Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by Riidii View Post
    So in the case of a civil war or genocide situation, we should take take it up the ass?

Don't act like these things have never occurred. They are going on right the fuck now.
    In case of the civil war you would be taking it up to the ass anyhow and any real resolution would be down to what and whom the army supports and what not.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    So you call me names lol dude chill out its only children
    If it fits, I mean I have more respect for the people in here calling for an outright ban on guns compared to some kid that acts as if the government is in some conspiracy to not care because the damage hasn't hit home to them. To which I name a perfect example and you point out a, "Nah man, the sun wasn't rising 34 degrees to the west while the temperature was 77 point 8 degrees...so it doesn't count."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    uhhhhhh wtf? they do realize that any full-auto weapon is against the law to own AND any magazine that holds over 30 rounds is too right? how can you ban something that is already against the law to own?
    When they say "assault weapons" what they actually mean is "guns that look scary". Just like the last time we had a ban on assault weapons that didn't do a damn thing. It's a way for politicians to look like they're doing something, while actually completely avoiding any aspect of the real problem.

So in the case of a civil war or genocide situation, we should take take it up the ass?

Don't act like these things have never occurred. They are going on right the fuck now.
    Your understanding of history seriously lacks context if you think the current US is in any danger of civil war or genocide...

There will never be a civil war in the US like the last one. The only kind that would make any sense (and it would still be an unrealistic stretch) would be a war against our own government which, as someone has already said, would involve us taking it up the ass anyway. We spend more on our military than the entire rest of the world COMBINED, and you think your Glock18 is going to measure up? There might be something to be said about insurgency tactics, but as you can see by looking at our time in the Middle East a nuisance =/= overthrowing an invading army (when that army is the UNITED STATES MILITARY). Getting back to reality, with or without your guns you're no safer from either of your two fantasy scenarios.
    Last edited by Adamas102; 2012-12-16 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    In case of the civil war you would be taking it up to the ass anyhow and any real resolution would be down to what and whom the army supports and what not.
    So you support the citizens of a free nation being defenseless?

Deleted
    Good! Finally some politicians with a brain! It should be used retroactively too though, and ask the people with these automatic guns to give them to the gouvernment in return for payment. This way the army gets a bunch of guns, and the people get their money back. The military budges is already high anyway, at least this way they can use it for something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuttleXpC View Post
    If it fits, I mean I have more respect for the people in here calling for an outright ban on guns compared to some kid that acts as if the government is in some conspiracy to not care because the damage hasn't hit home to them. To which I name a perfect example and you point out a, "Nah man, the sun wasn't rising 34 degrees to the west while the temperature was 77 point 8 degrees...so it doesn't count."
    Why are you so hostile jeepers creepers, are you over excited on Soda or something, just take a step back and look at yourself.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by Roveredo View Post
    Its me or are americans somewhat paranoid?

All this "Tyranny" crap, fighting their own government and shit.

Really, what the fuck is wrong with you? Your fucking small firearms wont do shit against the gov's forces, so stop beating on this dead horse.
    Thee hundred million with small firearms >>> a few hundred thousand with military equipment. The United States is practically impossible to invade thanks to our gun laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Your understanding of history seriously lacks context if you think the current US is in any danger of civil war or genocide...
    No, not now.

But you never know what the future holds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    Do you support this move.
    Doesn't matter whether I support it or not. Its been tried before and gone nowhere and I see no reason to expect anything to change now. Whether justified or not, the gun lobby is simply to strong for this to get anywhere.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Why are you so hostile jeepers creepers, are you over excited on Soda or something, just take a step back and look at yourself.
    Nothing in that reply was hostile. Just stating how ridiculous your reply was trying to defend your completely incorrect statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuttleXpC View Post
    Nothing in that reply was hostile. Just stating how ridiculous your reply was trying to defend your completely incorrect statement.
    Im sorry but your previous statements calling me dense and a idiot is hostile too me, its been noted and reported, your angry its ok i understand that your a kid with a sugar rush and a attitude too boot, its like your personally affected by this drama but your not, your on a bandwagon its ok.

Take 5min break and compose yourself.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

So you support the citizens of a free nation being defenseless?
    No, I support common sense, that is always void in discussions like these and looking at examples of how things really work out instead of fearmongering and conspiracy-preparations.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

No, I support common sense, that is always void in discussions like these and looking at examples of how things really work out instead of fearmongering and conspiracy-preparations.
    So what is your "common sense" solution to not having armed citizens?

So what is your "common sense" solution to not having armed citizens?
    I don't see the necessity in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    No, he used a Bushmaster .223 rifle (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20749167). Being fairly clueless with guns I have no idea if this proposed ban would have affected it, but I certainly do not think a semi-automatic weapon should be easily purchasable.
    I would recommend learning more about them, going to a range and learning proper weapon safety and etiquette in order to facilitate a better understanding. If you wish to argue about a particular subject without adequate knowledge and experience then you do so from a position of ignorance (no offense intended).

Im sorry but your previous statements calling me dense and a idiot is hostile too me, its been noted and reported, your angry its ok i understand that your a kid with a sugar rush and a attitude too boot, its like your personally affected by this drama but your not, your on a bandwagon its ok.

Take 5min break and compose yourself.
    Goodness, I better stop replying this just got serious.

I don't see the necessity in the first place.
    So you do support what I said previously.

I'm buying you history book for Christmas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you even need assault weapons in a urban setting.

So you do support what I said previously.

I'm buying you history book for Christmas.

Do you think the police should arrest people because they might do a crime in the future?