Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I must say, you have some very valid points. And certainly address the potential abuses these red flag laws can create by default. And knowing how Congress is mainly concerned now with public attention to the issue in creating a "feels good" law, I am not convinced they will make a informed and logical decision taking the potential harm such laws can do into serous consideration.
    If much of the "left" had their way voting republican would be enough to declare you mentally incompetent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    You've got to be kidding me. Now you're just making shit up. Care to source your claim?
    Here is something that will blow that posters mind.

Did you know that back in the day many SCHOOLS had shooting ranges, to instruct gun use and safety? Many STUDENTS would bring their own personal fire arm.

Honestly it is pretty simple guns are not the problem people are. So figure out what the fuck is wrong w/these people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Wrong, blaming violent video games, movies, evils of rap music and "gang glorification" is such an right wing line it's a cliche. It's part of the plan to talk about anything but guns which democrats are always talking about, sure there have been some blue dog democrats who towed the line but this is a right wing talking point. I am not sure where you have been living this is the second time people here want to stick everything they don't like on democrats ignoring reality.
    Must be young huh?

Started w/Joe Lieberman in 1990, he was the VP for Gore, .. that makes him a democrat.

Oh also, Al Gores wife, was responsible for the push in the censorship in music. The band Warrant even has a song dedicated to her for it.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

I think a left-leaning perspective would find it odd that the latest shootings are in areas where everyone seems to be saying that such things "never happen here."

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    If much of the "left" had their way voting republican would be enough to declare you mentally incompetent.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is something that will blow that posters mind.

Did you know that back in the day many SCHOOLS had shooting ranges, to instruct gun use and safety? Many STUDENTS would bring their own personal fire arm.

Honestly it is pretty simple guns are not the problem people are. So figure out what the fuck is wrong w/these people.
    Lol! I get that feeling from some at times.

It begins in the home. Too many of these mass shooters have had issues which began in their home environment. Poor or lack of parenting, is something which can not be overlooked. Not always, but it is a common background history with many of these mass shooters. That includes the ones which are gang/drug related.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Must be young huh?

Started w/Joe Lieberman in 1990, he was the VP for Gore, .. that makes him a democrat.

Oh also, Al Gores wife, was responsible for the push in the censorship in music. The band Warrant even has a song dedicated to her for it.
    ROFLMAO you called Joe Lieberman the guy who was floated as VP for McCain a democrat you got jokes he's as much as a democrat as Joe Manchin or perhaps you don't know what a blue dog democrat is.

So your thesis guns are not the problem Americans are just crazier and dumber than everyone else in the world. Are you sure you want to go with that one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I think a left-leaning perspective would find it odd that the latest shootings are in areas where everyone seems to be saying that such things "never happen here."
    Most mass shootings, do happen more in some places than others. Like cities such as parts of Chicago, Baltimore, etc. But it can happen any place. Remember, for a shooting to be a mass shooting, it does not have to occur in a Walmart or school. What is even more odd, is that Vermont, which has some of the most lax gun laws in the Union, I do not think have ever had any.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

ROFLMAO you called Joe Lieberman the guy who was floated as VP for McCain a democrat you got jokes he's as much as a democrat as Joe Manchin or perhaps you don't know what a blue dog democrat is.
    You obviously don't know what a RHINO is ... tip Republican In Name Only... That was McCain. Hence why most republicans didn't vote for him.

Also Lieberman WAS the VP for Gore right?

Also going to ignore the Al Gores wife thing?

So your thesis guns are not the problem Americans are just crazier and dumber than everyone else in the world. Are you sure you want to go with that one?
    Yes cause the only problem is crazy and dumb....
    Last edited by Maneo; 2019-08-13 at 11:09 PM.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

You obviously don't know what a RHINO is ... tip Republican In Name Only... That was McCain. Hence why most republicans didn't vote for him.
    Pretty sure they didn't vote for him because the previous guy oversaw the tanking of the economy and lied to get us into wars. McCain got the nomination rather easily because no one wanted it. McCain's record is solidly conservative moreso than the guy who spend most of his life voting democrat and now playing pretend conservative.

Also Lieberman WAS the VP for Gore right?
    it was a political move he needed a blue dog after the Monica Lewinsky affair kind of like how Obama needed Biden a blue dog to smooth out fears.

Also going to ignore the Al Gores wife thing?
    Why should I care about his wife? Do you dictate what your SO's opinions?

Pretty sure they didn't vote for him because the previous guy oversaw the tanking of the economy and lied to get us into wars. McCain got the nomination rather easily because no one wanted it. McCain's record is solidly conservative moreso than the guy who spend most of his life voting democrat and now playing pretend conservative.
    McCain was a moderate at best. I honestly don't know one republican that voted for him, and I am guessing I know more of em then you do.

I don't think Trump is playing "pretend" conservative. I just think the left has gone so far left, everything seems right.

it was a political move he needed a blue dog after the Monica Lewinsky affair kind of like how Obama needed Biden a blue dog to smooth out fears.
    Seriously?... Joe Biden front running Democratic candidate for president is a blue dog... that wants to give medicare to illegals?

Why should I care about his wife? Do you dictate what your SO's opinions?
    He supported her ideas by pushing policies.

McCain was a moderate at best. I honestly don't know one republican that voted for him, and I am guessing I know more of em then you do.

I don't think Trump is playing "pretend" conservative. I just think the left has gone so far left, everything seems right.
    So you're delusional, family values, fiscal responsibility, free trade, free market solutions to environmental policies you know the principles of being a conservative. You are so busy demonizing the left you brush off policies that literally rip babies away from their mothers for shits and giggles. But that's really off topic Trump supporters a cult of personality Trump has no guiding principles aside from looking out for himself.

Seriously?... Joe Biden front running Democratic candidate for president is a blue dog... that wants to give medicare to illegals?
    First you didn't get that question second there's something called his voting record.

He supported her ideas by pushing policies.
    That really doesn't mean anything your wife is a voice in your ear doesn't mean she dictate your platform and banning violent video games wasn't a Gore highlight even with blue dog Lieberman as his running mate.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    If you'd bothered to read your own articles, you'd realize that despite your failed attempt to understand the headline, what it's really saying is that Iowa, like other states, is continuing to grant gun permits to the blind, as doing otherwise would be illegal discrimination. This is not a change, it's the same as it's always been.

This article starts off by talking about firearm transportation and shipping firearms overseas. It only gets into an applicable territory when it talks about him rolling back the provision which converted many SSI recipients into a prohibited class. That rule, mind you, lasted exactly forty days. So no, it wasn't really made easier, it was simply put back the way it was a few weeks earlier.

Oh, look, another article about the exact same thing. I'm sooo glad you bother to read your own articles. I might add, also, that the ACLU as well as many other civil liberty and disability advocates strongly disagreed with the original ruling and cheered when it was was repealed.

Most of this article does the same as previous ones; it talks about transportation and location restrictions, not about obtaining a firearm. The only part of this article that touches on that is stating that Wisconsin did away with a 48-hour waiting period for handguns. How about I counter that with Illinois extending their 3-day waiting period to cover all firearms,Washington extending their 10-day waiting period to cover semi-automatic rifles, and New York extending their 3-day waiting period for delayed transactions to 30 days.

And this article has nothing to do with anything becoming faster or easier. It just arbitrarily states that it's "easy" based on nothing more than opinion. But these are the same or even more rigorous background checks being performed than were done before. It may be a bit of a faster process due to advances in the system via electronic input and response, but that's about it.

So yeah, try again, champ.

- - - Updated - - -

His point wasn't that everyone should be able to have full-auto firearms made available at lemonade stands. His point was that any step to limit both option and availability should have to be eminently justifiable, and not just on a "we shouldn't have these" basis.

I think most of us feel that there's enough basis to warrant restricting access to full-auto firearms and for firearms to not be made available at lemonade stands.
    So he basically just googled headlines and linked them without reading any of it, lol...

- - - Updated - - -

Most mass shootings, do happen more in some places than others. Like cities such as parts of Chicago, Baltimore, etc. But it can happen any place. Remember, for a shooting to be a mass shooting, it does not have to occur in a Walmart or school. What is even more odd, is that Vermont, which has some of the most lax gun laws in the Union, I do not think have ever had any.
    Yeah, they tend to happen in cities where there is tougher gun laws, while out in the country where a lot of people have guns, hardly any shootings. Imagine that...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    dude, I'm pretty pro second amendment, but even I realize there are restrictions needed. Not everyone needs access to military style machine guns. The gun used in the vast amount of shootings in this country is miraculously ignored by most people when it comes to legislation: the semi automatic handgun. Everything else is a blip in statistics.
    Not everyone does. Fully automatic rifles are legal to own in the US, just very expensive and hard to get one however.

And true, handguns however, do not have that scary look of a AR-15. But a good shot can take two or three revolvers into a place where a lot of people are congregated and kill several people. The highest death toll for a school mass shooting, was done with two semi-auto pistols.

But I agree. Some restrictions are needed. Good thing we have some already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, they tend to happen in cities where there is tougher gun laws, while out in the country where a lot of people have guns, hardly any shootings. Imagine that...
    Yep. Most shootings, robberies, murders, etc, happen in places the criminal feels they will be the least opposed with armed force. They know the great majority of their victims ( 90% on average ) are not going to be armed. Chicago and other cities, should tackle the issues they have with mass shootings, with much more presence of the police. Until the root causes can be addressed.

Not everyone does. Fully automatic rifles are legal to own in the US, just very expensive and hard to get one however.

And true, handguns however, do not have that scary look of a AR-15. But a good shot can take two or three revolvers into a place where a lot of people are congregated and kill several people. The highest death toll for a school mass shooting, was done with two semi-auto pistols.

But I agree. Some restrictions are needed. Good thing we have some already.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep. Most shootings, robberies, murders, etc, happen in places the criminal feels they will be the least opposed with armed force. They know the great majority of their victims ( 90% on average ) are not going to be armed. Chicago and other cities, should tackle the issues they have with mass shootings, with much more presence of the police. Until the root causes can be addressed.
    Sad fact is, where most gun crimes happen the majority of people view the police as evil and don't want them there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sad fact is, where most gun crimes happen the majority of people view the police as evil and don't want them there.
    Lol. Yeah. Criminals do not like to be caught. The people who are concerned about criminals need to ether be armed themselves ( which will still not eliminate drive by ambushes ) , or welcome more police presence.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2019-08-14 at 01:14 PM.

He's "moderate" by the standards of the Republican party today, which is pretty much straight up fascist.

The United States of America?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The latest shootings are in the United States of America, where those things happen all the time because of nation-wide poor gun control.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

We need more responsible gun owners to step forth with ideas because the extremes of both sides are making them the only ones who can do anything about it. If nothing is done it will get to the point where they start taking your guns away with sweeping legislation that no one wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    He's "moderate" by the standards of the Republican party today, which is pretty much straight up fascist.

The United States of America?

- - - Updated - - -

The latest shootings are in the United States of America, where those things happen all the time because of nation-wide poor gun control.
    The majority of people are not anti police, despite what rhetoric you and others just to make use believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    I found this to be interesting.....https://www.foxnews.com/world/new-ze...re-gun-buyback

The New Zealand government has bought back over 10,000 firearms following the Christchurch attack in March, according to New Zealand officials.

After an Australian gunman walked into a mosque carrying military-style weapons, killing 51 people, the New Zealand government passed sweeping legislation banning many different firearms and accessories, including automatic and semi-automatic weapons.

Legislators also provided firearms owners with a buy-back program that started in early July and is set to last until Dec. 20.

As of August 11, a total of 10,242 firearms have been turned over for compensation and another 1,269 were given up under amnesty, the Australian SBS News reported.

Even with the buyback program showing good returns, civilian New Zealanders still own an estimated 1.1-1.4 million guns.

11,511 guns have been turned in for money or given up.....out of 1.1 - 1.4 million? Does not sound like a very successful program to me. Similar to Connecticut's mandatory registration, where they have got a very small percentage of the estimated number of firearms in the state registered.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2019-08-14 at 04:48 PM.

I found this to be interesting.....https://www.foxnews.com/world/new-ze...re-gun-buyback

The New Zealand government has bought back over 10,000 firearms following the Christchurch attack in March, according to New Zealand officials.

After an Australian gunman walked into a mosque carrying military-style weapons, killing 51 people, the New Zealand government passed sweeping legislation banning many different firearms and accessories, including automatic and semi-automatic weapons.

Legislators also provided firearms owners with a buy-back program that started in early July and is set to last until Dec. 20.

As of August 11, a total of 10,242 firearms have been turned over for compensation and another 1,269 were given up under amnesty, the Australian SBS News reported.

Even with the buyback program showing good returns, civilian New Zealanders still own an estimated 1.1-1.4 million guns.

11,511 guns have been turned in for money or given up.....out of 1.1 - 1.4 million? Does not sound like a very successful program to me. Similar to Connecticut's mandatory registration, where they have got a very small percentage of the estimated number of firearms in the state registered.
    Yeah it's just a lot of smoke and mirrors so politicians can say they did something and people feel better about themselves.

So you're delusional, family values, fiscal responsibility, free trade, free market solutions to environmental policies you know the principles of being a conservative. You are so busy demonizing the left you brush off policies that literally rip babies away from their mothers for shits and giggles. But that's really off topic Trump supporters a cult of personality Trump has no guiding principles aside from looking out for himself.

First you didn't get that question second there's something called his voting record.

That really doesn't mean anything your wife is a voice in your ear doesn't mean she dictate your platform and banning violent video games wasn't a Gore highlight even with blue dog Lieberman as his running mate.
    bottom line, the left started the "video games cause violence". So you were WRONG in demonizing and saying "it is all right wing"

Then you start going down the rabbit hole cause you are so wrapped up in your tribalism you can't say "shit I didn't realize that"

Regardless it is off topic, and frankly discussing it w/you is like trying to teach algebra to a pig. You are to loyal to your tribe.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    We need more responsible gun owners to step forth with ideas because the extremes of both sides are making them the only ones who can do anything about it. If nothing is done it will get to the point where they start taking your guns away with sweeping legislation that no one wants.
    I proposed earlier that when you get your drivers license or something you could opt to pay a small additional fee that would do a background check on you proving that you are eligible to purchase firearms. Doesn't say if you own any, but it must be presented every time you purchase a gun or ammo.

If you break the law, in any way that deems you might not be "safe" to have a firearm, they will confiscate your card. If it is a really bad they could issue a warrant to search your home for fire arms.

bottom line, the left started the "video games cause violence". So you were WRONG in demonizing and saying "it is all right wing"
    Then prove it with citation because all you got is blue dog Joe Lieberman.
    Last edited by Draco-Onis; 2019-08-14 at 05:23 PM.