Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BLCalliente View Post
    Of course there is.

It's because the gun lobby is ridiculous and doesn't mind calling the exact same thing by two different names and making one of them illegal and one "for entertainment purposes".
    They're not the same thing. And remember, the ATF approved slidefire stocks (as long as they don't use springs to push the gun back forward). A good lot of firearm legislations in the US don't make sense and shouldn't exist, like import restrictions. The same model of gun could be illegal to import but be legal to own and manufacture in the US, it's stupid. Barrel length restrictions, same thing. And I think those stupid legislations are part of the reason why the pro-guns don't want to give even an inch to the anti-guns.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's because the gun lobby is ridiculous and doesn't mind calling the exact same thing by two different names and making one of them illegal and one "for entertainment purposes".
    They are not the same thing. Statements of intentional ignorance undermine credibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Of course there is.

And in one sentence you have managed to show your complete ignorance of the subject. Please do us all a favour and post when you have a clue.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

http://arfakit.com/

Sells full " unfinished " auto kits for AR-15 under $100. Then gives you detailed information how to finish the components.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nhv4hMGdQ_g

Video of said kit, which he explained used a pair of pliers to finish the kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Åmbulance View Post
    http://arfakit.com/

Sells full " unfinished " auto kits for AR-15 under $100. Then gives you detailed information how to finish the components.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nhv4hMGdQ_g

Video of said kit, which he explained used a pair of pliers to finish the kit.
    Didn't see pictures, sounds like a lightning link. I don't know whether ATFE has reviewed his kits to determine legality or not. Certainly if you buy one and install it, you've broken the law. Heck, even if you buy one and don't do the "finale bend", if you have an AR15 it's probably still constructive possession.

Either way, "hasn't been caught yet" does not mean "is legal".

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Didn't see pictures, sounds like a lightning link. I don't know whether ATFE has reviewed his kits to determine legality or not. Certainly if you buy one and install it, you've broken the law. Heck, even if you buy one and don't do the "finale bend", if you have an AR15 it's probably still constructive possession.

Either way, "hasn't been caught yet" does not mean "is legal".
    I'm sure it's highly illegal, prolly more to why the sell " unfinished " products. But after reading some of the gun forums, that lead me to that site, seems they it doesn't indeed work. As well of the posted video.

Completed Bolt Carrier Group Counter Weight and detailed instructions for installing the completed part.
    Mostly completed material necessary to make a Trigger Control Group Travel Reducer and detailed instructions for making the last and final bend to make the completed part. The instructions include a diagram and layout that can be used to determine when the part has been formed correctly. (Because the part is not completed until you make the final bend in the metal, using a pair of pliers, the kit, as-sold, is legal to own.) To make the completed part, you will need a pair of pliers. 8" Lineman Pliers work well.
    Detailed installation instructions for both completed parts.

How they get around the legality:

We can legally sell and you can legally purchase and own this kit because the kit does not contain completed parts, but only provides the materials necessary to make the completed parts, meaning they cannot be used to convert an AR-15 to full-auto as-sold, but must be completed by you by bending the provided materials into the correct shape, prior to them being useable. This is no different than if we were to provide you a block of steel that has been milled to the correct outer shape of a Lower Receiver and instructions on how to finish milling the inside of the block to form a useable Lower Receiver.
    Last edited by Åmbulance; 2013-10-21 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Åmbulance View Post
    I'm sure it's highly illegal, prolly more to why the sell " unfinished " products. But after reading some of the gun forums, that lead me to that site, seems they it doesn't indeed work. As well of the posted video.

Completed Bolt Carrier Group Counter Weight and detailed instructions for installing the completed part.
    Mostly completed material necessary to make a Trigger Control Group Travel Reducer and detailed instructions for making the last and final bend to make the completed part. The instructions include a diagram and layout that can be used to determine when the part has been formed correctly. (Because the part is not completed until you make the final bend in the metal, using a pair of pliers, the kit, as-sold, is legal to own.) To make the completed part, you will need a pair of pliers. 8" Lineman Pliers work well.
    Detailed installation instructions for both completed parts.

How they get around the legality:

We can legally sell and you can legally purchase and own this kit because the kit does not contain completed parts, but only provides the materials necessary to make the completed parts, meaning they cannot be used to convert an AR-15 to full-auto as-sold, but must be completed by you by bending the provided materials into the correct shape, prior to them being useable. This is no different than if we were to provide you a block of steel that has been milled to the correct outer shape of a Lower Receiver and instructions on how to finish milling the inside of the block to form a useable Lower Receiver.
    possession of and making the parts is not illegal... installing them alters the status of the fire arm from legal to illegal.
    kinda like some common house hold items can make explosives. They aren't banned or tracked in small quantities. its when you combine them in the correct proportions legality becomes an issue. another example is fire works, pressure cooker, nails. individually not an issue. together is another story.
    so full auto kits not an issue. using them is.

Quote Originally Posted by tombstoner139 View Post
    possession of and making the parts is not illegal... installing them alters the status of the fire arm from legal to illegal.
    kinda like some common house hold items can make explosives. They aren't banned or tracked in small quantities. its when you combine them in the correct proportions legality becomes an issue. another example is fire works, pressure cooker, nails. individually not an issue. together is another story.
    so full auto kits not an issue. using them is.
    Technically, the law covers "conversion kits" also.
    "(b) Machinegun. The term 'machinegun'
    means any weapon which shoots, is
    designed to shoot, or can be readily restored
    to shoot, automatically more than
    one shot, without manual reloading, by a
    single function of the trigger. The term
    shall also include the frame or receiver of
    any such weapon, any part designed and
    intended solely and exclusively, or combination
    of parts designed and intended,

for use in converting a weapon into a
    machinegun, and any combination of
    parts from which a machinegun can be
    assembled if such parts are in the possession
    or under the control of a person."

So yeah, a lightning link is a machine gun. A DIAS is a machine gun.

Now, if this part isn't "finished", they may get off with saying it's not a real part. More likely ATF just hasn't decided to harass them yet, or try to build a case.

In addition, if you have this part, uninstalled and "not manufactured" (finished by bending) and also have an AR15, if you attract ATF's attention they could build a case for constructive possession.

In any case, once the part is "finished", it's a machine gun as defined by the law and it's jail time.

You can have your bumpfire stocks all you want.
    Not very accurate and a waste of ammunition.
    Ill take a semi auto, no bumpstock thx.

There's that whole "guns don't kill people, people kill people" thing but aye.
    It could take one little argument to get someone mad and who knows what some people are going to do if they are mad and have a gun on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    You can have your bumpfire stocks all you want.
    Not very accurate and a waste of ammunition.
    Ill take a semi auto, no bumpstock thx.
    This. 100% this.

Anyone who would want to use a bumpfire stock for defense or hunting has never actually used a weapon.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Why are people so afraid of guns?

Yes, they're lethal. We know this. But so are knives, rocks, plastic bags, pillows and, in some movies... psycho rabbits (unless you have a holy hand grenade). Honestly though, what is the issue here? It's a projectile the same as an arrow just at a... slightly (okay, more than slightly) higher speed and/or rate of fire. People act as if the gun itself is the root of all evil... it's an inanimate object.

I think it basically comes down to the fact that people are so willing to trade away any sense of freedom in the name of a false security. I will never understand why people continue to put so much faith in Government when it never has and never will be able to protect you. We should be teaching people how to protect themselves while advocating responsible ownership of firearms.

I never want to be in a situation where I'm unable to defend myself or my family because Government (or society for that matter) dictates that I ring the police and wait 15-45 minutes for a response. It's irresponsible, juvenile and at the end of the day, stupidity. And yet I'm the paranoid guy when half of society is walking around afraid of their own shadow?

10+ Year Old Account
    of course guns cant harm you unless used by man.
    they may try to make guns illegal but criminals dont follow laws.
    not sure if it is true but i saw a story where an older lady was pulled over and the cops found 3 guns on her.....all legal. the cops asked what she was affraid of, she replied....'nothing'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because when they go bang and hit you... Well they kind of hurt so the legend goes.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Because when they go bang and hit you... Well they kind of hurt so the legend goes.
    And when a rock hits someone on the head, it kinda hurts. Should we ban rocks now too?

10+ Year Old Account
    This topic again. Guns don't scare me because in the UK we're not obsessed with killing people so we don't see guns unless we actively seek out sporting/shooting events. I respect guns whenever I am in their vicinity, the same can't be said of most Americans who brazenly wander around with them or outright brag about owning 15 of them. It's a pathetic obsession.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think you should be afraid of guns. I work with them daily in my career path and I think when you get comfortable with anything it life it can bite you in the ass for the worse.

~Spazzer

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heineken View Post
    And when a rock hits someone on the head, it kinda hurts. Should we ban rocks now too?
    I'd take someone throwing a rock at my head over a bullet to the head any day of the week and twice on sundays

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    This topic again. Guns don't scare me because in the UK we're not obsessed with killing people so we don't see guns unless we actively seek out sporting/shooting events. I respect guns whenever I am in their vicinity, the same can't be said of most Americans who brazenly wander around with them or outright brag about owning 15 of them. It's a pathetic obsession.
    The UK has some of the highest crime rate in the world... what are you even on about? You took guns away and now everyone runs around stabbing or beating the piss out of each other. It's no different, you just don't have AS MANY guns around. What is it with this British holier than thou attitude? "well here in the uk we're better than you because bla bla bla" ...dude just stop.

A healthy fear of guns and knives is a good thing.

Just because you use them everyday doesn't make them any less dangerous.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"