View Poll Results: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Voters
4675. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    2,818 60.28%
  • No

    1,857 39.72%
  1. #49581
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    It’s scary to think that you, a reasonable guy, see the schooling shootings as part of the cost of having the freedom to own firearms, even if those dead children were your own. Maybe it’s cultural difference, but I really struggle to understand you view.
    Do you support Prohibition?

    I ask because I'm trying to get you to see that all the dead people from drunk driving accidents, you see them as part of the cost of having the freedom to consume alcohol.
    Last edited by Dacien; 2018-03-28 at 06:12 PM.
    There are no loopholes

  2. #49582
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA, Ohio
    Posts
    22,991
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    It’s scary to think that you, a reasonable guy, see the schooling shootings as part of the cost of having the freedom to own firearms, even if those dead children were your own. Maybe it’s cultural difference, but I really struggle to understand you view.
    You do understand that down thru more than 200 years, blood as had to be shed in order for us to maintain the freedoms we have here? There is a cost for freedoms. There is a cost of lives to keep having the privileged to use private transportation. Think of it in that state of mind.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

  3. #49583
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    And if that cost was the life of your child or grandchild in a school shooting, do you think you would continue to believe it’s a cost worth paying?
    Most people understand that nothing that has been proposed will stop these actions.

  4. #49584
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    TBH, I find that very scary. You generally come across as a reasonable person, but your reply leans toward a religious fanaticism for an object designed to kill.
    My child is more likely to die from a distracted driver than getting shot, the odds aren't even close. So lets ban cell phones, more lives will be saved, and not just school children.

  5. #49585
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    My child is more likely to die from a distracted driver than getting shot, the odds aren't even close. So lets ban cell phones, more lives will be saved, and not just school children.
    So in your eyes there is absolutely no problem.
    Not even worth debating this.
    Because school shootings are not a real problem.

  6. #49586
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    So in your eyes there is absolutely no problem.
    Not even worth debating this.
    Because school shootings are not a real problem.
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will not fix the problem. The main problem is people focus too much on the HOW and not the WHY.
    Last edited by zenkai; 2018-06-18 at 07:42 PM.

  7. #49587
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    So in your eyes there is absolutely no problem.
    Not even worth debating this.
    Because school shootings are not a real problem.
    What we are saying is, that:
    1. There are other dangers that have more of a chance of happening then getting shot in school or getting shot in general.
    2. That there hasnt been anything proposed (short of a complete ban) that would stop these events from happening.

    It would be beneficial if you just took a step back, let go of the emotion of the subject and then debate.

  8. #49588
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem. The main problem is people focus too much on the HOW and not the WHY.
    Why?
    Because they can do it legally, In My Opinion

    There will always be bad people in the world. Nothing we can do about it, IMO

    But i bet, 100% sure, that IF in my country a 18y old could get a gun legally we would have here many school shootings.
    But they cant, so there are no school shootings or "gun incidents".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    It would be beneficial if you just took a step back, let go of the emotion of the subject and then debate.
    I will try

  9. #49589
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Why?
    Because they can do it legally IMO

    There will always be bad people in the world. Nothing we can do about it IMO

    But bet, 100% sure, that IF in my country a 18y old could get a gun legally we would have here many school shootings.
    But they cant, so there are no school shootings or "gun incidents".
    The why is because someone can buy a gun legally to do something illegal? WTF?
    A guy who wants to murder people will stop if he can't buy a gun?
    How can you believe this with a straight face?

  10. #49590
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    The why is because someone can buy a gun legally to do something illegal? WTF?
    A guy who wants to murder people will stop if he can't buy a gun?
    How can you believe this with a straight face?
    If a person can't buy a gun...how can he/she do a school "shooting"?
    They can go on a stabbing spree with a knife, but thats way easier to stop.

  11. #49591
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    If a person can't buy a gun...how can he/she do a school "shooting"?
    They can go on a stabbing spree with a knife, but thats way easier to stop.
    So murder is fine as long as they don't shoot you. Nice logic there chief.

  12. #49592
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    So murder is fine as long as they don't shoot you. Nice logic there chief.
    If you were in school and you could choose between:
    A) A School Shooter with a legally bought AR-15
    B) A murderous teen with a kitchen knife

    Which one would you prefer...if you had to choose one?

  13. #49593
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    If you were in school and you could choose between:
    A) A School Shooter with a legally bought AR-15
    B) A murderous teen with a kitchen knife

    Which one would you prefer...if you had to choose one?
    Because kitchen knife is the only other way to murder someone?

    Perhaps you haven't heard of the Austin Bomber or what happened in Nice France, I suggest you look those up.

  14. #49594
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    If you were in school and you could choose between:
    A) A School Shooter with a legally bought AR-15
    B) A murderous teen with a kitchen knife

    Which one would you prefer...if you had to choose one?
    Thats a false choice. We shouldnt allow any weapons in school if we had proper security in place. Problem students should be expelled. Students that run afoul with the law should be kicked out. Students shouldnt bully other kids to a point they kill themselves or others. Strangers or people not enrolled in school should not be allowed in school without an escort.

    All of this is to say if someone is really intent on killing a specific person they can wait until after school hours where they can shoot, stab, or run over with a car when the person is in public. I mean, guns have been around for only a few centuries, we have been murdering each other for millennia. With technology and information at anyones finger tips these days a persons death toll is only limited to their imagination.

  15. #49595
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Because kitchen knife is the only other way to murder someone?

    Perhaps you haven't heard of the Austin Bomber or what happened in Nice France, I suggest you look those up.
    And how many bombings in school did you have in America?
    Maybe almost none because its not easy to do so? And because people cant buy bombs legally in stores at 18y old.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    Thats a false choice. We shouldnt allow any weapons in school if we had proper security in place. Problem students should be expelled. Students that run afoul with the law should be kicked out. Students shouldnt bully other kids to a point they kill themselves or others. Strangers or people not enrolled in school should not be allowed in school without an escort.

    All of this is to say if someone is really intent on killing a specific person they can wait until after school hours where they can shoot, stab, or run over with a car when the person is in public. I mean, guns have been around for only a few centuries, we have been murdering each other for millennia. With technology and information at anyones finger tips these days a persons death toll is only limited to their imagination.
    But we cant stop people from being bad. There is nothing we can do in that department.
    What we can do is...take away weapons from people.

    What else can we do?
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-03-28 at 08:16 PM.

  16. #49596
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    But we cant stop people from being bad. There is nothing we can do in that department.
    What we can do is...take away weapons from people.
    But as you say, you cant stop people from being bad. So a bad person will always find a way to kill. You only take guns away from people who use them for legal purposes. Those who want to kill will always be able to find and have guns. Drugs are illegal, yet people always are able to find drugs.


    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    What else can we do?
    Stay vigilant

  17. #49597
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    And how many bombings in school did you have in America?
    There would be a lot more if they couldn't get a hold of guns. Or they would just mow down students leaving school, take your pick. This is why focusing on the WHY is more important.

  18. #49598
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    But as you say, you cant stop people from being bad. So a bad person will always find a way to kill. You only take guns away from people who use them for legal purposes. Those who want to kill will always be able to find and have guns. Drugs are illegal, yet people always are able to find drugs.
    But
    1) Is much "better" (chances of survival) against a person without a gun than a person with a gun
    2) Not everyone can buy weapons illegally, we could at least stop people without access to the black market of guns
    3) Black Market of guns is way harder to find than drugs.

    Stay vigilant
    Take away guns

    What do you think of this proposal?
    Make the legal age to carry a gun 25
    And mandatory supervision to enter schools. Only a student with a pass can enter the school grounds (like my school)

    Because metal detectors in every school is unrealistic...i think.
    And this way a "former student" cant enter school grounds for "revenge" or whatever those crazy people think they are doing.

  19. #49599
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    If you were in school and you could choose between:
    A) A School Shooter with a legally bought AR-15
    B) A murderous teen with a kitchen knife

    Which one would you prefer...if you had to choose one?
    What stops them from buying an illegal AR-15?

    Why a kitchen knife and not a truck? Why a kitchen knife and not a bomb? Why a kitchen knife and not a flame thrower? There are so many ways to kill people, but you pick the one that would cause the least damage... Why? This just makes it look like you either have no imagination or are intentionally trying to make guns seem worse than anything by comparing it to something weak.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    But
    1) Is much "better" (chances of survival) against a person without a gun than a person with a gun
    2) Not everyone can buy weapons illegally, we could at least stop people without access to the black market of guns
    3) Black Market of guns is way harder to find than drugs.

    Take away guns

    What do you think of this proposal?
    Make the legal age to carry a gun 25
    And mandatory supervision to enter schools. Only a student with a pass can enter the school grounds (like my school)

    Because metal detectors in every school is unrealistic...i think.
    And this way a "former student" cant enter school grounds for "revenge" or whatever those crazy people think they are doing.
    Posts like this make it really hard to take people like you seriously. You have NOT thought through what you're proposing.

    You don't know anything about the black market.

    You think metal detectors are unrealistic when they've been used for a very long time and have stopped thousands of kids from entering school with a gun.

    You probably don't even know what open carry laws are or what states even allow it.

    You probably legitimately think taking away guns is a good idea and will save lives, but you haven't thought it through... Who's going to take the guns away? How are they going to take the guns? What happens when people resist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

  20. #49600
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    What stops them from buying an illegal AR-15?

    Why a kitchen knife and not a truck? Why a kitchen knife and not a bomb? Why a kitchen knife and not a flame thrower? There are so many ways to kill people, but you pick the one that would cause the least damage... Why? This just makes it look like you either have no imagination or are intentionally trying to make guns seem worse than anything by comparing it to something weak.
    Not everyone has access to the black market of guns.
    We could at least stop those people without access.

    I chose "knife" because there arent many bombings and many schools have a fence that cant be entered with a car.
    I dont know.
    Is much harder to be a killer without an actual gun.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •