Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Manditory insurance already exist for cars and they already at least force breathalyzers on convicted drunk drivers.

Now can we do the same for guns, then we will get back to pushing for more on cars.

and btw you know ya can do more than one thing at a time right?
    That only impacts those already proven to not be able to not drink and drive.

Driving is not a right, but you can buy a car even if prohibited from driving.

And I am sure you have never promoted it before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Drivers license is needed to operate/use a car.
    Concealed carry license required in most states to carry a concealed handgun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Drivers license not needed to buy a car.
    Are you suggesting the right to bare arms, does not grant the right to shoot? That’s an interesting take...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    He is right. Some politicians would go so far as to abolish the 2nd or amend it to the point, it would not protect a citizen's right to keep and carry firearms. The difference however between Australia and the US is, they do not have a constitution giving their citizens a right for such. There are still too many states which are run by governments which are pro second amendment rights for them to get away with it here.

Could that change in the future? Absolutely. Which is why Jefferson remarked, that liberty requires constant vigilance.

Good video, thanks for sharing.
    You remove lobbying, that support will fade. Guns are the only industry, that claims constitutional requirements. Imagine if all gun manufacturers go out of business... what does that mean for the 2nd amendment?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Australians speaking about about gun control

He is right. Some politicians would go so far as to abolish the 2nd or amend it to the point, it would not protect a citizen's right to keep and carry firearms. The difference however between Australia and the US is, they do not have a constitution giving their citizens a right for such. There are still too many states which are run by governments which are pro second amendment rights for them to get away with it here.

Could that change in the future? Absolutely. Which is why Jefferson remarked, that liberty requires constant vigilance. While there is no proof in his writings he said such, there are plenty of proof such a stance is supported by many of the founders and Jefferson in spirit did support it based on his other statements.

Good video, thanks for sharing.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Could that change in the future? Absolutely. Which is why Jefferson remarked, that liberty requires constant vigilance. While there is no proof in his writings he said such, there are plenty of proof such a stance is supported by many of the founders and Jefferson in spirit did support it based on his other statements.
    Beyond the weird assertion, followed by contradiction... isn’t a car a more suitable vehicle of Liberty, than a gun? If you ask police, a lot of their infringement on citizen’s liberty, is due to the proliferation of guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    And you don’t know the difference between liberals and anarchists? I’ve heard of social distancing, but this is ridiculous.
    Actual anarchists are rare. Most "anarchists" are LARPing watermelons pretending to be small government until it comes to guns or other icky things they don't like. It's fine because they're all equally retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Beyond the weird assertion, followed by contradiction... isn’t a car a more suitable vehicle of Liberty, than a gun? If you ask police, a lot of their infringement on citizen’s liberty, is due to the proliferation of guns.
    the right to defend yourself is a more important liberty and transportation. That's why one is a constitutional right and the other is a privilege. The right to defend yourself predates the constitution. It's a natural right.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    the right to defend yourself is a more important liberty and transportation. That's why one is a constitutional right and the other is a privilege. The right to defend yourself predates the constitution. It's a natural right.
    We are discussing the right to bare arms, not your perversion there of.

Cars are absolutely more valuable to Liberty, than a gun. It’s undeniable...

We are discussing the right to bare arms, not your perversion there of.

Cars are absolutely more valuable to Liberty, than a gun. It’s undeniable...
    are you saying people don't have a natural right to defend themselves?

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    are you saying people don't have a natural right to defend themselves?
    No, I am saying that gun rights are not a natural right to defend your self. If you want to call it that, than I get to replace cars, with simply moving in any way shape or form, is more important than defending your self. Because it’s impossible to defend your self, when you can’t even move your trigger finger.

No, I am saying that gun rights are not a natural right to defend your self. If you want to call it that, than I get to replace cars, with simply moving in any way shape or form, is more important than defending your self. Because it’s impossible to defend your self, when you can’t even move your trigger finger.
    Fortunately the founders of our country disagree with you.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Fortunately the founders of our country disagree with you.
    No, they didn’t... The right to defend your self, is not the second Amendment. It simply isn’t...

Edit: I’d say the sixth, is far closer to ones right to defend them selfs, than second.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-11-22 at 01:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    So how is it better then? What was your point?

Sure it does, I can sign documents with a government app on my phone. Make an automated system with a registry that can only be looked into by law enforcement if a judge gives the order to do so. Automated documentation that civilians can look into themselves with the required access code so that you yourself can look it up if you might get in contact with the police or fear prosecution. Every sale would be registered, every purchase would be registered, every gun lost or stolen would be registered. It would immensely help law enforcement.

Why do you think transactions are kept in limbo?

So almost every law or regulation has a negative effect on law-abiding citizens then, cool ok, that's just how it is or else society wouldn't work. It would be awesome if we could just trust everyone doing the right thing but that's just not how it works.

People got their hands chopped off for stealing do you think that stopped theft? What you get with harsher punishments for lesser crimes is criminals rather getting rid of witnesses than risk being caught because the punishment is virtually the same and law-abiding citizens fearing others will accuse them of something they didn't commit. It's a very useful tool for authoritarian governments to get their citizens to monitor each other.

Gun control keeps the crimes from escalating, so fewer people die. I never once said gun control keeps crimes from happening, and I don't remember anyone else ever saying this so no idea what you think I was admitting.
    Because you need less guards to look after them.

So you want a registration for every member of a protest as well? It's biggest help to law enforcement would be in the removal of firearms from people who decided to follow the law.

How does banning felons from owning firearms negatively impact law abiding citizens?

Stopped? No. Reduced? Yes.

If I use a gun in this robbery, I will spend life in prison. If I just use a knife I get the old slap on the wrist. Knife it is!

- - - Updated - - -

Are you suggesting the right to bare arms, does not grant the right to shoot? That’s an interesting take...
    it does not grant the right to shoot people without proper reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Last I checked, there is no Constitutional right to own a means of transportation.

- - - Updated - - -

Concealing =/= using/operating.

Not quite the same thing no. That's like me not needing a license to drive a car, but I need one to park it.
    Concealed carry is the most common active daily use of many firearms.

10+ Year Old Account
    it does not grant the right to shoot people without proper reason.
    Don’t you think “proper reason” is kinda vague?

Last I checked, there is no Constitutional right to own a means of transportation.
    Yeah, because the constitution doesn’t define liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    Actual anarchists are rare. Most "anarchists" are LARPing watermelons pretending to be small government until it comes to guns or other icky things they don't like. It's fine because they're all equally retarded.
    Just like TV told you.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

That only impacts those already proven to not be able to not drink and drive.

Driving is not a right, but you can buy a car even if prohibited from driving.

And I am sure you have never promoted it before.

good, you right is to bear arms...says nothing about the right to ammo. Lets get real technical and keep rehashing your tired car deflections.

Promoted what? Manditory insurance for gun owners, i sure have in a many page arugment some time back.
    Manditory breathalizers, never though of it but i am down if it saves lives why not? Are you against saving lives?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

15+ Year Old Account
    Because you need less guards to look after them.
    Do you think dead criminals need guards at the graveyard? What the fuck are you talking about?

So you want a registration for every member of a protest as well?
    Different things are different, why is this so hard for you to understand? People aren't inanimate things. You know for someone supposedly defending the rights of people you not understanding that people are the ones who hold rights not inanimate objects is a bit troubling.

It's biggest help to law enforcement would be in the removal of firearms from people who decided to follow the law.
    What? How would that help law enforcement?

How does banning felons from owning firearms negatively impact law abiding citizens?
    What part of "almost" don't you understand?

Stopped? No. Reduced? Yes.
    I'd ask you for numbers but you are already out of your league in this part of the discussion, you might want to drop it.

If I use a gun in this robbery, I will spend life in prison. If I just use a knife I get the old slap on the wrist. Knife it is!
    So guns are just glorified knives? So you'd feel as safe with defending yourself with a knife as with a gun? I don't know why you're against gun control then, I mean, in the end it wouldn't impact you at all.

Is this you admitting that knives aren't as dangerous as guns?

- - - Updated - - -

Concealed carry is the most common active daily use of many firearms.
    You have a very weird definition of active use.

By this uhm logic, parking is the most active use of cars.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    This is just how politicians get you to support them. These protests, regardless of who you believe they are, not protesting guns. What’s the other icky things you don’t like? Can you name another lobby as powerful as the NRA, in influencing single issue voters?

Edit: If you want to insult people the most supporting if gun control, insult the demographics of those that don’t own guns. The women, the college educated and minorities, that have around a 25% gun ownership rate. Because according to pew research, despite gun owners holding the most value in the second Amendment, the rest of us have it in the 30% area.

Furthermore, gun purchases are skewing the numbers of gun popularity, because less than 50% of house holds have a gun... but, nearly 30% of gun owners, own 5 or more. That’s more guns than needed to be owned by every American citizen, owned by a minority. It makes it so gun lobby doesn’t actually need new customers, thus don’t need to change their fearmongering to a wider scope. They don’t need to encourage the far left to buy guns, because 66% of owners buy multiples and 29% buy more than 5.

https://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2017...hip-with-guns/

Basically, to help contextualize this... about 29% of gun owners, seem to imply the same psychological connection to guns, as fans of Pokemon.

Edit: Speaking of those owning so many guns... how does that work for self defense? Is it like, I choose you Remington Steel!!! or... strategically hidden through the house? Like, you have one in the bedroom, but the perp stops you. You tell them the safe is in the kitchen... then bam! Hidden gun number 2! If they impede you again... just keep repeating the process of forgetting where the safe is, until the perp gets tired and leaves?
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-11-22 at 01:27 PM.

Concealing =/= using/operating.

Not quite the same thing no. That's like me not needing a license to drive a car, but I need one to park it.
    A license is needed to operate a vehicle on public roads, vs operating one on your own land, thus the comparison to a concealed weapons license (carried in public) vs simple ownership (at home). If you had a vehicle (gun) that you only used at a race track (range), but otherwise it remained stored (at home), you would have no need for a driver license or any registration for it.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Edit: If you want to insult people the most supporting if gun control, insult the demographics of those that don’t own guns. The women, the college educated and minorities, that have around a 25% gun ownership rate. Because according to pew research, despite gun owners holding the most value in the second Amendment, the rest of us have it in the 30% area.
    Pro-tip: Not owning a gun does not automatically mean you support removal of constitutional rights. I won't hold anyone in poor regard if they can't justify the expense, are worried about their ability to safely store or use a firearm, or for pretty much any reason other than "I don't like them so you can't have them"...