Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

And that is why guns should be severely restricted and absolutely not for 'self defense' or defense of propriety.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Not to victim blame...but that toxic machismo was on display from both men. I mean, Kyle is the asshole that brought a gun into their little dick-waving contest and absolutely needs to be charged with murder. But, Dad wasn't operating on his best behaviour either.
    Both were acting like drunk 21 year old dudebros outside a bar chest bumping like idiots, yes. But one of them escalated things about 20 levels at once by going in to get a fuckin gun, like a micropenis retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Both were acting like drunk 21 year old dudebros outside a bar chest bumping like idiots, yes. But one of them escalated things about 20 levels at once by going in to get a fuckin gun, like a micropenis retard.
    No doubt. Both of them were acting like idiots. But only 1 idiot made the decision to bring a gun into it. I can just easily see a situation where the dad gets control of the gun and shoots Kyle instead. Which, to be fair, would still mostly be on Kyle for bringing the gun out in the first place. That's a situation where I probably would lean a bit more into "victim blaming".

No doubt. Both of them were acting like idiots. But only 1 idiot made the decision to bring a gun into it. I can just easily see a situation where the dad gets control of the gun and shoots Kyle instead. Which, to be fair, would still mostly be on Kyle for bringing the gun out in the first place. That's a situation where I probably would lean a bit more into "victim blaming".
    Both are idiots, both are responsible for escalating, but dude who brought the gun is the "badder guy" between the two since he escalated from a verbal and gently physical confrontation to literal lethal threat. Would other guy have been better served just walking off the property? Abso-freakin-lutely. The gun was beyond unnecessary and the correct course of action would have been for the micropenis guy #1 to walk back inside, phone the local police to report trespassing, and wait for the cops to show up and do their jobs.

There is no situation where the other guy gets control of the gun if the gun is never brought out. This is purely based off the actions of one insecure beta-male who needs his Penis Enhancer(TM) to feel masculine in the face of a verbal confrontation.

I cannot insult micropenis murderer guy enough.

His stepson may now grow up without either of his father figures - his biological father who was murdered by his stepfather, and his stepfather who will (hopefully) spend many years in prison for an completely unnecessary murder.

- - - Updated - - -

https://apnews.com/article/shootings...2bce7698ce9128

A 15-year-old sophomore opened fire at his Michigan high school on Tuesday, killing three students and wounding six other people, including a teacher, authorities said.

Oakland County Undersheriff Mike McCabe said at a news conference that he didn’t know what the assailant’s motives were for the attack at Oxford High School in Oxford Township, a community of about 22,000 people roughly 30 miles (48 kilometers) north of Detroit.

Officers responded at around 12:55 p.m. to a flood of 911 calls about an active shooter at the school, McCabe said. Authorities arrested the suspect at the school and recovered a semi-automatic handgun and several clips.

“Deputies confronted him, he had the weapon on him, they took him into custody,” McCabe said, declining to share more detail about the arrest.

Authorities didn’t immediately release the names of the suspect or victims.

Tim Throne, the superintendent of Oxford Community Schools, said he didn’t know yet know the victims’ names or whether their families had been contacted.

“I’m shocked. It’s devastating,” the shaken superintendent told reporters.

The school was placed on lockdown after the attack, with some children sheltering in locked classrooms while officers searched the premises. They were later taken to a nearby Meijer grocery store to be picked up by their parents.
    It's "School shooting o'clock" in the only nation where this routinely happens. And we still can't figure out why, or how to stop it, or even agree that school shootings are bad and that something should be done about it.

It's terribly that this has become so routine in my lifetime that I'm not even shocked or horrified by this anymore. Kids getting killed at school is just a "thing that happens".

Both are idiots, both are responsible for escalating, but dude who brought the gun is the "badder guy" between the two since he escalated from a verbal and gently physical confrontation to literal lethal threat. Would other guy have been better served just walking off the property? Abso-freakin-lutely. The gun was beyond unnecessary and the correct course of action would have been for the micropenis guy #1 to walk back inside, phone the local police to report trespassing, and wait for the cops to show up and do their jobs.

There is no situation where the other guy gets control of the gun if the gun is never brought out. This is purely based off the actions of one insecure beta-male who needs his Penis Enhancer(TM) to feel masculine in the face of a verbal confrontation.

I cannot insult micropenis murderer guy enough.

His stepson may now grow up without either of his father figures - his biological father who was murdered by his stepfather, and his stepfather who will (hopefully) spend many years in prison for an completely unnecessary murder.
    Like I said in original post:

Kyle is the asshole that brought a gun into their little dick-waving contest and absolutely needs to be charged with murder.
    In no way am I auggesting that the Dad "deserved" this or anything at all. I'm just pointing out that the toxic machismo was on full display from both men and how easily it could have turned out to be Kyle's Last bad decision.

In no way am I auggesting that the Dad "deserved" this or anything at all. I'm just pointing out that the toxic machismo was on full display from both men and how easily it could have turned out to be Kyle's Last bad decision.
    From what I understand, Texas has laws allowing you to use lethal force if someone uses force to try to remove you from your house (including the porch). Castle Doctrine is very broad in Texas, and while there were plenty of exit ramps in this argument, the Law basically is completely on the side of the guy who lives there vs the guy refusing to leave and using force.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    From what I understand, Texas has laws allowing you to use lethal force if someone uses force to try to remove you from your house (including the porch). Castle Doctrine is very broad in Texas, and while there were plenty of exit ramps in this argument, the Law basically is completely on the side of the guy who lives there vs the guy refusing to leave and using force.
    Because our gun laws are beyond broken. The correct response to someone trespassing on your property and posing literally zero threat is to call the cops and let them do their jobs. That's what they're paid to do, that's what they're ostensibly trained to do. Our tax dollars at work, let our tax dollars work.

But we've got a ton of folks that wish they were Paul Kersey - just without the dead wife and raped daughter - and are increasingly giddy at the opportunity to use a gun to kill someone else.

Because our gun laws are beyond broken. The correct response to someone trespassing on your property and posing literally zero threat is to call the cops and let them do their jobs. That's what they're paid to do, that's what they're ostensibly trained to do. Our tax dollars at work, let our tax dollars work.

But we've got a ton of folks that wish they were Paul Kersey - just without the dead wife and raped daughter - and are increasingly giddy at the opportunity to use a gun to kill someone else.
    The law is not about a gun. If he had come out with an axe or sword or voodoo doll and killed the guy, the justification within the law is the same. Don't push someone off their porch in Texas, or they can kill you. Neither of them seemed to fear the other, gun or no, neither of them stepped back to involve the police. Idiots butted heads, one died. The law in Texas sides with king o'the castle.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

The law is not about a gun. If he had come out with an axe or sword or voodoo doll and killed the guy, the justification within the law is the same. Don't push someone off their porch in Texas, or they can kill you.
    Which is still beyond batshit crazy and insane. Someone being on your porch, unwanted, is not a lethal threat and lethal force should not be a legal option to what is, at worst, a nuisance.

Neither of them seemed to fear the other, gun or no, neither of them stepped back to involve the police. Idiots butted heads, one died. The law in Texas sides with king o'the castle.
    And my critique is with the castle doctrine period, which is largely centered around the use of guns rather than axes or voodoo dolls. They're the kind of laws that make violent retards like this confidence enough that they're seemingly happy to pull out a gun and shoot someone posing no physical threat to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another week, another senseless school shooting.

Fucking. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Another week, another senseless school shooting.

Fucking. Sigh.
    I haven't looked at all their posts today, but I was surprised to not see the regular headline on The Onion on this topic. A feature so regular that it has its own Wikipedia entry - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%27No_...ularly_Happens

Quote Originally Posted by MuH sTaTe LiNeS View Post
    Looks like a justified shoot. Hopefully he isn't charged.
    It's literally 1st degree murder, if you leave, go get a gun, and come back to murder someone. Because you literally had time to cool off, before you got to shoot someone in the heat of the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, even if the authorities in Lubbock won't charge the killer, the victim's wife has just filed a wrongful death suit.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Well, even if the authorities in Lubbock won't charge the killer, the victim's wife has just filed a wrongful death suit.
    Before the video ends, Kyle Carruth can also be heard telling Jennifer Read, "None of you all should be here. I asked you to leave. I did everything ... I did not want to do any of this."
    In which nobody believes this guy who appears to just have had a raging erection for killing someone. Doing "everything" would have been going inside with your wife while her ex-husband is outside, trespassing but posing no threat, and waiting for the police to tell him to take a hike or enjoy some new bracelets.

Combo'd with his apparent lack of any reaction after killing an unarmed man and you have what appears to be a genuine sociopath.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Castle doctrine still requires a active threat to said persons life. If just means they have a right to use deadly for to protect their house and have no obligation to retreat.

Well seems I was wrong. Doesn't require a life threat but imo it requires more than what was shown here.

But its texas so we know how this will go.

I need to read more before commenting.

Started reading this.
    The castle doctrine is not a defined law that can be invoked, but a set of principles which may be incorporated in some form in many jurisdictions. Castle doctrines may not provide civil immunity, such as from wrongful death suits, which have a much lower burden of proof. Justifiable homicide[2] in self-defense which happens to occur inside one's home is distinct, as a matter of law, from castle doctrine because the mere occurrence of trespassing—and occasionally a subjective requirement of fear—is sufficient to invoke the castle doctrine. T

Then came across this

Conditions of use

Each jurisdiction incorporates the castle doctrine into its laws in different ways. The circumstance in which it may be invoked include the premises covered (abode only, or other places too), the degree of retreat or non-deadly resistance required before deadly force can be used, etc. Typical conditions that apply to some castle doctrine laws include:[citation needed]

• An intruder must be making (or have made) an attempt to unlawfully or forcibly enter an occupied residence, business, or vehicle.
    • The intruder must be acting unlawfully (the castle doctrine does not allow a right to use force against officers of the law, acting in the course of their legal duties).
    • The occupant(s) of the home must reasonably believe the intruder intends to inflict serious bodily harm or death upon an occupant of the home. Some states apply the Castle Doctrine if the occupant(s) of the home reasonably believe the intruder intends to commit a lesser felony such as arson or burglary.
    • The occupant(s) of the home must not have provoked or instigated an intrusion; or, provoked/instigated an intruder's threat or use of deadly force. In all cases, the occupant(s) of the home: must be there legally; must not be fugitives from the law themselves, or aiding/abetting other fugitives; and must not use force upon an officer of the law performing a legal duty.[20]
    In Colorado, the make-my-day statute provides the occupant with immunity from prosecution only for force used against a person who has made an unlawful entry into the dwelling, but not against a person who remains unlawfully in the dwelling.[21][22]
    I'll repeat. It's
    Texas so it's unlikely they will do anything.
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2021-11-30 at 11:41 PM.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    In which nobody believes this guy who appears to just have had a raging erection for killing someone. Doing "everything" would have been going inside with your wife while her ex-husband is outside, trespassing but posing no threat, and waiting for the police to tell him to take a hike or enjoy some new bracelets.

Combo'd with his apparent lack of any reaction after killing an unarmed man and you have what appears to be a genuine sociopath.
    I feel like it should be pointed out that that was not his wife. In fact, the killer is still currently married to a district court judge and has been having an affair with the victim's ex-wife. The killer's wife has attempted to distance herself even further from him, it appears.

EDIT:
    Correction: Apparently, the killer's divorce was finalized two weeks after the shooting, so he's no longer currently married to the judge, but was at the time of the killing.
    Last edited by PhaelixWW; 2021-11-30 at 11:45 PM.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

I feel like it should be pointed out that that was not his wife. In fact, the killer is still currently married to a district court judge and has been having an affair with the victim's ex-wife. The killer's wife has attempted to distance herself even further from him, it appears.

EDIT:
    Correction: Apparently, the killer's divorce was finalized two weeks after the shooting, so he's no longer currently married to the judge, but was at the time of the killing.
    Oh man, so this poor kid not only has a dead biological father murdered by his stepfather, but his stepfather is also a massive piece of shit that cheats during marriage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man, so this poor kid not only has a dead biological father murdered by his stepfather, but his stepfather is also a massive piece of shit that cheats during marriage.
    I mean, it's not like you can even call him a stepfather, because the mother was just his, what, girlfriend? Mistress? Side-piece?

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

I mean, it's not like you can even call him a stepfather, because the mother was just his, what, girlfriend? Mistress? Side-piece?
    Ah, I thought they'd had a shotgun marriage or something. Well, that's actually kinda better then. Because at least it's just, "Mom's piece of shit ex(hopefully)-boyfriend" and not "my piece of shit stepfather". I can't imagine the kid will be wanting to spend too much time in the home where his father was murdered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, I thought they'd had a shotgun marriage or something. Well, that's actually kinda better then. Because at least it's just, "Mom's piece of shit ex(hopefully)-boyfriend" and not "my piece of shit stepfather". I can't imagine the kid will be wanting to spend too much time in the home where his father was murdered.
    Nah, he and the judge were still married when the shooting occurred. Couldn't have legally gotten married again until that was settled.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils