Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Face it:
    1: There is not a single justifiable reason to own automatic or semi-automatic weapons.
    2: There is not a single justifiable reason to keep a loaded assempled weapon in your house.
    3: There is not a single justifiable reason for the general public to be allowed to own weapons.

For those very very few people, that are allowed to own a weapon (e.g. a hunter), you would need to apply for a permit (one per weapon) and it needs to be disassembled into the three major components (Ammo, Lock and rest) when it not in use.
    Each of these items are to be kept under lock and key in seperate rooms in your house and may not be assembled until you are at the hunting grounds or gun range.

Than and only then, should weapons be allowed in the public.
    Face it. The US Constitution guarantees the right of the citizens to keep and carry firearms for self defense. All the justification we need.

But thanks for your suggestions which will never happen here.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    He was not charged, so the evidence and multiple witness there, I would say he did the right thing. He had his firearm trained on the guy..if the scum beating the policeman had a firearm and raised it to shoot the citizen, his demise would have just been sooner. What we do know for a fact is, the scum died and the policeman survived. That is what really counts.

- - - Updated - - -

DALLAS (AP) — More than 70,000 members of the National Rifle Association are expected in Dallas for the group's annual meeting, which will feature an appearance by President Donald Trump. The event is also drawing protests, including by those who have lost loved ones to gun violence

This was a interesting part of the article.-

The NRA's top priorities — allowing gun owners with a state-issued concealed-carry permit to carry a handgun in any state and easing restrictions on the sales of suppressors — remain unfulfilled. At the same time, the group has not lost any ground in Congress. Lawmakers have struggled to make even minor adjustments to background check systems.

And just this past March, the NRA posted its highest fundraising totals in more than a decade

Seems the more the anti-NRA crowd attacks them, the more others support them.
    So they care more about have state issues licenses cross all states (sounds anti conservative to me, that's big government stuff), allowing suppressors to be purchased easier, but they don't want better background checks? Seems like they really got their priorities straight.

And just this past March, the NRA posted its highest fundraising totals in more than a decade[/I]

Seems the more the anti-NRA crowd attacks them, the more others support them.
    Not sure what you are inferring gun sales are very low and the NRA is the best advertising platform heck even the Russians love them.

Face it:
    1: There is not a single justifiable reason to own automatic or semi-automatic weapons.
    2: There is not a single justifiable reason to keep a loaded assempled weapon in your house.
    3: There is not a single justifiable reason for the general public to be allowed to own weapons.

For those very very few people, that are allowed to own a weapon (e.g. a hunter), you would need to apply for a permit (one per weapon) and it needs to be disassembled into the three major components (Ammo, Lock and rest) when it not in use.
    Each of these items are to be kept under lock and key in seperate rooms in your house and may not be assembled until you are at the hunting grounds or gun range.

I'm pro gun control.

You are a moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    So they care more about have state issues licenses cross all states (sounds anti conservative to me, that's big government stuff), allowing suppressors to be purchased easier, but they don't want better background checks? Seems like they really got their priorities straight.
    Having state firearms licensing which are valid across all states is a high priority which I strongly support. It is not big government stuff, it is pushing for the same rights for each citizen to have lawful conceal carry firearms licenses, no matter what state they live in. Big government is not limited to just the federal level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Not sure what you are inferring gun sales are very low and the NRA is the best advertising platform heck even the Russians love them.
    Their funding received from donators has increased a ton. That is what I am referring to. Which allows them more money to fund anti-gun control measures which go too far. You know, money = power.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Having state firearms licensing which are valid across all states is a high priority which I strongly support. It is not big government stuff, it is pushing for the same rights for each citizen to have lawful conceal carry firearms licenses, no matter what state they live in. Big government is not limited to just the federal level.
    This is a non-starter.

States like Connecticut and New York have passed strict regulations on concealed weapons permits, at the urging of the residents of those states. To allow residents of a state with far less strict requirements like Texas or Montana to carry based on their home state requirements in a state where the resident requirements are far more strict is an infringement on the rights of CT and NY residents.

If there is to be 50 state reciprocity in concealed weapons permitting, it needs to come with standard requirements for those permits across all 50 states, at least for travel purposes.

Constitutional carry states or states with looser shall-issue restrictions should be able to set the requirements for their residents in their home state. They should not be able to undermine the requirements of other states.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    The NRA tried to get bills passed to improve NICS, the democrats shot them down. Partisan politics and all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Gun sales have very little to do with the NRA's fund raising. Most of their funds are private donations or membership fees, I forget the original russian guys donation, that article references $2,500 in membership fees which is not the total. Not sure if you're really worried about that $2,500 or if that was just the first article you found when searching for "Russia NRA Money" or something. The NRA is also like 4 different interlinked organizations with different rules for each, their opponents like to change stuff around to try to fit their narrative.

There was a campaign to donate money to the NRA on the day of the school walkout in March, so this article is just referencing that.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Their funding received from donators has increased a ton. That is what I am referring to. Which allows them more money to fund anti-gun control measures which go too far. You know, money = power.
    Okay but why? you guys control all branches of government just shows how stupid some people are.

Face it:

There's just a single justification of owning anything that isn't needing to survive, your argument is moot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Face it. The US Constitution guarantees the right of the citizens to keep and carry firearms for self defense. All the justification we need.

But thanks for your suggestions which will never happen here.
    A constitution gives you a right, NOT a justifiable reason..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

The reason is that we have the RIGHT to it. What part of a right to something do you not understand?
    If you claim to support the second amendment, and have to qualify it with preconditions, you don't support the second amendment.

Self defense is in and of itself a justifiable reason.

You cannot adequately defend yourself with a single shot bolt action rifle stored disassembled, separately, under lock and key.

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

That's undermining states rights, that big government tactics, see reply below.

Face it:

Nobody needs to justify their civil rights. Come and take it, if you can.

Deleted
    He was not charged, so the evidence and multiple witness there, I would say he did the right thing. He had his firearm trained on the guy..if the scum beating the policeman had a firearm and raised it to shoot the citizen, his demise would have just been sooner. What we do know for a fact is, the scum died and the policeman survived. That is what really counts.
    No we don't. They could have easily shot someone because they wanted to and saw an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    No we don't. They could have easily shot someone because they wanted to and saw an excuse.
    Playing "what if" here.
    That has never worked in a court of law.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    But lacking anything other than macabre fantasy as evidence of this, not much you can do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by misterpuk View Post

The reason is that we have the RIGHT to it. What part of a right to something do you not understand?
    You have the right to be stupid, and while you obviously take advantage of that right, there is no reason for you to do so..

Have you understood now, or are you really so thick headed?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    Self defense is in and of itself a justifiable reason.

You cannot adequately defend yourself with a single shot bolt action rifle stored disassembled, separately, under lock and key.
    Self defense from what? All the other non-justifiable weapons?

Take aaaaaalllll the time you need to answer..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Nobody needs to justify their civil rights. Come and take it, if you can.
    It's NOT a civil right, it's a legal right.. In a few countries... That, because of that right, have extreme violence..

Have you ever considered, why countries with stupid gun laws have sky high murder rates? Because available weapons, makes murder easier..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Self defense from what? All the other non-justifiable weapons?

Take aaaaaalllll the time you need to answer..
    Self defense against bodily harm committed by an assailant who has the ability to do more damage to me than I do to him. Maybe they have a knife. Are you going to outlaw kitchen knives? Maybe they are just a really big dude in great shape, and could literally beat me to death. Are you going to outlaw weight training?

Gun control is an admirable goal. It should be aimed at preventing the people that society has already decided should not have guns, from getting guns.

It's NOT a civil right, it's a legal right..
    No difference in the US.
    The civil rights era is laughing at you.