View Poll Results: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Voters
4726. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    2,850 60.30%
  • No

    1,876 39.70%
  1. #57121
    I am Murloc! Noxx79's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Kansas. Yes, THAT Kansas.
    Posts
    5,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    It would be more effective at saving lives than gun control, so you should be pushing for it.
    And gassing non-violent protestors because someone committed a crime the night before is A-OK!

  2. #57122
    The Unstoppable Force Kellhound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Bank of the Columbia
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    So you have no problem with “innocents” being “punished” by rules affecting gun ownership.

    So let’s not hear any more about “punishing” legal gun owners.

    When are you going to turn yourself into to thecops because someone committed a crime in your neighborhood.

    Thanks!
    I have significant issue with non-criminals being punished by laws enacted in the name of combating crime.

    That is what gun control is though, punishing all for the acts of a few.

    That makes no sense.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    And gassing non-violent protestors because someone committed a crime the night before is A-OK!
    Again, transient violation. And tear gas is just tear gas, not VX.
    Last edited by Kellhound; 2020-11-21 at 08:59 PM.
    Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.
    “Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
    "His knowledge on that topic is only power point deep..." "Power corrupts and PowerPoint corrupts absolutely."
    "Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

  3. #57123
    I am Murloc! Noxx79's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Kansas. Yes, THAT Kansas.
    Posts
    5,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    I have significant issue with non-criminals being punished by laws enacted in the name of combating crime.

    That is what gun control is though, punishing all for the acts of a few.

    That makes no sense.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Again, transient violation.
    Yet you approved of it. You said they deserved to be gassed because someone committed a crime the night before.

    Are you finally admitting the constitution was indeed violated?

    Because that would go against your bloodthirsty declaration that the cops should stay out of protests and allow you and your gun nuts to murder peaceful protestors.

  4. #57124
    The Unstoppable Force Kellhound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Bank of the Columbia
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Yet you approved of it. You said they deserved to be gassed because someone committed a crime the night before.

    Are you finally admitting the constitution was indeed violated?

    Because that would go against your bloodthirsty declaration that the cops should stay out of protests and allow you and your gun nuts to murder peaceful protestors.
    I neither approved or disapproved of it, just stated it was a transitory violation for the courts to decide if it was justified.

    That is a far more broad statement than asking about a single amendment.

    I have said nothing of the sort.
    Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.
    “Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
    "His knowledge on that topic is only power point deep..." "Power corrupts and PowerPoint corrupts absolutely."
    "Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

  5. #57125
    I am Murloc! Noxx79's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Kansas. Yes, THAT Kansas.
    Posts
    5,275
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Nah just make it a gun control law. i'm sure criminals will follow it.
    So murder should be legal.

  6. #57126
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    It would be more effective at saving lives than gun control, so you should be pushing for it.
    Claims based on feels are fun.

    Your analogy is stupid. Mandatory background checks on guns is sensible and basically what is already done everywhere: looking up driving record before issuing a license to drive.

    Pro tip: when you resort to analogy instead of data, it's easy to spot that you're full of shit.

  7. #57127
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    It would be more effective at saving lives than gun control, so you should be pushing for it.
    Manditory insurance already exist for cars and they already at least force breathalyzers on convicted drunk drivers.

    Now can we do the same for guns, then we will get back to pushing for more on cars.

    and btw you know ya can do more than one thing at a time right?
    "The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president," - McConnell
    Karma 1 Trump 0 -Feel as bad for trump as trump did for Hillary- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iIBw-_0T6I

  8. #57128
    The Unstoppable Force Mayhem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    pending...
    Posts
    22,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    I didn't mean it was better punishment from the view of the criminal. I really don't care about the well being of violent felons.
    So how is it better then? What was your point?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Internet doesn't help if background checks are used to keep transactions in limbo intentionally. It also doesn't seem to help if you have either very common or very odd full names.
    Sure it does, I can sign documents with a government app on my phone. Make an automated system with a registry that can only be looked into by law enforcement if a judge gives the order to do so. Automated documentation that civilians can look into themselves with the required access code so that you yourself can look it up if you might get in contact with the police or fear prosecution. Every sale would be registered, every purchase would be registered, every gun lost or stolen would be registered. It would immensely help law enforcement.

    Why do you think transactions are kept in limbo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    The very term "cope" denotes negative impact on those affected. Since I was referring to negative impact, my comment stands.
    So almost every law or regulation has a negative effect on law-abiding citizens then, cool ok, that's just how it is or else society wouldn't work. It would be awesome if we could just trust everyone doing the right thing but that's just not how it works.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    A certain amount of people will be dissuaded, the rest punished. And thank you for admitting that gun control is not what keeps crime from happening.
    People got their hands chopped off for stealing do you think that stopped theft? What you get with harsher punishments for lesser crimes is criminals rather getting rid of witnesses than risk being caught because the punishment is virtually the same and law-abiding citizens fearing others will accuse them of something they didn't commit. It's a very useful tool for authoritarian governments to get their citizens to monitor each other.

    Gun control keeps the crimes from escalating, so fewer people die. I never once said gun control keeps crimes from happening, and I don't remember anyone else ever saying this so no idea what you think I was admitting.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

  9. #57129
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    I live in a blue college town, in a blue state, in New England.
    And you don’t know the difference between liberals and anarchists? I’ve heard of social distancing, but this is ridiculous.
    MMO-Champion Off-Topic's voice of reason.
    If you're mad at me, rest assured it's only because I'm smarter than you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

  10. #57130
    Australians speaking about about gun control

    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

  11. #57131
    The Unstoppable Force Kellhound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Bank of the Columbia
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    Claims based on feels are fun.

    Your analogy is stupid. Mandatory background checks on guns is sensible and basically what is already done everywhere: looking up driving record before issuing a license to drive.

    Pro tip: when you resort to analogy instead of data, it's easy to spot that you're full of shit.
    Based on numbers not feels.

    Drivers license not needed to buy a car.
    Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.
    “Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
    "His knowledge on that topic is only power point deep..." "Power corrupts and PowerPoint corrupts absolutely."
    "Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

  12. #57132
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Based on numbers not feels.

    Drivers license not needed to buy a car.
    Drivers license is needed to operate/use a car.

  13. #57133
    The Unstoppable Force Kellhound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Bank of the Columbia
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Manditory insurance already exist for cars and they already at least force breathalyzers on convicted drunk drivers.

    Now can we do the same for guns, then we will get back to pushing for more on cars.

    and btw you know ya can do more than one thing at a time right?
    That only impacts those already proven to not be able to not drink and drive.

    Driving is not a right, but you can buy a car even if prohibited from driving.

    And I am sure you have never promoted it before.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Drivers license is needed to operate/use a car.
    Concealed carry license required in most states to carry a concealed handgun.
    Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.
    “Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
    "His knowledge on that topic is only power point deep..." "Power corrupts and PowerPoint corrupts absolutely."
    "Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

  14. #57134
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    55,732
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Drivers license not needed to buy a car.
    Are you suggesting the right to bare arms, does not grant the right to shoot? That’s an interesting take...
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  15. #57135
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    55,732
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    He is right. Some politicians would go so far as to abolish the 2nd or amend it to the point, it would not protect a citizen's right to keep and carry firearms. The difference however between Australia and the US is, they do not have a constitution giving their citizens a right for such. There are still too many states which are run by governments which are pro second amendment rights for them to get away with it here.

    Could that change in the future? Absolutely. Which is why Jefferson remarked, that liberty requires constant vigilance.

    Good video, thanks for sharing.
    You remove lobbying, that support will fade. Guns are the only industry, that claims constitutional requirements. Imagine if all gun manufacturers go out of business... what does that mean for the 2nd amendment?
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  16. #57136
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA, Ohio
    Posts
    24,106
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Australians speaking about about gun control

    He is right. Some politicians would go so far as to abolish the 2nd or amend it to the point, it would not protect a citizen's right to keep and carry firearms. The difference however between Australia and the US is, they do not have a constitution giving their citizens a right for such. There are still too many states which are run by governments which are pro second amendment rights for them to get away with it here.

    Could that change in the future? Absolutely. Which is why Jefferson remarked, that liberty requires constant vigilance. While there is no proof in his writings he said such, there are plenty of proof such a stance is supported by many of the founders and Jefferson in spirit did support it based on his other statements.

    Good video, thanks for sharing.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

  17. #57137
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    55,732
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Could that change in the future? Absolutely. Which is why Jefferson remarked, that liberty requires constant vigilance. While there is no proof in his writings he said such, there are plenty of proof such a stance is supported by many of the founders and Jefferson in spirit did support it based on his other statements.
    Beyond the weird assertion, followed by contradiction... isn’t a car a more suitable vehicle of Liberty, than a gun? If you ask police, a lot of their infringement on citizen’s liberty, is due to the proliferation of guns.
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  18. #57138
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    And you don’t know the difference between liberals and anarchists? I’ve heard of social distancing, but this is ridiculous.
    Actual anarchists are rare. Most "anarchists" are LARPing watermelons pretending to be small government until it comes to guns or other icky things they don't like. It's fine because they're all equally retarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Are these resisters actually contributing to our country and paying their taxes? Or are they freeloading?

  19. #57139
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Beyond the weird assertion, followed by contradiction... isn’t a car a more suitable vehicle of Liberty, than a gun? If you ask police, a lot of their infringement on citizen’s liberty, is due to the proliferation of guns.
    the right to defend yourself is a more important liberty and transportation. That's why one is a constitutional right and the other is a privilege. The right to defend yourself predates the constitution. It's a natural right.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

  20. #57140
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    55,732
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    the right to defend yourself is a more important liberty and transportation. That's why one is a constitutional right and the other is a privilege. The right to defend yourself predates the constitution. It's a natural right.
    We are discussing the right to bare arms, not your perversion there of.

    Cars are absolutely more valuable to Liberty, than a gun. It’s undeniable...
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •