Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    Proof that I haven't shot the real, or do you just like making assumptions? Proper ammo and a .223 will take a white tail.

Trunksee posted garbage. Unsafe garbage.
    If the best you got is me proving or not what you have or haven't shot, this conversation is more and more pointless. There are many states that say a .223 shouldn't be used, there are others that won't allow you to hunt a deer with a .223. I guess I'd rather hunt with a weapon that is designed for what it's used for. I guess I just have that thing that some lack, common sense and a respect for what I'm shooting at. You should try it.

I thought Trunksee was pretty on point with his comments, see above for explinations.

Deleted
    I'm all for it. Assault weapon means nothing though. Most people see a black gun or a hunting rifle with tac rail and collapsing stock and call it an assault rifle. I understand you want to save lives, but you must know that banning scary accessories won't do it.
    True, on a long term if you don't work on the issues that matters, you won't cut it.
    Still though, I think the whole culture behind guns IS an issue. People calling it human right the need to hunt for pleasure or range shooting... Well I think it needs to be addressed.
    Do what you want. But don't call it a human right, an act of freedom, a way of protecting your family against the corrupt government...
    It's a hobby.
    If the majority of people think your hobby is directly or undirectly damaging society, you got to take it on the chin like a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I have yet to hear a valid legitimate reason why people need semi-auto rifles with thirty plus round magazines.
    1) its convenient.
    2) I only have one arm lost in a car accident but i still like to shoot.

That's 2 valid legitimate reasons

Quote Originally Posted by tombstoner139 View Post
    1) its convenient.

Convenience isn't a legitimate reason. You can take a few seconds to reload.

It only becomes a problem in a combat situation because time spent reloading is time you are vulnerable.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    Funny how its illegal in most states to use it for deer hunting isntbit. I didnt say it cant i said its less effective. A true hunter wants a deer to always drop where it stands so you use the best weapon you can. You dont try and make it a challenge. My daufhter shoots this gun to practice shooting.
    Ill say it again, choose the right ammo and its not a challenge. And I'm talking behind the shoulder shots.

I've killed ground hog with a high powered pellet rifle. .410 bbs and .22 will kill small with a chest shot. They instantly fall over even from the pellet.
    Im not saying per say it does but it preserves more meat to headshot. There isnt much meat to begin with so i save all i can. Its why i also prefer my bow with a rage 2 blade head for deer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Yes, Obama is personally to blame for the expansion of the Patriot Act, the weakened effect of the stimulus, and taking away all the Christmas presents from the good girls and boys. Its always interesting how no one ever cares to talk about how the Republicans pledged before he even entered office to obstruct the legal system in every way possible in order to make him a one term president.
    well we're going sidetrack here, but since you want to talk about it. I'm not a republican, and i definitely don't agree with everything they do. i throw obama's name out there just as you would throw bush's name out there. it's an encompassing term. we could spell out every single person/thing needed to pass legislation, but it's ultimately signed into law by one person, hence why we use their name. did i really have to explain that to you? obama had full control his first two years, nothing republicans could do to stop him, just stall. that's when he expanded the patriot act. care to be an adult in this conversation?

Because laws really stop criminals and murderers. yup sure do. If they wanted to still get it they can, it will just slow down the processes a bit.
    "one never escapes from the compulsion and chance to be powerful" Peter Sloterdijk
    i5-4690k --- ASUS Z97-A --- 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600 --- EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3

Quote Originally Posted by Chasey View Post
    If the best you got is me proving or not what you have or haven't shot, this conversation is more and more pointless. There are many states that say a .223 shouldn't be used, there are others that won't allow you to hunt a deer with a .223. I guess I'd rather hunt with a weapon that is designed for what it's used for. I guess I just have that thing that some lack, common sense and a respect for what I'm shooting at. You should try it.

I thought Trunksee was pretty on point with his comments, see above for explinations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    To be honest its a kids gun. Kids are not as big as a deer its also why he had to shoot tthem so many times. If you pile something soft like human flesh up you will hit multiple kids with the same shot as it passes through one into another. The coroner did an aweful job with his statement, or he had an agenda because the.ar15 is a very weak gun.
    You are agreeing with that?

---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 04:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    True, on a long term if you don't work on the issues that matters, you won't cut it.
    Still though, I think the whole culture behind guns IS an issue. People calling it human right the need to hunt for pleasure or range shooting... Well I think it needs to be addressed.
    Do what you want. But don't call it a human right, an act of freedom, a way of protecting your family against the corrupt government...
    It's a hobby.
    If the majority of people think your hobby is directly or undirectly damaging society, you got to take it on the chin like a man.
    I counter that with saying it is not the gun culture but the video game "gun" culture. These massacres are being committed by gamers using a gun popular in fps (ar-15) and not people big into guns. In fact the latest shooter didn't even own guns, he was not involved in gun culture at all.

Quote Originally Posted by flareside View Post
    Because laws really stop criminals and murderers. yup sure do. If they wanted to still get it they can, it will just slow down the processes a bit.
    Yep cuz allowing just about any semi-auto and clip size for the last 8 years almost w/o regulation in a country with as many WEAPONS as people have really curtailed the death of people in this country. SO we should just continue to not do anything, its worked SO WELL....

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a hobby.
    In our country, it is an extension of our right to defend our property (which includes our bodies). Your opinion doesnt change anything. The second amendment is not about hunting. Freedom has a price and we accept that.

Yes, we have a gun culture problem, but it is not because of the second amendment or a respect for firearms like so many of us gun owners have. I've lived in the inner city and they couldnt care less about the second amendment.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    That second video shows part of the one others have put ITT, yet people still insist in blaming "assault weapons".
    Sorry I didn't mean to double post it.

You've got some attitude.
    I still don't know how you manage to carve so much out of someone else's "garbage".
    Oh by the way nice way of addressing people.

Your ignorance about human history is appalling and it's clear you don't know how to have a proper conversation.
    You keep fantasising, this ain't a video game man, go read some history books.
    lol, don't be such a hypocrite. point out the ignorance please. point out the fantasy.
    You sit there with blinders on all snug thinking you are and will always be taken care of by others. i actually feel bad for you.

FOr the most part ya! But seeing as neither one of us and most states don't agree with you, you must be the right one.

It really doesn't matter if the gun culture or gamer culture is doing the killing, fact is people are dying. So again, the weapon he used was so simple to use, he wasn't a full functioning human and still got a body count of 26 and that is ok with some?
    Any talk of adjustments or regulations sends the gun loons crying and well, we have almost 100 pages of bitching about this issue.

Yep cuz allowing just about any semi-auto and clip size for the last 8 years almost w/o regulation in a country with as many WEAPONS as people have really curtailed the death of people in this country. SO we should just continue to not do anything, its worked SO WELL....
    Oh i guess i should of said that i agree with this ban, my statement still applies though. (you can look for my name in the yes i support this.)
    "one never escapes from the compulsion and chance to be powerful" Peter Sloterdijk
    i5-4690k --- ASUS Z97-A --- 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600 --- EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3

10+ Year Old Account
    Crime has been falling over the past 10 years and people have gotten more guns.
    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/0...can-t-be-right
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tombstoner139 View Post
    1) its convenient.

That are HEAVILY outweighted by their cons. Aka, if someone wakes up with the need of killing 30 kids, you just made his task easier.
    Or, if your gun gets stolen, you just released a weapon of massive damaging potentials on the black market thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Crime has been falling over the past 10 years and people have gotten more guns.
    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/0...can-t-be-right
    The death toll from guns hasn't! Do you realize what BOTH side would be doing if 11000 people died a year from any other cause? 1 GUY put a bomb in his shoes, for the last 8+ years, everyone who boards a plan must remove their shoes! Can you imagine if 20 1st graders died from terrorism?

FOr the most part ya! But seeing as neither one of us and most states don't agree with you, you must be the right one.

It really doesn't matter if the gun culture or gamer culture is doing the killing, fact is people are dying. So again, the weapon he used was so simple to use, he wasn't a full functioning human and still got a body count of 26 and that is ok with some?
    Any talk of adjustments or regulations sends the gun loons crying and well, we have almost 100 pages of bitching about this issue.
    What is being suggested by anti-gun people won't do anything. Its not effective. Smaller clips and scary accessories being banned will not save one life. He could have killed all the people he did with 10 round clips duct taped in pairs, 4 seconds to flip the clip and keep firing. He could have done it with a shotgun.

I'm all for effective changes, but none of the above will change a thing.

Deleted

---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 04:41 PM ----------

I counter that with saying it is not the gun culture but the video game "gun" culture. These massacres are being committed by gamers using a gun popular in fps (ar-15) and not people big into guns. In fact the latest shooter didn't even own guns, he was not involved in gun culture at all.
    I'm sure video game gun culture is a deviation of gun culture in general.
    Aka, joe likes guns, market researches find out joe is a possible buyer of product X. Here you have video game gun culture.