Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

10+ Year Old Account
    If anyone wants to get angry

In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themerlin View Post
    DAMN!!!!!!!!!!

Can I be omnicient as yourself?

Calming effect! just have your wife/girl/husband/boy slap you a few times, you will feel right as new.

Exercise does a much better job at calming a person and relieving stress, leave it to an American to make shooting a therapeutic exercise, where all they have to do is move a finger.
    I never said anything about exercise, just that it was calming, which it can be. And exercise is hardly calming.

Target shooting requires a great deal to be done properly, its not "spray and pray".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    So ban the guns not used in crimes.
    What sense does that make?
    Handguns is what you want to ban.

- - - Updated - - -

Cars or having a license to drive a car is a privilege.
    In America according to our constitution it is a right (to own a firearm) not a privilege so stop the comparisons.
    So many Americans take the Bible literally. So that would mean, that according to a book, supposedly written thousands of years ago by old, white bearded men, we should stone women for sleeping around and cheating. Right?

Nostalgia of a time long gone rules America. Your constitution is misinterpreted. Freaging read it for once, maybe some understanding of your own constitution can be reached.

Comparisons are what we have to learn by, otherwise history would just be a shit stain on the floor we try to ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    If anyone wants to get angry
    Women.. /facepalm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Sunrise View Post
    Try doing that shit with arthritis, boy.
    What does exercise mean to you, .... light exercise is recomended for patients with Arthritis...so ..dont get it?

I would not recomend anyone with severe Arthritis to be shooting any kind of a weapon.

Kind of hard to hold a gun...dontcha think?
    Last edited by Themerlin; 2013-08-20 at 11:50 PM.

So many Americans take the Bible literally. So that would mean, that according to a book, supposedly written thousands of years ago by old, white bearded men, we should stone women for sleeping around and cheating. Right?

Nostalgia of a time long gone rules America. Your constitution is misinterpreted. Freaging read it for once, maybe some understanding of your own constitution can be reached.

Comparisons are what we have to learn by, otherwise history would just be a shit stain on the floor we try to ignore.
    Well currently it is the law of the land so you have to take it literally.

10+ Year Old Account

Man, I love getting stoned after sleeping around! Maybe I've been wrong about this Bible thing...

On topic, some of the people who wrote the 2nd amendment also wrote other stuff about it. You should read that stuff before making this claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    What does exercise mean to you, .... light exercise is recomended for patients with Arthritis...so ..dont get it?
    Light exercise. Many need heavy to get the effects that you talk out your ass about.

15+ Year Old Account
    DAMN!!!!!!!!!!

Can I be omnicient as yourself?

Calming effect! just have your wife/girl/husband/boy slap you a few times, you will feel right as new.

Exercise does a much better job at calming a person and relieving stress, leave it to an American to make shooting a therapeutic exercise, where all they have to do is move a finger.
    hey look another person spouting off on stuff they have no clue on looking like an ignorant fool

Infracted - please do not insult other posters
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2013-08-21 at 05:52 AM.
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

10+ Year Old Account

It has been ruled that the 2nd Amendment grants the right of citizens to have firearms. That is the LEGAL interpretation by OUR courts concerning OUR Constitution. Here is a shocker for you, the ONLY interpretation that matters is what the SCOTUS says it means.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelayah View Post
    That's an assault rifle. Assault weapon is a term made up by ignorant politicians.
    Now if only we could get politicians away from making legislation about things they don't know jack about. Like science, environment, guns, and pretty much anything that doesn't have to do with money or law.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account

I would not recomend anyone with severe Arthritis to be shooting any kind of a weapon.

Kind of hard to hold a gun...dontcha think?
    My father would disagree with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    Now if only we could get politicians away from making legislation about things they don't know jack about. Like science, environment, guns, and pretty much anything that doesn't have to do with money or law.
    Mmm, speak technocracy to me baby...
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be damn nice. Add abortion into the major list of things to avoid too.

Should clarify that. Leave it to people that actually have half an idea on the issue rather than cultural reservations about it.
    Last edited by Gemini Sunrise; 2013-08-20 at 11:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    It has been ruled that the 2nd Amendment grants the right of citizens to have firearms. That is the LEGAL interpretation by OUR courts concerning OUR Constitution. Here is a shocker for you, the ONLY interpretation that matters is what the SCOTUS says it means.
    The common law also states that regulation of firearms is constitutional. So.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Which common law?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Regulation has its limits, that's why DC's ban was slapped down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Well currently it is the law of the land so you have to take it literally.
    The problem is, gun loving hicks have translated the second ammendment into the rubbish you currently believe as law.

An unclear law about life threatening weapons shows so much about your current society.

Dichotomy in its fullest.

The mentally ill, especially schizophrenics show dichotomous thinking.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Sunrise View Post
    That would be damn nice. Add abortion into the major list of things to avoid too.

Should clarify that. Leave it to people that actually have half an idea on the issue rather than cultural reservations about it.
    I've always thought that actual experts should be the lawmakers, or at least trusted consultants to the actual lawmakers. Having hyper religious zealots on the science board is one of the many things that makes me go "wtf".
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always thought that actual experts should be the lawmakers, or at least trusted consultants to the actual lawmakers. Having hyper religious zealots on the science board is one of the many things that makes me go "wtf".
    Note how I said "rather than those with cultural reservations about it". They can advise, sure. But that'd be pretty much it. Pretty much the only reason I take it that way is those with the apprehension about the procedure don't have to have it done, while the lack of it just harms that do.

And yeah, advisors to lawmakers would be great. I suppose bribes might be a problem for some, of course.
    Last edited by Gemini Sunrise; 2013-08-21 at 12:05 AM.