Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

This is too funny not to share.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Oh, I don't disagree that 21 sounds like a good age for gun purchases. .
    Sounds like a good age to vote too! I think everything should be the same age. Buy a gun, drink, vote, enlist in the army, enter into a legal contract, get a loan and apply to college.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

I've always found that just locking the doors to my house at night acted as a decent enough deterrent to home invaders, although i don't live in a shithole country like the US.
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2018-03-08 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Infracted for forbidden topic: nation bashing

Quote Originally Posted by xRATJARx View Post
    although i don't live in a shithole country like the US.
    I'd encourage you to read the Gen-OT rules, specifically the portion regarding "nation-bashing". Criticizing the United States on policy is fine, but try to keep it respectful.

I'm not a mod, just some advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I'd encourage you to read the Gen-OT rules, specifically the portion regarding "nation-bashing". Criticizing the United States on policy is fine, but try to keep it respectful.

I'm not a mod, just some advice.
    Ill retract my statement when Trump retracts his statement on 'shithole countries'.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Of course not. That is why you can not show a exact figure with those when there is nothing on record to do so. But even if you take the low end of the studies, you can see they are used a bunch of times to deter a crime or assault.

- - - Updated - - -

Talk about overboard fear mongering. http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2018/0...dangerous.html
    I had the same thing happen to me. During an inspection in an airport (Heathrow, London, not in US) I was asked to open my bag. I had a lighter in a form of a gun in there, a tiny one, very similar to this:

It was confiscated and never returned. I know that I should have demanded it back, but could not be assed to go through the technicalities, paperwork and multiple hours of running from one office to the next over a $5 piece of plastic. That was back in late 1990s, but things are even tougher now for everything resembling guns in any shape or form.

Is there a joke here?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Sounds like a good age to vote too! I think everything should be the same age. Buy a gun, drink, vote, enlist in the army, enter into a legal contract, get a loan and apply to college.
    have sex?

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by xRATJARx View Post
    Ill retract my statement when Trump retracts his statement on 'shithole countries'.
    By that sure will Teach him. Some random on a gaming forum refuses to retract his TOS infraction comment until President Trump retracts his comment. You are such a brave soul.

- - - Updated - - -

No one under the age of 21 can buy, sell or own a Smart phone. 11 Teens die every single day from Texting and Driving . #notonemore
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Every honest and psychically healthy man should be able to own a weapon/firearm. It is basic principle of freedom.

There will be always some "accidents" with guns, like there are accidents with cars or electricity or anything else. We are not going to ban trucks, because "they kill" couple of people on daily basis.

Banning "assault rifles" does not solve anything. First of all what is "assault rifle"? - Definition of that is very vague and general, it is like saying we should ban a "truck".
    Also btw. fully automatic and other very dangerous military firearms are banned for civilian personel already from 1986 and heavily controlled in USA on federal level.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Actually, many women have firearms for the same reasons. Since there are a ton more single moms now. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    I am all for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    I had the same thing happen to me. During an inspection in an airport (Heathrow, London, not in US) I was asked to open my bag. I had a lighter in a form of a gun in there, a tiny one, very similar to this:

It was confiscated and never returned. I know that I should have demanded it back, but could not be assed to go through the technicalities, paperwork and multiple hours of running from one office to the next over a $5 piece of plastic. That was back in late 1990s, but things are even tougher now for everything resembling guns in any shape or form.
    Yeah, that is just ridiculous. They should train the TSA to know what a real firearm is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    have sex?

/10char
    Being under 18 now does not stop teens from having sex. So your point is worth zero points. :P
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2018-03-08 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spazik View Post
    Every honest and psychically healthy man should be able to own a weapon/firearm. It is basic principle of freedom.
    agreed

Banning "assault rifles" does not solve anything. First of all what is "assault rifle"? - Definition of that is very vague and general, it is like saying we should ban a "truck".
    Also btw. fully automatic and other very dangerous military firearms are banned for civilian personel already from 1986 and heavily controlled in USA on federal level.
    It's about Gun Violence Reduction. Banning weapons has proven it works in other countries to reduce gun violence and and gun massacres.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Karen Mallard whos is a Dem running for congress in VA commits a Federal Felony on Video

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    agreed

It's about Gun Violence Reduction. Banning weapons has proven it works in other countries to reduce gun violence and and gun massacres.
    I do not live over there, so that point is invalid for myself. Plus, different cultures and Constitutions. I prefer to keep the right I have to keep and bear arms as part of my Constitutional right to defend myself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Karen Mallard whos is a Dem running for congress in VA commits a Federal Felony on Video

ROFL. What a dipshit. They should arrest her ass.

agreed

The same way Making Drugs illegal stopped Drug over doses and drug dealing and use? The same way BAnning Alcohol stopped people from Drinking?
    Peoples words offend me, lets get rid of Free speech that way no one will say anyting that offends me right?

As been pointed out numerous times. we are not other countries. Stop comparing us to them. If yall put half as much energy on fixing the real root causes of these tragedies then maybe something would be done. Mental HEalth care, a society that glorifies death and violence. A society that celebrates murderers and internet heroes. The loss of traditional family values. Over medicating kids with psychotropic drugs that cause them to be violent. Parents being Friends instead of being the parent. A media thats only interested in making ratings and headlines instead of actually reporting facts. School systems that do nothing about excessive bullying of others to the point these kids want to kill them selves or others then they wring their hands and say " they slipped through the cracks". Actually enforcing the laws we have now.

Deleted
    never understood why you can get guns n stuff so easily in the states. maybe slightly biased as an european :P

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do not live over there, so that point is invalid for myself. Plus, different cultures and Constitutions. I prefer to keep the right I have to keep and bear arms as part of my Constitutional right to defend myself.
    I think you have a point there, but maybe not the point you think or want.

I would say like others have said, trying not to be condescending, if you do not feel safe in a civilized, first world country, to point you need to carry gun, or need an AR-15 for home protection, there is something very wrong with that society.

Rather than continuing the arm race, how about taking step towards a better, safer society. See, i can go out to the movie, to dancing or drinking, walk in the street at 2 AM, I do not feel unsafe. Things can happen, i don't deny, crime does exist but it's fairly uncommon.

30 years in France, never a problem, 6 years in LA, i was mugged twice.

Again, i say that with no intention of feeling morally superior or anything, i'm just saying, there is a better way to make a better society rather than lock and load everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    The same way Making Drugs illegal stopped Drug over doses and drug dealing and use?
    A lot of False Equivalences.

As been pointed out numerous times. we are not other countries. Stop comparing us to them.
    Too bad, people can and people will because they are people too with good ideas and because it's Logical.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2018-03-08 at 02:11 PM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Gun Violence and Drugs is not the same equivalent whatsoever.

Too bad, people can and people will because they are people too with good ideas and because it's Logical.
    Gun violence and drugs go hand in hand. WTF are you talking about? This is why the Gun control crowd continually loses , Because they want to ultimately make us into another country.