Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maldarious View Post
    I say again the Second Amendment is just being open to interpretation and our forefathers had no idea as to what our country would be or the kind of weapons we would have. The Second Amendment needs to be changed, updated, brought up to the times. I would even argue the entire Constitution needs an overhaul.
    We have a Supreme Court which gives us the legal interpretation of our Constitution which is then used to how we can exercise said rights. There are ways to amend the Constitution. Not based on popular public vote however. We are the United States of America. A Republic of Democratic States.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Ahh, You are from a country other than the US. So your opinion is only that. Nothing more. Mine however, I get to exercise lawfully according to a Constitutional right.
    Guess what, a gun is never going to save you if some guy creeps on you and shoots you on the back -_-
    At best, having a gun creates a 50-50 situation.
    Better live in a world without guns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    The reality is that guns = money to your country.
    Thats the only reason why guns are not going anywhere.
    I don't think it is that simple.
    The USA has a lot of guns and a culture of guns that dates back to the beginning.
    If you haven't noticed, we rank personal freedoms pretty high, and individualism is still very much alive and kicking.

I would say this is a much bigger reason why guns are not going anywhere.
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion
    "The Special Counsel did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts, despite multiple. offers from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styvan01 View Post
    I'm sure this is not going to make any difference but according to NBC 4, my local news station (which is Washington DC, which btw I am a graduate of Great Mills High School) the shooter was killed by his own gun. https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...477984883.html
    But that does not change the fact he stopped his rampage when the officer confronted him. Who else would he have shot? We do not know since he was dead after the confrontation with the officer.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    So... Fantasy Land?
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion
    "The Special Counsel did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts, despite multiple. offers from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mullet Man View Post
    I don't think it is that simple.
    The USA has a lot of guns and a culture of guns that dates back to the beginning.
    If you haven't noticed, we rank personal freedoms pretty high, and individualism is still very much alive and kicking.

I would say this is a much bigger reason why guns are not going anywhere.
    It's very outdated laws/culture that literally destroys the country and the people living in it.
    Everybody with common sense knows that. All those people protesting know it.
    I still think nothing will happen purely because of the money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess what, a gun is never going to save you if some guy creeps on you and shoots you on the back -_-
    At best, having a gun creates a 50-50 situation.
    Guess what. It has here on several occasions. Just the mainstream media does not give much attention to stories which are not that uncommon.

My wife's one cousin was killed when he broke into a guy's apartment and attacked him with a knife. The other guy had a firearm and it saved his life.

Deleted
    So... Fantasy Land?
    A few illigal guns here and there.
    Not destributed to the whole country and 18 year olds.

But that does not change the fact he stopped his rampage when the officer confronted him. Who else would he have shot? We do not know since he was dead after the confrontation with the officer.
    I mean he went to kill himself seconds later after shooting his ex-gf. I am fairly certain that he wouldn't have killed any other person.
    "Its hard being humble, knowing how awesome I am,"

Deleted
    Guess what. It has here on several occasions. Just the mainstream media does not give much attention to stories which are not that uncommon.

My wife's one cousin was killed when he broke into a guy's apartment and attacked him with a knife. The other guy had a firearm and it saved his life.
    You dont believe in statistics but you are pretty confortable making up your own...

10+ Year Old Account
    It's very outdated laws/culture that literally destroys the country and the people living in it.
    Everybody with common sense knows that. All those people protesting know it.
    I still think nothing will happen purely because of the money.
    I live in the USA every day.
    The country is not being destroyed by guns.
    I have common sense and I don't believe what you stated in this post.

Its hyperbolic statements like this that lead nowhere.

If you want to have a real discussion about gun control, great. I'm here. I'm a member of the NRA.
    Let me what you would change in regards to the current gun laws that would make a difference.
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion

10+ Year Old Account
    You dont believe in statistics but you are pretty confortable making up your own...
    I never said statistics are not important. You are taking comments out of context. And you are very late to this discussion. But a study commissioned by President Obama in 2013 concluded firearms are a important deterrent for self defense.

If you really cared you would seek out cases where this is true and can find thousands where it has happened. But I seriously do not think you will take the time.

Here is one case. Being the nice guy I am and took the time.....

And another one..

Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2018-03-27 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    OK, that's almost what I asked for.

Let's try again, in the least ambiguous terms possible.

Show me a conviction for assault with a deadly weapon or armed robbery where the perp was not armed. At all. No pellet guns, no toy guns, nothing. No weapon, but he has his hand in his jacket like its on a gun, something along those lines.
    Would a link to a half dozen academic pieces supporting the premise suffice? Law is also academic knowledge, and that includes that robbery doesn't require an actual weapon to be "armed", only a reasonable belief on the part of the victim that they'd be harmed with a weapon if they didn't cooperate. That's as hard a legal truth as the tax rate. You can't rationally believe you've disproven that because there is a dearth of criminals who've attempted that particular bit of genius frequently enough to have a linkable track record. It could be a pack of starbursts, it could be the TV remote, it could be a toy gun -- what matters is the fear and reaction it creates in the victim.

If you can only concede to convictions involving toy guns, let's go right back to apples to apples -- now it's someone who pulls out a prop gun at night when someone is about to carjack them in the parking lot; believing their intended victim to be armed, they leave. That is a defensive gun use for the same reason the linked story was armed robbery.

Deleted
    I live in the USA every day.
    The country is not being destroyed by guns.
    I have common sense and I don't believe what you stated in this post.

Its hyperbolic statements like this that lead nowhere.

If you want to have a real discussion about gun control, great. I'm here. I'm a member of the NRA.
    Let me what you would change in regards to the current gun laws that would make a difference.
    Just try and watch the facts from above. In a simple way.

-You live in a country where 18 year olds can buy a gun. (really unbelievable)
    -In your country, since January you had 17 school shootings, suicides, accidents, actuall shootings, doesnt matter. A gun was shot in school grounds 17 times since january. (really unbelievable)
    -Your solution, instead of removing guns to the masses is giving more guns to people at school to shoot the kids holding a gun. Your solution is more guns!??!?!?!!?

Really, you live in a crazy world. Most countries had zero shootings in schools so far this year.

-Your solution, instead of removing guns to the masses is giving more guns to people at school to shoot the kids holding a gun. Your solution is more guns!??!?!?!!?
    That's exactly what happened in one of my districts where the kids protested the lack of security.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styvan01 View Post
    I mean he went to kill himself seconds later after shooting his ex-gf. I am fairly certain that he wouldn't have killed any other person.
    You could be right. But we do not know for certain. What we do know, is the officer confronted him before he shot himself as he was shot in the hand by the officer, the same time he pulled his trigger to kill himself. And let us assume another person who was intent on shooting others, a officer responding quickly would not have made any difference?

- - - Updated - - -

-In your country, since January you had 17 school shootings, suicides, accidents, actuall shootings, doesnt matter. A gun was shot in school grounds 17 times since january. (really unbelievable)

Really, you live in a crazy world. Most countries had zero shootings in schools so far this year.
    We likely have more death's from cars than your country does too. Or other death's. Which is your country?

Deleted
    We likely have more death's from cars than your country does too. Or other death's. Which is your country?
    I live in Portugal
    We've never had kids with guns shooting at eachoter. What happened one time was 2 parents mad at eachoter because of custody of a kid shot eachoter.
    One time, and it wasnt a kid with a gun.

But you see what i mean in my post?
    A simple view on things makes all your situation seem crazy

A few stories in this one:

Last edited by Shadowferal; 2018-03-27 at 12:28 AM.

If you aren't mature enough to responsibly handle a weapon, surely you're not mature enough to vote. Yet not only do 18 year olds vote, they can become firefighters, police, military, EMTs...

There's a reason this stat is unbelievable; it's not true. Or at least the Trace/Everytown are being wantonly deceitful in how their terms. This includes random vandalism after school hours, it includes suicides on school grounds while school is in or out of session, and includes negligent discharges by persons authorized to have their weapon at the school. None of which are what anybody thinks of when they hear the phrase "school shooting".

What's unbelievable is that anyone thinks there is such a thing as "removing guns". You'd never get them all, there are more than there are people, perhaps even by a multiple or so. And it's certainly not like you can uninvent them. Forgot 3D printing, you better be ready to ban jigs, drill presses, dremel tools, and, y'know, plastic if you don't want the ample available knowledge for people to just make them themselves. "Can't stop the signal".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    1)What edgelords call ''far left'' is the solid right in most countries.

2)Again, pretty any group that the edgelords don't like, from teacher unions to ecologists to anyone who does not consider Hitler ''a leftist'', is called by them a variation of ''pinko'', usually with not subtle threats about being shot.
    Thankfully you needn't concern yourself with our backwards affairs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    There's a reason this stat is unbelievable; it's not true. Or at least the Trace/Everytown are being wantonly deceitful in how their terms. This includes random vandalism after school hours, it includes suicides on school grounds while school is in or out of session, and includes negligent discharges by persons authorized to have their weapon at the school. None of which are what anybody thinks of when they hear the phrase "school shooting".
    Doesnt matter, all of those are guns being shot in school grounds.
    I highy doubt the statistics have shots while school is in or out of session though.

I've had 1 incident in my country where a PARENT shot another parent.
    You've had 17 incidents since january.
    Something is wrong, no?
    Because in most countries this stuff doesnt happen.

What's unbelievable is that anyone thinks there is such a thing as "removing guns". You'd never get them all, there are more than there are people, perhaps even by a multiple or so. And it's certainly not like you can uninvent them. Forgot 3D printing, you better be ready to ban jigs, drill presses, dremel tools, and, y'know, plastic if you don't want the ample available knowledge for people to just make them themselves. "Can't stop the signal".
    But you can stop kids from having guns if they dont have access to the black market.
    Which is a lot of people.
    Not everyone has access to the black market of guns.
    This at least can stop some shootings, no?
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-03-27 at 12:38 AM.