Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    But Trump is not my guy he is your guy shouldn't your lot be trusting him to take care of you. If anything liberals should be lining up for guns since we think he's a moron but to you guys he can do no wrong.
    left wing authoritarians can never understand because in their mind this makes sense.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

But Trump is not my guy he is your guy shouldn't your lot be trusting him to take care of you. If anything liberals should be lining up for guns since we think he's a moron but to you guys he can do no wrong.
    Ah, well if you're not trying to have a real conversation to understand things, then I'll just step aside.

Of course we trust our god king, but you need to remember the Shadow Government is thwarting him as much as they can. It's all media lies and part of the plan! Same way Huawei controls the nano-virus via your phone, duh.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    As I said, if you want to elevate it to paranoia in your mind, so be it. You can ignore when such situations have happened in the past, and assume that a police force of a few hundred is going to cover an entire county, whatever works for you.

The simple fact is that guns hold value well, some even appreciate. Most of us with guns enjoy shooting them at the range, some use them for hunting, I personally enjoy gunsmithing/ tinkering and a variety of unique models. It makes sense to buy ammo in bulk when it's on sale.

So, to prepare for the End of The World, you simply need to set aside a couple cases as a minimum level. You dedicate a 1' cube of space to what may happen after a hurricane, plague, zombie outbreak, whatever. The rainy day supply takes up less space than the food supply or the fire extinguishers, let alone the TP supply. Like ammo, if you buy TP/ Papertowels when they're on sale, why wouldn't you normally have a bulk section stored in a back closet?

I guess it does speak against the mini-house thing, sure.

So anyway, the point is that no one is buying ammo now fantasizing about gunning down neighbors. Folks that already have a supply bought more because they know it's going to be hard to get for a while. Folks without a supply are flooding the gunstores now because they suddenly lost faith in big gov.
    When such situations have happened in the past? What?

The thing you are talking about would require more than just the police force, you're talking about a nation under quarantine.

Prepare for the end of the world... yeah, but I am the one who's paranoid, okidoki.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    My my, dont we paint with a wide brush.
    Cognitive dissonance is resolving for him in favor of the belief that there simply are no first time gun owners in this rush, let alone those who otherwise have been in favor of Byzantine gun control.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    left wing authoritarians can never understand because in their mind this makes sense.
    They don’t understand that political power itself is the untrustworthy thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly and you stock up on guns and ammo because you are thinking you MIGHT need to kill Mr. Rogers down the block to protect your toilet paper.

No bidet needed just a bucket of water or the tub which is usually a quick hop skip away, I find your lack of imagination disturbing
    I doubt Mr. Rogers would try to steal toilet paper, the drugged out homeless JAs down the alley on the other hand may decide they need your food/tp/water/whatever and society is not able to respond (which is really most of the time anyway), then you might actually need to defend yourself.

I find your lack of concern about fecal germs disturbing.

- - - Updated - - -

So your argument boils down to you are not psychopaths you are paranoid mass murdering psychopaths......my bad?

I mean Italians are singing to their neighbors to keep up their spirits guess this is the American version of that. Basically other countries where it is worse we don't have hordes descending to take your stuff but hey thanks for helping my point.

For the record 40ish percent of California is right wing or independent.
    So your argument is you are a mindless anti-gunner.

For the record, that 40% basically has no input in California politics, your point?

I doubt Mr. Rogers would try to steal toilet paper, the drugged out homeless JAs down the alley on the other hand may decide they need your food/tp/water/whatever and society is not able to respond (which is really most of the time anyway), then you might actually need to defend yourself.

Problem is the "have nots" will always out number the "have" and your little arms race will be lost to sheer numbers of armed "marauders". (I mean since we are going all Hollywood on this discussion).

At least you will be able to take a few of them out before you are overrun. Last a few extra weeks.

As for Mr Rogers, desperate people do desperate things. Not many people would do the whole self sacrifice thing for people outside their family.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Problem is the "have nots" will always out number the "have" and your little arms race will be lost to sheer numbers of armed "marauders". (I mean since we are going all Hollywood on this discussion).

At least you will be able to take a few of them out before you are overrun. Last a few extra weeks.

As for Mr Rogers, desperate people do desperate things. Not many people would do the whole self sacrifice thing for people outside their family.
    The have nots are generally not well armed. Even a cheap revolver is worth a little heroin, besides they prefer compliant victims.

The have nots are generally not well armed. Even a cheap revolver is worth a little heroin, besides they prefer compliant victims.
    Not for gangs and as society breaks down there are a lot of weapons laying around to "collect".

Also as desperation grows, you will have to deal with other 2a folks who did not stock as well as you might have.

Then dealing with Govt/Military officials who want to ration supplies and confiscate those excess supplies for the greater good or even for themselves to maintain the military. Then you are dealing with a 50 level increase in firepower.

Hopefully you have some remote area and some local friends you can evac too to form a militia.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Not for gangs and as society breaks down there are a lot of weapons laying around to "collect".

Also as desperation grows, you will have to deal with other 2a folks who did not stock as well as you might have.

Then dealing with Govt/Military officials who want to ration supplies and confiscate those excess supplies for the greater good or even for themselves to maintain the military. Then you are dealing with a 50 level increase in firepower.

Hopefully you have some remote area and some local friends you can evac too to form a militia.
    Hmm, seems to me you are making great arguments to stockpile weapons.

Hmm, seems to me you are making great arguments to stockpile weapons.
    nope trying to show that its just another arms race that there will be no real winners. You don't see the pattern?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    nope trying to show that its just another arms race that there will be no real winners. You don't see the pattern?
    The pattern I see you describe is be a helpless victim and be the first wiped out or fight back.

Tell ya what. When shit hits the fan you bury your head in the sand. The rest of us will prepare ourselves as we see fit.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Tell ya what. When shit hits the fan you bury your head in the sand. The rest of us will prepare ourselves as we see fit.
    as described we will both most likely end up in the same place. I just don't fear it, nor am I unprepared with my head buried in the sand
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    as described we will both most likely end up in the same place. I just don't fear it, nor am I unprepared with my head buried in the sand
    Very true, you are 100% prepared to be a victim. More power to you, but that doesn't mean everyone wants to be a sheep...

You do realize that the drugged out homeless JAs down the alley for them nothing is changing right? they have always existed and struggled to live. It's not like they were living it up until now just say you are crazy about guns emphasis on crazy.

You know toilet paper is not a disinfectant nor are your hands ever to get everything right? if you are that concerned about fecal matter boy do I have bad news for you about pee.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    All the local Gun stores near me in central VA say that the cast majority of the gun sales are for first time gun owners . Ammo like 9mm is getting scarce . Can't find any .357 JHP any where . Suddenly millions of Americans now realize what the 2A is about
    So let me bite - what exactly does 2A has to do with current virus pandemic? What is that you are... expecting to happen?

10+ Year Old Account
    You do realize that the drugged out homeless JAs down the alley for them nothing is changing right? they have always existed and struggled to live. It's not like they were living it up until now just say you are crazy about guns emphasis on crazy.

You know toilet paper is not a disinfectant nor are your hands ever to get everything right? if you are that concerned about fecal matter boy do I have bad news for you about pee.
    Actually it does get worse for them, and they are already a massive crime issue.

I know they are not, but they go from my butt to the toilet, not my bath tub. All I have to do is wash my hands, not disinfect the tub....

Actually it does get worse for them, and they are already a massive crime issue.
    Yes because drugged out homeless people have had it so good, they are totally going to turn rabid on you. While you are at it you also need to watch out for the alligators in the sewers rocket launchers work best on those.

I know they are not, but they go from my butt to the toilet, not my bath tub. All I have to do is wash my hands, not disinfect the tub....
    I highly suggest you never have children your irrational fear of human excrement would not survive the experience. I mean sex with you must be very dull considering your limitations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes because drugged out homeless people have had it so good, they are totally going to turn rabid on you. While you are at it you also need to watch out for the alligators in the sewers rocket launchers work best on those.

I highly suggest you never have children your irrational fear of human excrement would not survive the experience. I mean sex with you must be very dull considering your limitations.
    So long as they keep getting hand outs they are fine, but its hard to beg when there is no one out.

Three kids, two grandkids, that is what hand sanitizer is for. And my sex life is just fine.

So long as they keep getting hand outs they are fine, but its hard to beg when there is no one out.
    You really have no idea how life is for the homeless obviously. All kidding aside let's put things in perspective several countries including democratic ones are dealing with this with various levels of success. You are basically saying America is the worse out of them when it comes to people because those places have strict gun laws. Let's also take a look at the bigger picture you seem to think the Spanish flu, the great depression, two world wars, the great recession, various coronavirus outbreaks did not break us but this will. I know it will be hard for you perhaps you should do some self reflection as to why your mind is going there.

Three kids, two grandkids, that is what hand sanitizer is for. And my sex life is just fine.
    Suuuuuuuuure buddy I am sure it is.