Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Mega-Thread: Gun Control Thread

Previously, this OP was fairly biased, and honestly, we don't need a lengthy OP for this thread.

Stay on topic, don't bash each other with insults, and remember this is just a thread in an internet forum.

- Simca

Thread Warnings:
    While the thread is about gun control laws (mostly assault weapons laws), gun-related discussion is fine.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-10-22 at 06:55 PM.

Republican controlled House....yea this will pass.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am not from US, by why wouldn't anyone support it? Like he said you don't use assault weapons to hunt deer or any other animals for that matter.

Even though I very much doubt it has even the slightest chance of passing, I support it. I always thought the original ban should have been renewed. Honestly can't see a legitimate reason for private citizens in general to need assault weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    I am not from US, by why wouldn't anyone support it? Like he said you don't use assault weapons to hunt deer or any other animals for that matter.
    Same reason they refused to accept the UN status on the rights of a disabled person. They sincerely thought by signing that they were giving the UN authority over there own. Some people think messing with 2nd "right to bear arms" means we want to take away ALL their guns and not just some of it. I know it sounds sillly but they're actually pople out there.

Like NRA (National Rifle assciassion) think think the goverment wants to rub us of guns and take over..

10+ Year Old Account
    I support it, however i don't think decisions and laws should be put in place just because a small amount of incidents they should be based on the subject as a whole not just what the crowd is currently shouting/ thinking about at this present moment in time >.<

It really reminds me of facebook...Something happens eg the kony incident and people make a huge fuss over it one week and totally forget about it the next, it would have been silly to implement a law while people are riled up...

10+ Year Old Account
    So here we go, it begins.

Grab yer guns! Obama's coming!
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    uhhhhhh wtf? they do realize that any full-auto weapon is against the law to own AND any magazine that holds over 30 rounds is too right? how can you ban something that is already against the law to own?
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

I think last time the arguments were somewhere along the lines of "they aren't used very often so let's ignore them even though it's a deadly weapon of war".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I support it, however i don't think decisions and laws should be put in place just because a small amount of incidents they should be based on the subject as a whole not just what the crowd is currently shouting/ thinking about at this present moment in time >.<

It really reminds me of facebook...Something happens eg the kony incident and people make a huge fuss over it one week and totally forget about it the next, it would have been silly to implement a law while people are riled up...
    Tell me how many shootings there have been in the last year alone in the US. And what the total body/injured count is. This is hardly a kneejerk reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    So here we go, it begins.

Grab yer guns! Obama's coming!
    for the last 20 years or so i hear ads for gun shows saying "get your guns while you still can!!!" i wonder how they will step it up in response to this?

I kinda have to agree. Why exactly do we need assault rifles to be sold? Not like we're going to get off our fat American lazy asses to revolt anyway.

Last time I checked criminals don't follow laws or bans.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    uhhhhhh wtf? they do realize that any full-auto weapon is against the law to own AND and magazine that holds over 30 rounds is too right? how can you ban something that is already against the law to own?
    Umm. What laws do you think they are against?

Deleted
    Don't ban firearms, regulate them better. Stop letting every moron with ID buy them, mandatory training and proper storage should be a requirement. A good gun safe can be brought very cheaply, and make owners accountable too for letting them get stolen or "losing" them. How the fuck do you lose a gun anyway?

Yes I support this move. The less guns = the better. Countries with less guns have lower gun deaths and that's a FACT. I don't care about so called "responsible guns owner"s and whatever. This country has a gun problem, and it will only get worse untill we do something about it. I'm so SICK of the people who say assault rifles and freaking weapons that can kill masses in seconds are not the problem. You kind of people constantly setup the right type of environment for these type of situations to happen because of your attitude of "Well I did not do it, but that crazy guy did, so everyone should be able to still own assault rifles and guns lolololol".

Yeah lets just arm everyone. Yes we will have more stories of people who stopped someone from shooting people, but we will also have 2, 3, 4-fold more gun deaths along with that number.
    Last edited by Snakeseye0; 2012-12-16 at 07:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Don't ban firearms, regulate them better. Stop letting every moron with ID buy them, mandatory training and proper storage should be a requirement. A good gun safe can be brought very cheaply, and make owners accountable too for letting them get stolen or "losing" them. How the fuck do you lose a gun anyway?
    I lost it in the ball pen at a play area at McDonalds.

Slipped out of my pocket.

I hope they were careful, it was loaded.
    Putin khuliyo

" You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here’s why.

It’s because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single victim of Columbine? Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he’ll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN’s article says that if the body count “holds up”, this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer’s face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer’s identity? None that I’ve seen yet. Because they don’t sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you’ve just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man’s name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem. You can help by turning off the news."

--Morgan Freeman (Attributed to, not verified.)

Quote Originally Posted by Raidbozz View Post
    Last time I checked criminals don't follow laws or bans.
    Doesn't mean we should make it easier for them to obtain tools. In most cases of mass killings, the weapon was obtained legally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell me how many shootings there have been in the last year alone in the US. And what the total body/injured count is. This is hardly a kneejerk reaction.
    I could say that about any country, that allows citizens to owns guns or not. As i said i support the ban. However it should be considered for a a length of time and not just when people are in such as an emotional and raw state.