickens before they hatch. That's a recipe for disappointment.
    Very true.
    If it does not work out then I am going dark for about 4 years and going to pay no more than $750.00 to the IRS :P

Senate seems to be the only weak point in the plan.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

I kind of want a 50 cal Barrett Rifle but don't want to spend $10k on a rifle. So instead I'm putting money away for a desert eagle.

- - - Updated - - -

Guns for home defense explained.

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of want a 50 cal Barrett Rifle but don't want to spend $10k on a rifle. So instead I'm putting money away for a desert eagle.

- - - Updated - - -

Guns for home defense explained.

I have seen that video before. It's a good one. Backs up my stance the AR-15 is a excellent home defense firearm. But the ammo choice is important. Of course there will be those who will disagree.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

If you are surprised, a handgun is quicker to aim than a rifle, especially at those ranges. If you are waiting for someone to get into your aim, then yes, a rifle could be seen as stronger for that purpose.

A rifle is also bigger than a handgun, so it is comes to hand to hand combat, it is easier for your opponent to catch your gun while you can use your free arm with a handgun to repel him or at least hold him while firing with the other hand.

On a more practical note, what are your thoughts about the XT22 from Merlin ? Is it considered a good weapon for having fun at a firing range ?
    Last edited by Specialka; 2020-10-25 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Meh if Roe V. Wade has shown anything there's more than one way to skin a cat you guys keep wanting blue states to be like red states when it comes to the gun control that's simply delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    If you are surprised, a handgun is quicker to aim than a rifle, especially at those ranges. If you are waiting for someone to get into your aim, then yes, a rifle could be seen as stronger for that purpose.

A rifle is also bigger than a handgun, so it is comes to hand to hand combat, it is easier for your opponent to catch your gun while you can use your free arm with a handgun to repel him or at least hold him while firing with the other hand.
    To an extent, but in either case, you'll be tucking the gun close to you rather than having a rifle stick out to it's full length or a pistol held at full weaver stance or whatnot.

On a more practical note, what are your thoughts about the XT22 from Merlin ? Is it considered a good weapon for having fun at a firing range ?
    Marlin was part of the Remington bankruptcy split up and was bought by Ruger. I'm not familiar with the XT22 directly, but it is bound to be a good rifle as Marlin's designs are good stuff. You're unlikely to find one around right now, and not sure if Ruger will continue them. Ruger make the American Rimfire which is slightly more money, but also excellent. I have one of them and it shoots great, lots of fun.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

15+ Year Old Account
    Great link showing the calm and collected composure and training of a responsible gun owner defending himself from lethal force. Mental health checks should never inhibit ones ability to brandish a firearm.

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/s...647017984?s=19
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Meh if Roe V. Wade has shown anything there's more than one way to skin a cat you guys keep wanting blue states to be like red states when it comes to the gun control that's simply delusional.
    and blue states want red states to be like blue states when it comes to gun control.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I'm probably picking up a shotgun this week.

This last few months in the Pacific Northwest has me worried how the Left will take the election if they lose. Worried about a CHAZ or Portland redux, but even more violent and more widespread. I doubt there's an issue out here on the Kitsap peninsula, but I'd rather have one and never need it than need one and not have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post

This last few months in the Pacific Northwest has me worried how the Left will take the election if they lose. Worried about a CHAZ or Portland redux, but even more violent and more widespread. I doubt there's an issue out here on the Kitsap peninsula, but I'd rather have one and never need it than need one and not have it.
    Which shotgun you going to get?

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Which shotgun you going to get?
    It's been a while since I handled weapons, back in my army conscript days, so I'm going for pretty basic for a first one.

Either a Beretta A300 or a Mossberg 500 Tactical.

and blue states want red states to be like blue states when it comes to gun control.
    But realistically there is no such thing since even the bluest of states have conservative population that dwarf even the reddest of states. The problem is the balance that once existed in politics no longer exist since the right has gone off to Qanon level deep end.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post

Do not blame you. The Mossberg 500 is a great shotgun. Not sure about where you live, but many firearms are hard to get. Also ammo.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    If it even comes up, which is far from settled, it's the kind of move that guarantees a 2-years-and-out for Democrat control of the Senate. When polled, adding seats to the Supreme Court is about 60% opposed. Everybody knows it's dirty pool. "Court packing" has been an epithet since FDR was rebuffed trying it (the country that let him round up the Japanese wouldn't let him pack the Court, that should be a warning of history). Nobody in the general public is buying the "ackshually, filling seats that are already open with people we don't like is the real court packing" nonsense. All of which is to say, you'd have Democrats with election in '22 who would be very resistant/reluctant.

But honestly I don't expect this to come up at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    But realistically there is no such thing since even the bluest of states have conservative population that dwarf even the reddest of states. The problem is the balance that once existed in politics no longer exist since the right has gone off to Qanon level deep end.
    More liberals have heard of Qanon than conservatives, generally speaking. Which is to say, it exists primarily as a left wing boogeyman not a right wing conspiracy theory or ideology.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    More liberals have heard of Qanon than conservatives, generally speaking. Which is to say, it exists primarily as a left wing boogeyman not a right wing conspiracy theory or ideology.
    That is just delusional the president of the US is talking about them on a regular basis and you have elected a Qanon crazy that is going to win her election and be a member of congress. How can you say it's a boogey man from the left when you are putting these nut jobs in congress?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    That doesn’t make sense... There are tons of posters at Trump rallies about Q. The root of it is PizzaGate or is that also something only left knows about? Since this topic is guns, the entire concept of the thread is predicated on an imagined thread of a boogie man coming for your guns. A threat, that is inherent in QAnon ideology... Gun control is a gateway conspiracy theory to QAnon. Just like Birtharism, pizzagate, Soros, flat earthers and just about any other conspiracy theory.

But, as I said... the only relevance QAnon has to the thread, is that government coming for your guns is a gateway conspiracy to QAnon.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    That doesn’t make sense... There are tons of posters at Trump rallies about Q. The root of it is PizzaGate or is that also something only left knows about? Since this topic is guns, the entire concept of the thread is predicated on an imagined thread of a boogie man coming for your guns. A threat, that is inherent in QAnon ideology... Gun control is a gateway conspiracy theory to QAnon. Just like Birtharism, pizzagate, Soros, flat earthers and just about any other conspiracy theory.

But, as I said... the only relevance QAnon has to the thread, is that government coming for your guns is a gateway conspiracy to QAnon.

Is joe biden and kamala harris lying then?

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Is joe biden and kamala harris lying then?
    No, the pundits who depend on the conspiracy, curating your news or social media that is causing it. I’m sorry, this started in 1994 with the assault rifle ban, because the NRA realized that their tact of funding both parties, including Joe Biden, was ineffective. Instead, they chose to refocus on a segment of politics. After a few mansions for NRA top brass... we are here... no guns being taken away, but a lot of well curated videos.

You know what they say... follow the money...

I thought this was an effective form of gun control:

Trading Guns for Toys
    https://www.nytimes.com/1993/12/28/o...-for-toys.html
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-10-26 at 01:23 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi