View Poll Results: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Voters
4676. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    2,819 60.29%
  • No

    1,857 39.71%
  1. #51581
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA, Ohio
    Posts
    23,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    All that energy shouldn't be invested into something "cosmetic" or "delusional" like owning a weapon to feel save. Real protection lies into building a society that is lawfully, morally and financially "save" for all inhabitants.

    For example: i can send my 12 year old daughter to school on a bike across a very big city every working day of the week and feel save about it. Every day.
    If i see a deranged individual on the streets i can call the police and i know he/she will be taken care of (meaning psychiatric help and shelter/food/clothing and eventually a good place to live).
    The Trias-Politica is realy protected by law, national law and EU law. We and our ancestors fought hard for that.

    We don't need guns to give a fake sense of security. We are realy secure junior.
    We do not all live in such a community. It is nice you do. A firearm are not a fake sense of security. Freedoms have been won because of firearms being used. As you admitted yourself with the Trias-Politica and having to fight hard for it. And no one in any country is totally free from any attacks on them personally. I have yet to have a need to use my firearm in self defense and I hope I never do. But I know some who have. It is a matter of choice here in the US.

    A kid to myself you are, since your daughter is only 12. hehe. My youngest son is a diplomat from the US, assigned to work out of the US Embassy in Paris.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2018-09-30 at 10:57 PM.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

  2. #51582
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...-shotguns.html

    California Gov. Jerry Brown signed a slew of gun control measures Friday, including one that raises the age requirement to purchase rifles and shotguns.

    In a tightening of what many believe are the strictest gun laws in the nation, Senate Bill 1100 now requires all firearms purchasers to be at least 21, the Mercury News of San Jose reported.


    Going to be interesting to see how this will be dealt with if a appeal is launched. How can any state, restrict a Constitutional right based on age, if the ages fall within being a legal adult? Also, if someone has ever been involuntary committed to a mental hospital has a life time ban from owning a firearm?

    Are they effectively saying no one can ever be cured with mental treatment? If so, then they should not be allowed to exercise a lot of activities in society. Ever. And they can be helped if they voluntary commit themselves and then get a firearm later?
    .
    Reminds me of people saying a blind person shouldn't be able to own a firearm.
    Socialism is the only economic system that requires billionaires to exist.
    https://i.redditmedia.com/P8UE8DAGeB...c1ef120404fdbd
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    This term isn't far off, though it would need the word "scientific" in front of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Accessibility, ownership, availability; these are all essentially the same thing.

  3. #51583
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    The figures are "chance per 100.000".
    Chance per 100,000 is meaningless in this case when it doesn't take into account things like distance and time traveled by the average person and number of cars on the road vs population(NL ~8mil cars/17mil pop - US ~250mil cars/323mil pop). We tend to drive a great deal more in America than most do in the EU. We don't have a lot of trains, and public transportation is pretty limited throughout the vast majority of the country so a lot of us drive.

  4. #51584
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post

    Son, i know you're persistent but you're not convincing me. I have (+/-) 2x more chance of being in a fatal traffic accident in your country compared to mine and 10-20x more chance to be shot (to death or not).

    .
    Citation needed.

  5. #51585

  6. #51586
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA, Ohio
    Posts
    23,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    Chance per 100,000 is meaningless in this case when it doesn't take into account things like distance and time traveled by the average person and number of cars on the road vs population(NL ~8mil cars/17mil pop - US ~250mil cars/323mil pop). We tend to drive a great deal more in America than most do in the EU. We don't have a lot of trains, and public transportation is pretty limited throughout the vast majority of the country so a lot of us drive.
    Some excellent points and one they like to overlook. In some cases, on purpose. Another tactic is to throw in the worse of our gun crime cities into the stats, as if they apply to all areas of the US. Stay away from certain large cities here in the US and your chances for getting shot by a criminal are reduced significantly.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    A case of irresponsible gun owners not securing their firearms from minors and those who are not authorized to use them. This also happens with other dangerous tools. I am for certain, in favor of laws which can help prevent this type of tragic event by having more severe penalties for gun owners who do not secure their firearms from such individuals.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

  7. #51587
    Herald of the Titans bladeXcrasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Some excellent points and one they like to overlook. In some cases, on purpose. Another tactic is to throw in the worse of our gun crime cities into the stats, as if they apply to all areas of the US. Stay away from certain large cities here in the US and your chances for getting shot by a criminal are reduced significantly.

    - - - Updated - - -



    A case of irresponsible gun owners not securing their firearms from minors and those who are not authorized to use them. This also happens with other dangerous tools. I am for certain, in favor of laws which can help prevent this type of tragic event by having more severe penalties for gun owners who do not secure their firearms from such individuals.
    Oh yeah? Go educate your NRA brethren in Washington State then.

  8. #51588
    I am Murloc! Thwart's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    5,168
    I saw this article and had to share it here.



    https://gazette.com/military/army-mi...5a0e767a4.html

  9. #51589
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA, Ohio
    Posts
    23,001
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Oh yeah? Go educate your NRA brethren in Washington State then.
    I am a supporter of the NRA, but not a spokesman for them. And it is up to the State of Washington legislation to make laws. If they can not pass them, it is because they do not feel a need.

    Was this your point?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    I saw this article and had to share it here.



    https://gazette.com/military/army-mi...5a0e767a4.html
    Wow!! That thing sounds awesome for the military! Sounds like it would be a lot of fun to shoot.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

  10. #51590
    Dreadlord Nigel Tufnel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    Posts
    839
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    A kid to myself you are, since your daughter is only 12. hehe. My youngest son is a diplomat from the US, assigned to work out of the US Embassy in Paris.
    He's a chauffeur?
    You can't really dust for vomit.

  11. #51591
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA, Ohio
    Posts
    23,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    He's a chauffeur?
    I do not think a chauffeur makes as much money as he does or has as much responsibility.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

  12. #51592
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...nessee-n915791

    Guess they tracked a shipment from Ruger (manufacturer) and stole it from the UPS facility. I'd think there'd be a lot easier things to steal from UPS than a bunch of guns.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

  13. #51593
    Herald of the Titans bladeXcrasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,602
    Clearly the answer to this is more guns

  14. #51594
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA, Ohio
    Posts
    23,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...nessee-n915791

    Guess they tracked a shipment from Ruger (manufacturer) and stole it from the UPS facility. I'd think there'd be a lot easier things to steal from UPS than a bunch of guns.
    Glad they found these before they got into the wrong hands.

    Notice the article said.." Ruger caliber guns. " lol!!
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

  15. #51595
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Glad they found these before they got into the wrong hands.

    Notice the article said.." Ruger caliber guns. " lol!!
    Thanks for the update, now I hope they can find out who else is involved, you know this had to be an inside job.

  16. #51596
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA, Ohio
    Posts
    23,001
    Now that the Supreme Court has another pro second amendment advocate on the Court, this was a great victory for those who cherish the Second Amendment as the right for citizens to keep and carry firearms for self defense. My hope is, some more challenges will be made against some laws made by some states, which in my opinion, violates those. We are now in a position to get some of those overturned.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

  17. #51597
    Scarab Lord Zoranon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Posts
    4,049
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Now that the Supreme Court has another pro second amendment advocate on the Court, this was a great victory for those who cherish the Second Amendment as the right for citizens to keep and carry firearms for self defense. My hope is, some more challenges will be made against some laws made by some states, which in my opinion, violates those. We are now in a position to get some of those overturned.
    Yep his confirmation is a big hit against the hoplophobes, assuming of course it was Kennedy, not Roberts who was the justice failing to respect the 2nd.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

  18. #51598
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA, Ohio
    Posts
    23,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    Yep his confirmation is a big hit against the hoplophobes, assuming of course it was Kennedy, not Roberts who was the justice failing to respect the 2nd.
    But it helps a lot to have such a Justice to be sitting on the bench. He has a clear record of upholding the Second. And very possible, more will be forthcoming.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

  19. #51599
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    But it helps a lot to have such a Justice to be sitting on the bench. He has a clear record of upholding the Second. And very possible, more will be forthcoming.
    If we can get cert, there is a very good chance Kavanaugh will be the deciding vote that sharpens the teeth of Heller; ends AWBs, magazine capacity limits, perhaps even "may issue" jurisdictions.

  20. #51600
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA, Ohio
    Posts
    23,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    If we can get cert, there is a very good chance Kavanaugh will be the deciding vote that sharpens the teeth of Heller; ends AWBs, magazine capacity limits, perhaps even "may issue" jurisdictions.
    Yes. That is what I am hoping for. A overturning of such clear violations of the Second. Even a liberal court of judges ruled such restrictions in California to be unconstitutional.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •