Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    http://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafet...factsheet.html

Every day, almost 30 people in the United States die in motor vehicle crashes that involve an alcohol-impaired driver. This amounts to one death every 48 minutes. The annual cost of alcohol-related crashes totals more than $51 billion

EVERY DAMN DAY, 30 people. Tell me Sir, 26 died last week to a gunman, since that time ~150 have died to drunk drivers... Why?

400 more will die before New Years, Why?
    Because the press is selling the fear of some nutjob running into a school and opening fire. Because people, on the whole, are very fucking stupid and take what the press says at face value and don't analyze it to see how they've spun it, to see what their angle, their agenda is. No offense to present company, of course.

And, clearly, it works. This bill that's being proposed is being pushed forward solely because the politicians see a chance to capitalize on the tragedy, to make their constituents believe that they honestly give a shit. Hell, maybe some of em do. Most of em don't, not really.

Why didn't the politicians propose a ban on hunting crossbows when that nutjob out in Oregon murdered some people with one? Why don't they crusade about drunk drivers and attack the alcohol companies when some shitbag gets shitfaced and kills six people when he T-bones some little family car with his oversized, compensatory monster SUV?

Oh, right. Because it's really easy to get people pissed and righteously indignant when children are threatened, so this is the perfect opportunity to metaphorically build a soapbox on their corpses to push an agenda that's only tangentially related.

That about size it up?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Dont you fucking straw man me... I HAVE PTSD... my mother is fucking alive because after her rape her sons convinced her to get a concealed carry permit, and guess what... the next asshat that tried to rape my 4ft 11in, 73 year old mother got a rude awakening.

Your holier than thou attitude is MORE than a little excessive... bring your guns are bad bullshit argument to those that have never been a crime victim.

Sir, you have your rights to free speech, free assembly and all the other rights you enjoy and willfully SPIT ON because of people LIKE me that had the fucking balls to stand up and say 'I'll go, I'll defend the rights of others'. Telling me that I think about myself is to admit you know not a damn thing about me or my life or anything else. So, until which time you chose to stop insulting me for my position and fucking apologize then I refuse to acknowledge your existence.
    Oh my.
    Hope you don't carry a gun with this attitude.

With a couple of family members borderlining mental issues that had their life ruined by institutions I am deeply concerned and insulted by your proposal.
    No one wants to take your home gun away.
    But you want to lock anyone that has any kind of mental disorder or check on them or severely limit THEIR freedom cause you MUST have the freedom and the RIGHT to a hobby?

Right of living a close to normal life
    Vs
    Right to an hobby

Mmmmmh.

15+ Year Old Account

Every day, almost 30 people in the United States die in motor vehicle crashes that involve an alcohol-impaired driver. This amounts to one death every 48 minutes. The annual cost of alcohol-related crashes totals more than $51 billion

EVERY DAMN DAY, 30 people. Tell me Sir, 26 died last week to a gunman, since that time ~150 have died to drunk drivers... Why?
    tell me sir, did the 150 people have died because the drivers intended to kill them? that´s the difference, you don´t buy a car to harm people, it´s not its primal purpose to run people over

if you´re drunk accidents happen, but we have the technologie to prevent this, with breathalyzers... do they work on guns as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted

400 more will die before New Years, Why?

Explain this to me please... why are the lives of the victims of drunk drivers less valuable to you?

---------- Post added 2012-12-20 at 06:48 AM ----------

Actually, vandam, the quote is from Benjamin Franklin and goes 'Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.' And its as relevant now as it was 225+ years ago when it was said.
    Who said they are less valuable to me?
    Laws about drink driving are getting strict all around the world. Something is being done about it.

I think the wording is of the essence here.

"ESSENTIAL LIBERTY"

Is shooting with an assault gun in a shooting range?

If your freedom starts to damage someone else's we have an issue that needs to be solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    tell me sir, did the 150 people have died because the drivers intended to kill them? that´s the difference, you don´t buy a car to harm people, it´s not its primal purpose to run people over

if you´re drunk accidents happen, but we have the technologie to prevent this, with breathalyzers... do they work on guns as well?
    Drinking is a choice that was made, driving was a choice that was made, drunk driving was a choice the driver made, So yes, in fact, killing that person was a result of that choice, I dont see committing a criminal act that you knowingly could result in someone's death as an 'accident'

---------- Post added 2012-12-20 at 07:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Oh my.
    Hope you don't carry a gun with this attitude.

With a couple of family members borderlining mental issues that had their life ruined by institutions I am deeply concerned and insulted by your proposal.
    No one wants to take your home gun away.
    But you want to lock anyone that has any kind of mental disorder or check on them or severely limit THEIR freedom cause you MUST have the freedom and the RIGHT to a hobby?

Right of living a close to normal life
    Vs
    Right to an hobby

Mmmmmh.
    actually, Sir, there are 2 dozen locked in my safe, and in fact, not a single one has been used to harm anyone, ever.

---------- Post added 2012-12-20 at 07:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Because the press is selling the fear of some nutjob running into a school and opening fire. Because people, on the whole, are very fucking stupid and take what the press says at face value and don't analyze it to see how they've spun it, to see what their angle, their agenda is. No offense to present company, of course.

And, clearly, it works. This bill that's being proposed is being pushed forward solely because the politicians see a chance to capitalize on the tragedy, to make their constituents believe that they honestly give a shit. Hell, maybe some of em do. Most of em don't, not really.

Why didn't the politicians propose a ban on hunting crossbows when that nutjob out in Oregon murdered some people with one? Why don't they crusade about drunk drivers and attack the alcohol companies when some shitbag gets shitfaced and kills six people when he T-bones some little family car with his oversized, compensatory monster SUV?

Oh, right. Because it's really easy to get people pissed and righteously indignant when children are threatened, so this is the perfect opportunity to metaphorically build a soapbox on their corpses to push an agenda that's only tangentially related.

That about size it up?
    Pretty much Pizza, fear sells, fear makes people do stupid anise bullshit like give up their rights. You cant make a fearful story out of drunk drivers, you can however, make one out of 'Nutjob that should have been institutionalized takes big scary gun and shoots up an undefended school'

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Dont you fucking straw man me... I HAVE PTSD... my mother is fucking alive because after her rape her sons convinced her to get a concealed carry permit, and guess what... the next asshat that tried to rape my 4ft 11in, 73 year old mother got a rude awakening.

Your holier than thou attitude is MORE than a little excessive... bring your guns are bad bullshit argument to those that have never been a crime victim.

Sir, you have your rights to free speech, free assembly and all the other rights you enjoy and willfully SPIT ON because of people LIKE me that had the fucking balls to stand up and say 'I'll go, I'll defend the rights of others'. Telling me that I think about myself is to admit you know not a damn thing about me or my life or anything else. So, until which time you chose to stop insulting me for my position and fucking apologize then I refuse to acknowledge your existence.
    You have PTSD? So then you shouldn't be allowed to have a gun as you have a mental disability.

No offence to your mother, but in what world do you live in where an elderly woman is habitually raped? I'm sorry to hear it has happened, it sounds far fetched but I'll believe you just in case.

The anger you show however, may be in line with someone who would shoot another over a discussion. You really should relax and think before you post.

---------- Post added 2012-12-20 at 08:10 AM ----------

I'd like to post a notice that Drinking and Driving deaths have steadily been declining thanks to laws, and law enforcement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    You have PTSD? So then you shouldn't be allowed to have a gun as you have a mental disability.

No offence to your mother, but in what world do you live in where an elderly woman is habitually raped? I'm sorry to hear it has happened, it sounds far fetched but I'll believe you just in case.

The anger you show however, may be in line with someone who would shoot another over a discussion. You really should relax and think before you post.
    1. My PTSD isnt' a disability, its a simple fact of life that has been with me since I was a teenager. Here, have a read
    2. in 1987 a co-worker of her's made an advance at her, she told him she wasn't interested, that wasnt' good enough, he assaulted her and raped her... he did 5 years. In 1999, Mother was in her car, at a stoplight, the assailant grabed her door and produced a knife and tried to carjack her... she drew her gun, he dropped his knife and fled, the prints on the knife were enough to find him and tie him to 20 unsolved rapes in her town over a span of 15 years.
    3. I'm not angry at all, in fact I'm quite calm, ALL the time. I've never shot anyone in anger, nor, will I. I know the power of my guns, and I respect them and their abilities. As you see, I'm now old compared to most of the MMO folks that we know. in fact, several folks from my MMO are young enough to be my grandson.
    4. My time in the service of our country has taught me that all our rights are sacred, and I will defend them. vehemently and without hesitation.

Now, you know plenty. Perhaps now you can understand MY position on our rights and how important they are to ME, how important that YOUR rights be safeguarded, how important to ME that your mother's rights be safeguarded... Do you finally get it?
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2012-12-20 at 01:14 PM.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

1. My PTSD isnt' a disability, its a simple fact of life that has been with me since I was a teenager. Here, have a read
    2. in 1987 a co-worker of her's made an advance at her, she told him she wasn't interested, that wasnt' good enough, he assaulted her and raped her... he did 5 years. In 1999, Mother was in her car, at a stoplight, the assailant grabed her door and produced a knife and tried to carjack her... she drew her gun, he dropped his knife and fled, the prints on the knife were enough to find him and tie him to 20 unsolved rapes in her town over a span of 15 years.
    3. I'm not angry at all, in fact I'm quite calm, ALL the time. I've never shot anyone in anger, nor, will I. I know the power of my guns, and I respect them and their abilities. As you see, I'm now old compared to most of the MMO folks that we know. in fact, several folks from my MMO are young enough to be my grandson.
    4. My time in the service of our country has taught me that all our rights are sacred, and I will defend them. vehemently and without hesitation.

Now, you know plenty. Perhaps now you can understand MY position on our rights and how important they are to ME, how important that YOUR rights be safeguarded, how important to ME that your mother's rights be safeguarded... Do you finally get it?
    PTSD is a disability.

How did having a gun save your mother from simply exiting the car and reporting it stole which could have lead tot he same thing? What happened if she fired her gun and hit an innocent simply because she was protecting her car?

You 100% absolutely are angry, look at your language.

You have PTSD and 2 dozen guns in a safe... someone should be watching you 24/7 as you could likely snap at any moment.

15+ Year Old Account

no offense but, which of these points explain your position on rights and how important they are to you and why?
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    PTSD is a disability.

How did having a gun save your mother from simply exiting the car and reporting it stole which could have lead tot he same thing? What happened if she fired her gun and hit an innocent simply because she was protecting her car?

You 100% absolutely are angry, look at your language.

You have PTSD and 2 dozen guns in a safe... someone should be watching you 24/7 as you could likely snap at any moment.
    if I haven't 'snapped' in 30+ years, its unlikely that I EVER will 'snap', next, you clearly didn't read and comprehend so I'm just going to walk away and leave you to your own thoughts, I wont be responding to you again. I wish you well.

if I haven't 'snapped' in 30+ years, its unlikely that I EVER will 'snap', next, you clearly didn't read and comprehend so I'm just going to walk away and leave you to your own thoughts, I wont be responding to you again. I wish you well.
    Have a good one mate.

10+ Year Old Account
    no offense but, which of these points explain your position on rights and how important they are to you and why?
    my point good sir, is that the solutions that some of you have offered would have left my mother a defenseless victim again. I'm sorry, if your solution leaves little old ladies defenseless, then its not a 'solution', its nothing more than a political stunt created by fear.

my point good sir, is that the solutions that some of you have offered would have left my mother a defenseless victim again. I'm sorry, if your solution leaves little old ladies defenseless, then its not a 'solution', its nothing more than a political stunt created by fear.
    All she had to do was A) Drive off or B) Get out of the car. No gun necessary

10+ Year Old Account
    All she had to do was A) Drive off or B) Get out of the car. No gun necessary
    Says she was at a stoplight. If it was a busy intersection, driving off could have gotten her killed. Though, if it were a busy intersection that would mean that there would have been witnesses. Anyways, driving off into the middle of an intersection when at a red light is always going to be a dangerous risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Says she was at a stoplight. If it was a busy intersection, driving off could have gotten her killed. Though, if it were a busy intersection that would mean that there would have been witnesses. Anyways, driving off into the middle of an intersection when at a red light is always going to be a dangerous risk.
    Hence the other suggestion of simply getting out of the car.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hence the other suggestion of simply getting out of the car.
    locking the doors isn´t an option? how did the guy get into the car?

locking the doors isn´t an option? how did the guy get into the car?
    We're getting entirely off topic here, however for sake of clarity in '99 automatic door locks weren't very common, not to mention electronic locks as well. Some people didn't have new cars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    What right to bear arms? The only right assured in the second amendment is that the federal government will not prevent the states from raising, training, and arming a militia should it be necessary.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, shall not be infringed.

The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

But whatever. Some people will ignore what's right in front of their face.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am attacking your position and argument as being silly and pointless. I'm not making personal attacks. You should read more carefully, because there's a difference.
    And yet you have yet to point out a good reason why it's silly and pointless. The bill is a good one and has plenty of supporting evidence as to why it would help prevent incidents like Sandy Hook in the future. When presented with well supported arguments, you and many others in this thread have only provided rebuttals of it being stupid without ever giving a good reason why. You resort to name calling when backed against a wall to support your position, which in a debate is the same as admitting you don't really have any good legs to stand on.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

See, this is one of the biggest forms of proof that you do not understand what I'm speaking of. I don't want to take your right to bear arms away form you, I want you to bear arms that are suitable for Hunting. Hunting Rifles/Shotguns are more than you need. You do not need Handguns or Automatic weapons and in my opinion you do not even need semi-auto weapons.

This is the biggest issue with the Pro Gun group, you automatically assume anyone against the second amendment is purely against guns as a whole, that isn't true and we aren't trying to take anything away from you, just portions of it. Just like some speech is not part fo your freedom of speech like hates peech.
    The second amendment wasn't put there to give people permission to hunt. If the purpose of the second amendment is void at this point in our lives(quite frankly how would you ever know), then amend the second amendment. Since that won't actually happen, this entire discussion is futile.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin