Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    What exactly are you thanking the person for unless making a very long lost and responding to each point while evading the larger question. Why are the AR-15 Bush Master legal. You do not use them for hunting. The number of bullets released from one pull of the trigger even for a semi-automatic still is the majority weapon used in the Movies. Killed 27 kids and 7 adults.

These are all facts confirmed by several news outlet. I have no heard a legit counter proposal why they need this weapon. YIf we were talking about a hand gun. I would understand you have a right to carry that weapon as long it is concealed with a permit then you can carry on said person. Expect for all the responding a full legit reason why this Militarty Style Assult Rifle should be open to the general public.

However today as of now is Saturday. The new congress comes into Act on Tuesday. That's three days away. After we overcome the Fiscal Cliff these are the kind of things that will be pushed through congress. Will the NRA defy them? Of course the NRA own a business of selling guns. Any ban would massively hurt their income. But its the moral right thing to do.

When you have mass murders. Lets not count the fire fighter that was killed with a 223-Bush Master. Then if 20 kids with 7 adults dying doesn't change your attitude on weapons. Nothing will.
    Can you tell me what the diff in a AR 15 and a bushmaster AR 15 is please..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I do not care, not even a tiny little bit. People in other countries having misinformed opinions of the US is not a reason to change policy.
    If it starts discouraging people from coming over to the USA, or investing there, then it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by ugotownd View Post
    This is exactly the kind of post that some Pro Guns users use. Let alone that I have asked Why they need this certain weapon. Theyre only objective is to try and discredit by claiming the person knows NOTHING about weapons. Therefore EVERYTHING they say must be discredited. AKA I already know the answer and I'm just seeing if you know it.

The overall picture these weapons are dangerous. Not just hand guns dangerous you have to fire one bullet for each time you pull the trigger. Dangerous as Military Weapons should not be in the hands of the average person. You are IGNORING the larger picture in your mission to try to prove smarter then me. Now Texas Law all you have to do is pass a background check and you can walk out with a weapon.

As to answer your question. An AR-15 is a bush master

The AR-15 was first built by ArmaLite as a selective fire rifle for the United States armed forces. Because of financial problems, ArmaLite sold the AR-15 design to Colt. The select-fire AR-15 entered the US military system as the M16 rifle. Colt then marketed the Colt AR-15 as a semi-automatic version of the M16 rifle for civilian sales in 1963.[8] Although the name "AR-15" remains a Colt registered trademark, variants of the firearm are independently made, modified and sold under various names by multiple manufacturers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AR-15

Deleted
    This is exactly the kind of post that some Pro Guns users use. Let alone that I have asked Why they need this certain weapon. Theyre only objective is to try and discredit by claiming the person knows NOTHING about weapons. Therefore EVERYTHING they say must be discredited.
    A law is being passed to ban a certain category of weapons. Perhaps it'd be a good idea for the people talking about the law to actually have an idea of what it means ?
    Democrats are wasting their time, they should work on restricting semi-automatics but it's probably not going to happen now that they've missed their opportunity. Oh well, there's always the next time a massacre happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilu View Post
    A law is being passed to ban a certain category of weapons. Perhaps it'd be a good idea for the people talking about the law to actually have an idea of what it means ?
    Democrats are wasting their time, they should work on restricting semi-automatics but it's probably not going to happen now that they've missed their opportunity. Oh well, there's always the next time a massacre happens.
    I have no idea what you mean at all. They missed nothing. This fear and Paranoia. Not all. But some Gun Users have. If they cannot discredit a person to acting like its not going to happen. When in truth it actually is taking place. On Jan 1st. This upcoming Tuesday the new congress goes into session. They are reforming the senate so the majority party has most of the day.

That means Dems.

Even at least a few republicans have come to the table and said they would consider it. I may have missed a news article. Where does it say this is falling apart in their hands and no plans to go after it.

This is a pattern. We shouldn't wait for the next time someone snaps to do something. 20 kids were killed. Is that not enough reason. The sole weapon he used was the AR-15 Bush Master.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilu View Post
    If it starts discouraging people from coming over to the USA, or investing there, then it will be.
    That's vanishingly unlikely. I think I'd just as soon pass on immigrants that are sufficiently irrational as to be scared of spectacularly rare events anyway.

I have no idea what you mean at all. They missed nothing. This fear and Paranoia. Not all. But some Gun Users have. If they cannot discredit a person to acting like its not going to happen. When in truth it actually is taking place. On Jan 1st. This upcoming Tuesday the new congress goes into session. They are reforming the senate so the majority party has most of the day.

That means Dems.

Even at least a few republicans have come to the table and said they would consider it. I may have missed a news article. Where does it say this is falling apart in their hands and no plans to go after it.

This is a pattern. We shouldn't wait for the next time someone snaps to do something. 20 kids were killed. Is that not enough reason. The sole weapon he used was the AR-15 Bush Master.
    Lets play a game.

Who is the Senate Majority leader? Harry Reid.

Who sets the Senate agenda? The Senate Majority leader.

What state is Harry Reid from? Nevada.

Is Harry Reid pro-gun control or pro-gun rights? Pro-gun rights.

Is Nevada a pro-gun control or pro-gun rights state? Pro-gun rights.

Will someone get elected or reelected in Nevada if the voters think that person is anything but 100% pro-gun rights? No.

Does Harry Reid like his job? Yes.

Your turn.

What are the chances that the Senate Majority leader, Pro-gun rights Senator Harry Reid from Nevada, will allow this to come up for a vote?

The sole weapon he used was the AR-15 Bush Master.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNRqp9pcfY8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqpjJ6P-NSQ

according to these sources no rifle was used at all it was in the car.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ugotownd View Post
    Bushmaster is just a brand, known for being a bit cheap and crappy. Many different brands all produce the same style rifle, quality depends on how much you are willing to pay but they are all equally as deadly.

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 06:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNRqp9pcfY8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqpjJ6P-NSQ

according to these sources no rifle was used at all it was in the car.
    That looked an awful lot like a shotgun to me, they even ejected a cartridge from it.

For clarification:

The AR in AR-15 stands for ArmaLite not Assault Rifle. ArmaLite originally designed the rifle.

Bushmaster is just a brand/manufacturer -- like Nike, Pepsi, and Microsoft.

In fact, the cheapest Bushmaster is typically around $900. Since plenty of other AR-15 rifles can be had for as little as $500, on could rule out the cost of the weapon as a contributing factor if shooters were truly using Bushmasters.

A magazine uses a spring to feed rounds, a clip does not. To my immediate knowledge, there are no civilian semi-automatic weapons that use a clip outside of the M1 -- which was used in WWII and is not very common outside of collectors.

A 30rd. magazine is considered the standard capacity for an AR-15. High capacity would be anything more than 30.

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 12:25 PM ----------

That's a shotgun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jmt View Post
    For clarification:

The AR in AR-15 stands for ArmaLite not Assault Rifle. ArmaLite originally designed the rifle.

Bushmaster is just a brand/manufacturer -- like Nike, Pepsi, and Microsoft.

In fact, the cheapest Bushmaster is typically around $900. Since plenty of other AR-15 rifles can be had for as little as $500, on could rule out the cost of the weapon as a contributing factor if shooters were truly using Bushmasters.

A magazine uses a spring to feed rounds, a clip does not. To my immediate knowledge, there are no civilian semi-automatic weapons that use a clip outside of the M1 -- which was used in WWII and is not very common outside of collectors.

A 30rd. magazine is considered the standard capacity for an AR-15. High capacity would be anything more than 30.
    the SKS, a very popular rifle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SKS

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Bushmaster is just a brand, known for being a bit cheap and crappy. Many different brands all produce the same style rifle, quality depends on how much you are willing to pay but they are all equally as deadly.

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 06:22 PM ----------

That looked an awful lot like a shotgun to me, they even ejected a cartridge from it.
    if you look at the rifle in the first 2seconds of the video looks like he takes the mag off. i had to keep rewinding to see it. that and the fact the second video also says it was a rifle.

Yup. We have a butt load of Chinese, Russian, and Yugo SKSs here.

A lot of people use it for deer hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Extrazero8 View Post
    Lets play a game.

Who is the Senate Majority leader? Harry Reid.

Who sets the Senate agenda? The Senate Majority leader.

What state is Harry Reid from? Nevada.

Is Harry Reid pro-gun control or pro-gun rights? Pro-gun rights.

Is Nevada a pro-gun control or pro-gun rights state? Pro-gun rights.

Will someone get elected or reelected in Nevada if the voters think that person is anything but 100% pro-gun rights? No.

Does Harry Reid like his job? Yes.

Your turn.

What are the chances that the Senate Majority leader, Pro-gun rights Senator Harry Reid from Nevada, will allow this to come up for a vote?

Who is the President? Obama

What did the President give Joe Biden the task of doing just last week? setting up a task force for guns

Who is the senate Majority leader? Harry Reid?

Is Harry a Dem? Yes

Some people are seriously under estimating when the White House said just last week that Joe Biden was leading a task force. Silence. Nothing. When Obama came out to respond in a you tube video printed on the front of this thread. Silence. My point is why do some people seem to deny reality? It says right on the front page.

On Jan 1. That's on Tuesday when the new congress starts they have already actively been saying this to almost ANYONE who would listen. How is it logical for them to make this big marks. Only to deny at the very very last minute and cave in like a house of cards. The answer..it doesn't you are both defying logic and rational reason when you expect it to fall apart before even reaching the senate.

I don't mind comments from Pro Gun people. I actually encourage it. But you are asking me to believe that its just a bunch of smoke the Dems and Some Republicans saying ALL these things just not doing them.

This is not about banning all weapons. This isn't even a gun. Its an assault rifle.

Deleted
    if you look at the rifle in the first 2seconds of the video looks like he takes the mag off. i had to keep rewinding to see it. that and the fact the second video also says it was a rifle.
    Go to 14 seconds in, you can see spare cartridges on the stock of the weapon itself, something only a shotgun would typically have.

if i could figure out how to post pics >.< i would so ill will just link you my rifle which also has cartridges on the stock. just about any rifle can do it.

http://s1154.beta.photobucket.com/us...tml?sort=3&o=6

Who is the President? Obama

What did the President give Joe Biden the task of doing just last week? setting up a task force for guns

Who is the senate Majority leader? Harry Reid?

Is Harry a Dem? Yes

Some people are seriously under estimating when the White House said just last week that Joe Biden was leading a task force. Silence. Nothing. When Obama came out to respond in a you tube video printed on the front of this thread. Silence. My point is why do some people seem to deny reality? It says right on the front page.

On Jan 1. That's on Tuesday when the new congress starts they have already actively been saying this to almost ANYONE who would listen. How is it logical for them to make this big marks. Only to deny at the very very last minute and cave in like a house of cards. The answer..it doesn't you are both defying logic and rational reason when you expect it to fall apart before even reaching the senate.

I don't mind comments from Pro Gun people. I actually encourage it. But you are asking me to believe that its just a bunch of smoke the Dems and Some Republicans saying ALL these things just not doing them.

This is not about banning all weapons. This isn't even a gun. Its an assault rifle.
    Obama is not a king and doesn't have the power you think he does. The task force doesn't have any powers. Its only going to be able to write a report and make recommendations. No one has any obligation to follow them.

There isn't going to be a ban on any guns. There might be a magazine law come forward but I don't think it has much of a chance unless republicans make a deal on the fiscal cliff.

Deleted
    if i could figure out how to post pics >.< i would so ill will just link you my rifle which also has cartridges on the stock. just about any rifle can do it.

http://s1154.beta.photobucket.com/us...tml?sort=3&o=6
    The round ejected on the video was much larger, I am pretty certain is was a semi auto shotgun, hence the reason they were working the cocking handle on the side. Also look at 15 seconds in on the video, pretty sure those are shotgun cartridges.

Quote Originally Posted by Extrazero8 View Post
    Obama is not a king and doesn't have the power you think he does. The task force doesn't have any powers. Its only going to be able to write a report and make recommendations. No one has any obligation to follow them.

There isn't going to be a ban on any guns. There might be a magazine law come forward but I don't think it has much of a chance unless republicans make a deal on the fiscal cliff.
    Its interesting. The Deadline for said Cliff expires this upcoming Tuesday. I never said a ban on guns. I said a ban on assault weapons. In either case they will try. The Dems control the White House. A majority of the senate. If they were somehow to win the House they would be able to sign any bill they want. Republicans lost badly in the last election. Losing both Flordia and Ohio states that have went red in the past.

I only state that because even according to a CNN Poll Obama has the highest approval rating in years. People re-elected him knowing his position. You keep saying Liberals when Mitt Romney in his state as Gov signed a bill that would ban assault weapons. Its not like no dems own guns either. They do. This isn't a liberal issue. Its an American issue.

The SKS is more of a hybrid. My father has a Chinese SKS. It can be used with stripper clips, but they're loaded into an attached magazine. Only reason I didn't mention it.

Also, I saw the shells in that video on the butt stock. That's what clued me into a shotgun as well. Something like:

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/f...ersuaderwA.jpg