Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Yeah! The solution to insanely high homicide rates and almost 1 mass shooting a week is of course:

MORE GUNS! Guns for everyone!
    What does this histrionic style of argument accomplish for you? Just the lulz?

- - - Updated - - -

You seem mature.
    You've been ranting like a toddler for a whole page...?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So.....

My original point stands. Dumbass Americans who literally can't grasp logic.

Australia has 10 mass shootings in 10 years. Then has worst mass shooting in history. John Howard bans guns outright. Many politicians who supported him commit political suicide - but they know its for the best.

Australia has no more mass shootings.

"HURRR WE NEED GUNS TO RISE UP AGAINST CORRUPT GOVERNMENT"

Yeah have fun bringing a handgun to a drone fight. What do they make them tanks out of these days?
    Other than bashing Americans, your point also fails to mention Australia has no Second Amendment to it's Constitution. Even your recent visit by your Prime Minster to the US, when ask basically the same point, said Australia and the US are different. With the biggest difference being the Second Amendment. What works there, would have to be addressed differently here in the US.

You did not have 300+ million guns ether or even 10% of our population. It is fallacy to compare the two when it comes to gun policies. So you ether disagree with your own Prime Minsters' stance or just want to bash the US. I am guessing the latter with your tone. :P

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSanchez View Post
    I agree its a tiny tiny fraction of people that are ruining it for others.

But I mean the problem is pretty simple staring you in the face.

There is a massive mental illness issue that is always ignored because its too expensive/impossible to fix.

Guns are a part of American culture.

Media hypes these shooters up like celebrities and brands their kill numbers around like goal posts to hit.

It cant be a coincidence the frequency these are happening are increasing and they keep using the same rifle. Its like copy cat killers on steroids.

Lets try take away the guns off the market (impossible but lets try) and go from there first. So when little billy has a bad day he cant just load up his dads AR-15 with hundreds of rounds of ammo.

- - - Updated - - -

No I get it. I just live in the real world where Im aware that even having a gun to defend yourself can put you in tricky legal situations. Its better to chase someone off with a bat then kill them in cold blood. Ive seen cases where people end up going to jail simply because they shot a home invader in the back.

Is a bat gonna be more effective than a gun? No. But you're not gonna go to jail for it or risk shooting yourself/a family member either
    Nope you will just be dead because bad guys don't give two shits about your laws or your bat. They will just shoot you.

"HURRR WE NEED GUNS TO RISE UP AGAINST CORRUPT GOVERNMENT"

Yeah have fun bringing a handgun to a drone fight. What do they make them tanks out of these days?
    Something worth explaining is the idea of an armed populace. Let's say in 50 years, the United States is not the United States we know now. Things have gone drastically wrong, and there's a very real possibility of the government deciding to "enforce" compliance, just bear with me on this fantastical scenario.

Now, imagine the 2nd Amendment has stood, and now, if the government wants to enforce any tyrannical measures, they are going to have to quite literally wage war against their own people. If not ballistic warfare, which would draw international condemnation by itself, the mass shooting of our own citizens, then some kind of drone strikes or missiles. How do you think that's going to go, even if the government has the military firepower to overwhelm? It would basically be an all out civil war, with the government launching missiles against it's own citizens. It would be bloody, messy, and draw widespread international condemnation. It would be the downfall of the United States. Not exactly the outcome a tyrannical government is looking for.

If, however, the 2nd Amendment does not stand, the government simply decrees how things are going to go, how things are going to be, and if you protest, you simply have a gun pointed at you and are then thrown in jail. Nice and clean, very simple. Most will comply.

So it's not as simple as deciding that rifles and handguns cannot match the firepower of the US military, and therefore the 2nd Amendment has no value.
    Last edited by Dacien; 2018-02-27 at 02:34 AM.

I think I misjudged your intelligence.
    I'm quite certain I had yours bang on from the first word.

You're an average ass person who will live and die without more than 10-20 people ever caring.

You probably work an average ass, meaningless job. Your relationship with your government is no different from mine.
    You're like an anthropomorphic nihilism meme.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    If, however, the 2nd Amendment does not stand, the government simply decrees how things are going to go, how things are going to be, and if you protest, you simply have a gun pointed at you and are then thrown in jail. Nice and clean, very simple. Most will comply.
    You do realize that this is already how it is for most people in this country who committed the mortal sin of not being white, and somehow I never see gun owners speak up on their behalf.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to talk about population. You still have insanely high gun homicide. Do some research.

Want to know the reason? Oh shit it's the second amendment.

Logic doesn't seem to fly with Americans. That's the problem. We live in a First World country, both of us. Society is governed by what is morally right.

Do you think - at this point. That it is probably the morally right thing to do - to remove guns?

I mean, y'all used to have slaves. Many of you are still racist bigots. But you changed that amendment didn't you? Because it was MORALLY RIGHT to do so.

Times change. It's time America caught up for the rest of the world.

For a "first world" country you seem to be lagging behind.

The fact of the matter is that you won't do ANYTHING about guns. Literally nothing. But keep throwing those "thoughts and prayers".
    If our gun issues were as bad as slavery was, it would get amended. But they are not. More people die from many other reasons than gun violence. By far. Yes it can be amended. Odds are overwhelming it will not be however. Get back to me when it is. I think I will die waiting before you do however. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    The one that's tenure saw an increase in gun crime, and only had legal effect of banning combinations of cosmetic features? It is lucky to have expired before Heller since it surely couldn't have survived litigation under it.
    Way to miss the point, outside of Washington the majority of the population has no problem with gun control. Even posters that I disagree with on most things find common ground on gun reforms but extremists want no change to the current system sadly they have the NRA's influence backing them up.

And you never will - because statistically speaking most of them are bigots.
    From the Asspull Institute of Made-Up Cliche studies.

Kinda like once someone starts saying "Zionism", you know you can stop even bothering to humor them as a serious intellect for politics? The same for people who reduce all political opposition to bigotry. It's really the same phenomenon in both cases.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Way to miss the point, outside of Washington the majority of the population has no problem with gun control. Even posters that I disagree with on most things find common ground on gun reforms but extremists want no change to the current system sadly they have the NRA's influence backing them up.
    No, entirely the point -- the AWB was never subject to constitutional review and probably couldn't survive it because it was an overbroad and ineffectual pile of garbage that had no measurable effect on crime; it corresponded with an increase, and it's lapse corresponded with decrease. Regulations that implicate the 2nd Amendment have to satisfy either intermediate or strict constitutional scrutiny. Public opinion really doesn't matter if the statute isn't constitutional.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    It's not even really about the money either, it's that all of the NRA's lobbying comes with the implicit threat that anyone who tries to stop them will be shot. You can't call yourself a law abiding responsible gun owner if you are threatening to shoot people if they change to law to something you don't like.

Yeah way to miss the point.

So educated but such a moron at the same time.

Continue cherry picking because you can't fight logic.

*Laughs in Australian Freedom*
    You've been prancing around like an infant the whole time, what debate has ever started? You seem of reasonable enough intelligence but little inclination to apply it. I just talk about the law here, for the most part. But an obvious and intentional lie like "statistically most gun owners are racists" really can't be allowed to go uncalled.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    It's not even really about the money either, it's that all of the NRA's lobbying comes with the implicit threat that anyone who tries to stop them will be shot. You can't call yourself a law abiding responsible gun owner if you are threatening to shoot people if they change to law to something you don't like.
    Where did you get that from? I've never seen the NRA make any claim, or anyone make such a claim on their behalf. It's obviously not true either, since Feinstein and Schumer are still around.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Where did you get that from? I've never seen the NRA make any claim, or anyone make such a claim on their behalf. It's obviously not true either, since Feinstein and Schumer are still around.
    Just part of the OEM software.

Quote Originally Posted by shmiskywalke View Post
    Nope you will just be dead because bad guys don't give two shits about your laws or your bat. They will just shoot you.
    Thats why you want it to be difficult for "bad guys" to get said guns in the first place

You're part of your countries problem.

If you truly don't think there is a problem - you have bigger issues.
    Your political disapproval of my country is something I find very reassuring.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    That's why I said it was an implicit threat, though a lot of gun owners aren't quite as savvy as their propaganda outlet. I've seen more than one poster on here argue that gun confiscation would never work because the police have families to worry about, and this is coming from the side that is supposedly in favor of law and order.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    No, entirely the point
    No the point was this was done on a bipartisan basis in spite of the NRA's objections.

Public opinion really doesn't matter if the statute isn't constitutional.
    But it does matter when you are running an election which was my point thank you for bringing us full circle.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Trust me, your gun issues are worse.

I guess you don't realize that the rest of the world is either:

A) Laughing at you.

B) Shaking their heads completely baffled.

C) Feeling really sorry for you.

You should spend some time living in a country like Australia. It would really open your "LAND OF THE FREEEEEEEEEEEE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" eyes.
    I would not trust anyone like you. And no, they are not worse. 15,000 or so per year dying from criminal gun death homicides, is what % of our 320+ million population? Do you know how many slaves existed back in 1860?

The United States Census of 1860 was the eighth Census conducted in the United States starting June 1, 1860, and lasting five months. It determined the population of the United States to be 31,443,321, an increase of 35.4 percent over the 23,191,875 persons enumerated during the 1850 Census. The total population included 3,953,761 slaves, representing 12.6% of the total population.

This is by far a greater issue here in the US -

Alcohol-Related Deaths:

An estimated 88,0008 people (approximately 62,000 men and 26,000 women8) die from alcohol-related causes annually, making alcohol the third leading preventable cause of death in the United States. The first is tobacco, and the second is poor diet and physical inactivity.9
    In 2014, alcohol-impaired driving fatalities accounted for 9,967 deaths (31 percent of overall driving fatalities).10

I am sure percentage wise, Australia is right there with the US with the issue of alcohol abuse. Maybe worse.

Yet we do not hear people in large numbers or the media/politicians yelling to ban alcoholic drinks.

A) They laugh until they need defended.
    B) They shake their heads at us until they need our help defending them.
    C) A lot of us here in the US, do not give a shit what other countries think when it comes to our right to keep and bear arms.

No desire to live any place else in the world. No desire to visit Australia or any other country actually. Very happy and content to live right here in the USA and enjoy my freedoms.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2018-02-27 at 01:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Do you know how many slaves existed back in 1860?

A) They laugh until they need defended.
    B) They shake their heads at us until they need our help defending them.
    C) A lot of us here in the US, do not give a shit what other countries think when it comes to our right to keep and bear arms.

No desire to live any place else in the world. No desire to visit Australia or any other country actually. Very happy and content to live right here in the USA and enjoy my freedoms.
    I dont know how ppl can survive outside of the US. They live in constant fear getting shot by the criminals who are running around with guns! They can't defend themselves. Just take a look at japan, ppl getting killed, robbed at gunpoint. Schoolshootings everywhere. I wish they could have the right to arm themselves.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    It's not the world, within your own border more and more people are reaching the conclusion that some weapons are too dangerous to be in civilian's hand.

Your own FEDEX company had issued that statement.

The younger generation overwhelmingly support a ban on AR-15, and increase gun control laws, especially regarding background check and mental illness.
    The NRA is losing support from sponsor left and right.

Can't you see changes are coming?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Owlmygod View Post
    I dont know how ppl can survive outside of the US. They live in constant fear getting shot by the criminals who are running around with guns! They can't defend themselves. Just take a look at japan, ppl getting killed, robbed at gunpoint. Schoolshootings everywhere. I wish they could have the right to arm themselves.
    nay, in japan, i expect katana and kamehameha.