Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    So? More people are killed with cancer? What does a tool useful for millions of tasks have to do with weapons?
    Because when you bash peoples skulls in with it, it becomes a weapon not a tool.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    It's just massively distorted on a new level that even MSNBC or CNN dare not to go. In fact a study shown people who watch Fox News know less then those who watch NO NEWS
    It's just massively distorted on a new level that even MSNBC or CNN dare not to go.
    It's just massively distorted on a new level

You mean like this? http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...HhnS_blog.html
    "Oh, wretched ephemeral race, children of chance and misery, why do you compel me to tell you what it would be more expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is utterly beyond your reach; not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. But the second best for you is --- to die soon." Silenus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Because when you bash peoples skulls in with it, it becomes a weapon not a tool.
    But a hammer is for nails. Guns are for killing. Tool vs weapon.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shooting small objects you mean, a long way?
    "Oh, wretched ephemeral race, children of chance and misery, why do you compel me to tell you what it would be more expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is utterly beyond your reach; not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. But the second best for you is --- to die soon." Silenus

Well if I only shoot at targets like in gun shooting competitions then wouldn't my gun be a tool? It isn't killing anything.

If I buy a hammer to murder, isn't it just a weapon? If I buy a rifle just for target shooting, isn't it just a tool?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    If I buy a hammer to murder, isn't it just a weapon? If I buy a rifle just for target shooting, isn't it just a tool?
    No, and no. A gun that does not fire projectile bullets at rapid pace in the imitation of destruction isn't a gun. A car hitting someone is being misused.

Teleology ftw.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.

A gun that does not fire projectile bullets at rapid pace in the imitation of destruction isn't a gun.
    What is it then?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    Back to bashing the person as uneducated who cannot tell you a textbook definition. Oh my. I see. Why when you lose, you always circle back to that. It's old.
    Actually, this wasn't about textbook definitions at all. Wikipedia isn't going to tell you that an AR-15 is as effective as a similar full-auto weapon in a combat situation, that's my whole point.

If you haven't handled long guns personally, you're not going to know that full-auto on a weapon with a 30 round magazine is completely useless and semi-auto is the only relevant mode to use.

That's why it's so pathetic that people with no firearms experience are trying to regulate firearms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    What is it then?
    It's a brick? A cup? Anything that isn't a gun.

No, and no. A gun that does not fire projectile bullets at rapid pace in the imitation of destruction isn't a gun. A car hitting someone is being misused.

Teleology ftw.
    I think someone is very mistaken, on purpose, for the sake of making a point.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Teleology ftw.
    So, a gun that doesn't fire "at rapid pace" is not a gun? A car hitting someone is misused? Your wording is ambiguous at best, intentional deceitful at worst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I think someone is very mistaken, on purpose, for the sake of making a point.
    I think it's blatantly obvious and you're confusticating it to make a nonsense point; a gun is for shooting bullets at high speed that should kill and a hammer is for nails.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's blatantly obvious and you're confusticating it to make a nonsense point; a gun is for shooting bullets at high speed that should kill and a hammer is for nails.
    No, again.

A "hammer" is a modified "club" whose intended purpose was "to kill." Later, became for "nails".

No, you are over simplifying both. Hammers are used for a wide variety of things. Intent is also very important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Todgruppe View Post
    No, again.

A "hammer" is a modified "club" whose intended purpose was "to kill." Later, became for "nails".
    No it isn't. What the hell? Are you seriously saying a hammer was invented to kill despite the club - the weapon - already existing and does the same job?

Next step; scaffolding was invented for killing because it looks a bit like a spear.

No, you are over simplifying both. Hammers are used for a wide variety of things. Intent is also very important.
    I am not. A gun has one, sole purpose, one way to judge it - its effective manner of destruction. Hammers are known for nails.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    No it isn't. What the hell? Are you seriously saying a hammer was invented to kill despite the club - the weapon - already existing and does the same job?

Next step; scaffolding was invented for killing because it looks a bit like a spear.
    No, what I was doing was mocking you. They are both tools.

I am not. A gun has one, sole purpose, one way to judge it - its effective manner of destruction. Hammers are known for nails.
    Does Fused have two accounts now?
    Last edited by Todgruppe; 2013-02-07 at 09:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Todgruppe View Post
    No, what I was doing was mocking you. They are both tools.
    No, a tool is for manufacture. A weapon is for destruction. A tool can be misused to destroy, for sure, but it has a different purpose. A weapon is for killing.

Guns are for killing. Marksmanship contests are practice for using a weapon for killing. What else is it for?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, a tool is for manufacture. A weapon is for destruction. A tool can be misused to destroy, for sure, but it has a different purpose. A weapon is for killing.

Guns are for killing. Marksmanship contests are practice for using a weapon for killing. What else is it for?
    Implying, people don't use it for killing they are using it wrong? You put words/thought to undone or unspoken actions. How? Magic, I assume.

Scaffolding looks nothing like spears lol. Scaffolding is a very loose term to begin with. Also, again, hammers are used for many many many things.

Hammer is also a very loose term. "War Hammer" is a hammer for killing. Some guns are designed around target shooting. Not all are made specifically for murdering people.