Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr4vitas View Post
    Do you know how many people willingly died for the second amendment?
    If anyone gave their life SPEFICIFALLY to save their right to bear arms, then I call them morons who wasted their life on an outdated ideal. If you're talking about service members that gave their lives in defence of our nation, then I say they were defending the constitution and the American way of life, not specifically gun rights.

Saying that any part of the constitution is more important than the lives of the people it was written to protect is outright and willfull ignorance. Most likely spoken by a scared person who believes a few guns will save him from a tyrannical government that wields the most effective military in history.

Once people like you realize that it's your voice, not your guns, that is you most effective weapon the nation will be much better off.

Quote Originally Posted by Humblemumble View Post
    Once people like you realize that it's your voice, not your guns, that is you most effective weapon the nation will be much better off.
    So, if I'm walking on a street and get mugged, use my voice?

Mugger: Herp Derp I've got a knife.
    Me: GASP! What do I do, I don't have a gun, damnit, WAIT, Humble told me to use my voice!
    Mugger: wat
    Me: You're a terrible human being for doing this and if you want money so bad get a job?
    Mugger: ...
    Me: Well it appears I've been stabbed, at least I tried, right Humble?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I think I would save michal jordan's life. That guy was just such a great singer
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I don't pay for food for anyone I'm not sleeping with and you shouldn't either.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anyone gave their life SPEFICIFALLY to save their right to bear arms, then I call them morons who wasted their life on an outdated ideal. If you're talking about service members that gave their lives in defence of our nation, then I say they were defending the constitution and the American way of life, not specifically gun rights.

Saying that any part of the constitution is more important than the lives of the people it was written to protect is outright and willfull ignorance. Most likely spoken by a scared person who believes a few guns will save him from a tyrannical government that wields the most effective military in history.

So your just going to dismiss the American Revolution and the thousands of lives given literally so we could write a constitution and bill of rights?

You sir don't understand anything about freedom.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicarus View Post
    So, if I'm walking on a street and get mugged, use my voice?

Mugger: Herp Derp I've got a knife.
    Me: GASP! What do I do, I don't have a gun, damnit, WAIT, Humble told me to use my voice!
    Mugger: wat
    Me: You're a terrible human being for doing this and if you want money so bad get a job?
    Mugger: ...
    Me: Well it appears I've been stabbed, at least I tried, right Humble?
    And your answer to being mugged is to "attempt" to pull a gun on a person that already has a knife on you? I don't think you've thought out your straw man very well. And for the record, any law enforcement agency will tell you that, when getting mugged, just comply. If you honestly believe the few hundred dollars you may have on you is worth more than your life or the lives of the people your with then you deserve the stabbing you will surely recieve as you reach for your concealed gun.

We have cops. Swallow your pride for a bit, give the guy what he wants and live another day.

Now, if you have something more constructive than an arguement an adolescent would use, I would love to hear it.

10+ Year Old Account
    And your answer to being mugged is to "attempt" to pull a gun on a person that already has a knife on you? I don't think you've thought out your straw man very well. And for the record, any law enforcement agency will tell you that, when getting mugged, just comply. If you honestly believe the few hundred dollars you may have on you is worth more than your life or the lives of the people your with then you deserve the stabbing you will surely recieve as you reach for your concealed gun.

We have cops. Swallow your pride for a bit, give the guy what he wants and live another day.

Now, if you have something more constructive than an arguement an adolescent would use, I would love to hear it.
    So we're just supposed to give everyone our shit when they come up to us armed and asking for our wallet?

What about when a man goes to rape a woman? Is it better for her to be raped than for anyone to die as an outcome? Or would it be better for her to pull her .38 and shoot the fucker dead.

I'll go with the latter, every damn day of the week.

Stood in the Fire Constellation's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why do you all even care to discuss this? We ALL know that whether the guns are banned or not, the criminals will always have guns anyways.

Are we gonna have a "War on Guns" now aswell? Fight guns with guns? Yeah.

What people fail to see is that it is people who kills, not the guns.

The real question, does the burglar find my $30 I keep in my wallet worth getting shot over?

Deleted
    So we're just supposed to give everyone our shit when they come up to us armed and asking for our wallet?

What about when a man goes to rape a woman? Is it better for her to be raped than for anyone to die as an outcome? Or would it be better for her to pull her .38 and shoot the fucker dead.

I'll go with the latter, every damn day of the week.
    It would be better for the woman to have a non-lethal weapon as electric taser gun or gas/rubber bullet gun to elimate the threat but not kill the attacker. That's what any logical person would do, unless you are in the US where it's cheaper and easyer to get a lethal gun, making it not to be used as a last option but more as a first option in any case.

Add to that the improper use or no training at all of the one pulling the trigger making even the most justified shooting be a very dangerous scenario once it's done in public, as in on the streets with rogue bullets flying arround.
    Last edited by mmoc0127ab56ff; 2013-02-02 at 02:32 PM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    -Did you know that most local law enforcement would prefer to have their law abiding citizens armed for the sheer fact that it's much easier for them to respond to a call where the person is capable of protecting themselves?! Crazy ass concept.
    -The term "assault rifle" is just a worthless term the media and everyone ignorant person uses to describe .223 or .308 rifles that are dressed to look like the military style M16 or M4. There maybe no difference between the function of them. However there is no difference in function of a rifle, pistol, or shotgun other than the range at which they are effective. I find it ironic that regardless of which weapon is used they are almost always used at close range, no more than 25 feet away.
    -For those of you who seem to think there is no point in owning a rifle with the "high" capacity magazine, what happens when the government uses military force against us? To bend us to their will, and do what ever they want? We would need some way to protect ourselves and these "assault rifles" would be the equivalent of what they use. However I forgot that a good majority of the American population is happy being a sheep with its wool over it's eyes and they love the free handouts.

You obviously underestimate the reaction time of human beings.

Of course you don't reach for your gun, at first, but you have to think about it, obviously you think I'm some sort of vigilante cock-sure stubborn person who would zealotly fight for my life.

So how about I get to assume things about you now?

Obviously you want to ban guns because at some point in your life you've been hurt emotionally and/or mentally by someone who's owned guns. And now you have to take it out on people who don't even know you.

Or perhaps you just believe everything your told? I'm gullible as hell but even I don't believe everything.

Now I don't actually believe that, but it's rude as fuck to assume.

By the way, we don't have cops on street corners. And cops are under no obligation to legally help you.

Also if he takes my wallet completely, then I have to aquire everything that was stolen all over again.

Now if you have something better to say that isn't using as many big words as you can and be passively-aggressively insulting and condescending to make yourself have the appearance of knowing more than I do, please, we'd all be glad to hear it.
    Last edited by Sicarus; 2013-02-02 at 02:34 PM.
    I think I would save michal jordan's life. That guy was just such a great singer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by naturestorm View Post
    It would be better for the woman to have a non-lethal weapon as electric taser gun or gas/rubber bullet gun to elimate the threat but not kill the attacker. That's what any logical person would do, unless you are in the US where it's cheaper and easyer to get a lethal gun, making it not to be used as a last option but more as a first option in any case.

Add to that the improper use or no training at all of the one pulling the trigger making even the most justified shooting be a very dangerous scenario once it's done in public, as in on the streets with rogue bullets flying arround.
    And what happens when a tazer doesn't work because she's 1/5 as strong as a man over twice her size? Oh well? Or what if the attacker has a gun pointed in her face?

Deleted
    And what happens when a tazer doesn't work because she's 1/5 as strong as a man over twice her size? Oh well? Or what if the attacker has a gun pointed in her face?
    To many "what if". You can add also "what if the guy is not a guy and a gang of guys all armed" or "what if he she misses all the rounds and doesn't hit the target", still doesn't change the logic. Gun used as a last case scenario, never as first. When you are ok with guns, guns everywhere and everyone pulling it as a first reaction you are not safer then when not having any guns. And I do think US is past that point, making guns this days by their abundance legal or illegal not valid for making the place a safer place.

If you miss with a taser, which is very likely, you're fucked.

So what if it's cheaper to get a taser than it is a gun? Ever think that maybe, just maybe, Tasers might be more expensive to produce?

First option is the best option, it's better to rid a murderer from the world than it is to let him sit in a prison and soak up money.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Put yourself in the attackers spot for just a second.
    Scenario 1- girl you're attacking pulls out mace. Not the least beat intimidating. I've been pepper sprayed for military training. Shit hurts but will far from stopping you when you're determined.
    Scenario 2- girl you're attacking pulls out a taser. If she gets the shot off yes it will stun you. However most women hesitate when it comes to pulling the trigger on a taser.
    Scenario 3- girl you're attacking pulls out a 9mm or .40. Points it at your face. Holy shit we have a completely different outcome here. Not only is it a shock factor but to have a concealed carry permit you have to receive training and actually shoot with the weapon. OMG this woman knows how to shoot.

The point in owning any weapon and having a rifle in the house is to protect what you hold most dear in your life. Don't worry if your house is in trouble and I live next to you... I won't waste my ammo. I'll assume you'll come out with your life still intact. Oh and if you're still murdered I won't mourn your death.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicarus View Post
    First option is the best option, it's better to rid a murderer from the world than it is to let him sit in a prison and soak up money.
    It's sad you feel that way in the "most democratic" country where you are not a criminal untill prove so by the justice system. Why not apply executions and no trial then? Wierd logic you have there, I do think you should get it checked out.

The point in owning any weapon and having a rifle in the house is to protect what you hold most dear in your life. Don't worry if your house is in trouble and I live next to you... I won't waste my ammo. I'll assume you'll come out with your life still intact. Oh and if you're still murdered I won't mourn your death.
    So unless you have a gun you are not protected right? Good logic, im sure that's why you don't have a fence outside your property, no lock at your main door or home security system. Only the gun can keep you safe! Exactly that poor logic needs to change if you want to change as a nation, or you will keep having "accidents", "shootings" in the news daily, more often.
    Last edited by mmoc0127ab56ff; 2013-02-02 at 02:46 PM.

To many "what if". You can add also "what if the guy is not a guy and a gang of guys all armed" or "what if he she misses all the rounds and doesn't hit the target", still doesn't change the logic. Gun used as a last case scenario, never as first. When you are ok with guns, guns everywhere and everyone pulling it as a first reaction you are not safer then when not having any guns. And I do think US is past that point, making guns this days by their abundance legal or illegal not valid for making the place a safer place.
    Your assessment makes it sound as though muggings happen infront of everyone, or, that everyone is going to just shoot people for looking at them with a scary face.

IF, what you said is true, than in Texas, you'd hear stories about thousands of death every day due to CCL holders. But you don't, because people aren't as stupid as you insultingly assume they are.

The United States or anywhere else is not past that point. Where is your proof that guns don't make a safer society? Mine is Kennesaw, Georgia, since passing that every home is mandated to own at least one gun, Crime has went down spectacularly.

http://www.cityrating.com/crime-stat.../kennesaw.html

But please, show me your proof that guns cause a less safer society.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's sad you feel that way in the "most democratic" country where you are not a criminal untill prove so by the justice system. Why not apply executions and no trial then? Wierd logic you have there, I do think you should get it checked out.
    I really wonder where you get your idea from that America is the most democratic country.. Have you taken a look at where this country is going?

#1, tasers are still cheaper than guns in the US

#2, just because you have a gun, doesn't always mean you have to shoot. I always give the opportunity to surrender. If they decide to pull a weapon or attack me, then they get shot.

You can't get a CHL without getting background checks and taking qualifications.

The Supreme Court said that police officers have no obligation to protect you.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

So unless you have a gun you are not protected right? Good logic, im sure that's why you don't have a fence outside your property, no lock at your main door or home security system. Only the gun can keep you safe! Exactly that poor logic needs to change if you want to change as a nation, or you will keep having "accidents", "shootings" in the news daily, more often.
    A fence, locked door, or security system will more than likely not stop an intruder. Not everyone owns a security system. Which then you still have to wait for the police to respond which is an astounding 18 minute average response time. A lot of shit can happen in that time frame. And as people have stated before the police have no legal obligation to protect you..