Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galm View Post
    Amber Shaper last phase + Dissonance Fields during Empress phase 1.

I would welcome the 10% physical damage reduction, even through a glyph similiar to [Glyph of Divine Protection], so that it could be changed depending on the situtation.
    Yes ofcourse the last phase of amber shaper, i forgot about that one! But the dissonance fields on empress is physical damage atleast when they explode.

Quote Originally Posted by grovely View Post
    Yes ofcourse the last phase of amber shaper, i forgot about that one! But the dissonance fields on empress is physical damage atleast when they explode.
    Corrupted dissonance fields do shadow damage on heroic, and Cry does alot of damage so it helps.
    Last edited by Juicy; 2012-12-19 at 01:43 PM.
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28

Buff Devotion Aura to a 40% reduction of magic damage for 6 seconds, and add a glyph to make it s 20%-20% Physical and Magic reduction.

...Or just make it 20%-20% full time and win! =)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybb View Post
    Buff Devotion Aura to a 40% reduction of magic damage for 6 seconds, and add a glyph to make it s 20%-20% Physical and Magic reduction.

...Or just make it 20%-20% full time and win! =)
    Personally I liked the old Auras and being able to use AM for what you wanted that actually worked really good and I'm disappointed they removed it without adding something to cover the armor aspect of when AM was active. I hope in the future they buff it not a trade off not a glyph just add a physical reduction part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    It may not be that great in HoF, but its extremely useful in MSV and Terrace. Knowing when to use it is key - its like PW barrier without having to stack at the trade off of not working on physical (previous tiers did not have that many physical damage aoe's, but HoF does)

Is it the be all end all, no. But its decent at what it does, reduce a fair chunk of a large magical hit - even on a spread raid. Damage reduction is nothing to sneeze at, and is devo is the only aoe/spread out DR ability (the others work only while stacked - tiny perk, useful if needed while moving for example).
    Yeah well, you have to realize there's an issue with the only raid-wide cd for one class when its useless for some fights and awesome for some. Even if it's good for some fights, it's still lacklustre. Yes damage mitigation is awesome, but when all other classes have cds that do practically the same thing for EVERY fight (wether it be healing, shielding or damage reduction), there is a problem imo.

I tend to use it frequently on Ret in LFR when I know a big spike of magic damage or consistent magic damage is coming in. Things like moving through the gas from platform to platform on Zor'lok, phase 2 on Ta'yak, on cooldown with Garalon and pheromones, Sonic Discharge on Empress, night phase on Tsulong, and Get Away! on Lei Shi are all times I try to hit Devotion Aura. I'd prefer it to have a physical component or a slightly lower cooldown, but I do use it when it's called for.
    Anyone else think Jaime Lannister only has the Kingslayer title because he was just too lazy to kill the king on heroic mode?

Quote Originally Posted by silverhatred View Post
    I do think so. Tranq, dhymn, revival, even poh spam/cascade, healing tide, the list goes on.
    And as I said, no raid with half a brain is going to use every single healing CD at once. Druid 4pc has something very similar in Dragon Soul, its not OP. Ah why bother its like talking to a wall. You're obviously just being stubborn by listing off a bunch of other classes cds.

still a great raid cooldown, just not as good as it used to be, and im with req on this they need to bring back AM what you want to with auras....

It is very good for Terrace on 10-man.

It definitely needs to be buffed for prot since we lost divine guardian, but its fine already for other specs. It should change based on your spec, so if your Prot its 20% damage reduction for 12 seconds, 3 min cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    It definitely needs to be buffed for prot since we lost divine guardian, but its fine already for other specs. It should change based on your spec, so if your Prot its 20% damage reduction for 12 seconds, 3 min cooldown.
    If anything I see it the other way, it doesn't need a direct buff but should apply to all damage, not just magical, for Holy - to be in line with other healer 3m cooldowns that all help deal with (either heal or mitigate) all types of group damage (this holds for both PvE and PvP).

But one thing to keep in mind is PvP balance, since all specs but especially ret and holy (prot iirc sucks in pvp anyway) have access to this CD in PvP.

Deleted
    How can devotion aura be bad for protpallys but good for retri and especially holy? Sure protpaladins lost a good raid CD, but holypaladins lost one aswell that was almost as good.
    If they are going to buff devotion aura should they buff it for holypaladins so we can match other healers in both PvE and PvP.

I totally agree that devotion is weak. There are far too many Physical AoEs in HoF (thank goodness for Hand of Protection). It's kinda sad when the raid lead is like, "OK guys so for Rain of Blades/Force and Verve/Unseen Strike/etc here's the cooldown rotation.
    -Spirit Shell+Spirit Link
    -Spirit Shell+Healing Tide
    -Spirit Shell+Power Word: Barrier"

me: ok )8

Deleted
    Buff duration to 8sec (more time would be OP I think), and make it 20% from all damage, like divine guardian.
    Then it will become useful again I think

Going to throw an old idea back on the table and just say that auras should reflect the spec of the Paladin using them. So, something along these lines (some folks might remember these):

• RET | Sanctity Aura: Converts the damage of all party/raid members to Holy damage and increases Holy damage dealt by 5% for 10 seconds.
    • PROT | Devotion Aura: Reduces physical damage taken by party/raid by 10% for 10 seconds.
    • HOLY | Concentration Aura: Increases healing done by party/raid members by 10% for 10 seconds.

Try to not pick apart the numbers as they're just there for show, but auras were the "cool" and unique thing that Paladins had until we lost them this expansion. Seals are pretty much the same now, where we only have 2/4 useful Seals.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanderhuge View Post
    Going to throw an old idea back on the table and just say that auras should reflect the spec of the Paladin using them. So, something along these lines (some folks might remember these):

• RET | Sanctity Aura: Converts the damage of all party/raid members to Holy damage and increases Holy damage dealt by 5% for 10 seconds.
    • PROT | Devotion Aura: Reduces physical damage taken by party/raid by 10% for 10 seconds.
    • HOLY | Concentration Aura: Increases healing done by party/raid members by 10% for 10 seconds.

Try to not pick apart the numbers as they're just there for show, but auras were the "cool" and unique thing that Paladins had until we lost them this expansion. Seals are pretty much the same now, where we only have 2/4 useful Seals.
    Ret one seems too op, since ignores armor.

I wish they'd make it physical damage, too. It was extremely frustrating to progress through HoF, with every fight but ambershaper having spikes of huge burst damage, but devo aura being useless on all of them.

Force and verve, physical
    Unseen strike, physical
    Crush, physical
    Rain of blades, physical
    Exploding zones on empress, physical...

All the magical damage it actually mitigates is either some sustained damage over time, against which it mitigates essentially nothing; thanks to its short duration, or avoidable.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by grovely View Post
    How can devotion aura be bad for protpallys but good for retri and especially holy? Sure protpaladins lost a good raid CD, but holypaladins lost one aswell that was almost as good.
    If they are going to buff devotion aura should they buff it for holypaladins so we can match other healers in both PvE and PvP.
    You can only have 2 tanks, but alot of dps/healers in 25 man. If it is too good for ret/holy than people will stack paladins to cheese mechanics.

You can only have 2 tanks, but alot of dps/healers in 25 man. If it is too good for ret/holy than people will stack paladins to cheese mechanics.
    If anything, the tank one should be the weakest, because as a whole (other than Avert Harm and Rallying Cry) there aren't a lot of tank-based raid cooldowns.

The holy version should compete against similar healer cooldowns (tranq, barrier, hymn, revival). The ret one should compete against off-healer cooldowns (vampiric embrace and similar hybrid healing). The thing is all the healer CD's are 3 minute CD's that mitigate all types of raid damage, while the non-healer hybrid CD's are a bit more varied. So you'd at least want the holy one to include physical damage.

Deleted

Something like this would be good. But the ret one seems abit to good!

I do understand your how you think when it comes to retripaladins because its not really fair for a DPS to have a really effective raid CD. I would rather see blizzard remove devotion aura from retripaladins since no other dps really have a raid CD like devotion aura.

But i dont see why people would stack holypaladins if their raid cooldown got buffed to a similar level as all the other raidcooldown (healingspec raid CD's)
    Imean the only diffence would be that holypaladins becomes more useful, they would certainly not be OP if their raid CD got buffed and they would not be better than any other class.
    So yeah holypaladins should be the specc with the strongest raid CD of the three paladin speccs if prot and retri even should have devotion aura at all.