Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by grovely View Post
    I do understand your how you think when it comes to retripaladins because its not really fair for a DPS to have a really effective raid CD. I would rather see blizzard remove devotion aura from retripaladins since no other dps really have a raid CD like devotion aura.
    Few tanks have a raid CD at all, the ones I can think of are hotw, tranquility, and avert harm + zen meditation, most of which are only or best used when not tanking.

All hybrid DPS contribute some sort of passive healing: HST, VE, hotw + tranq, healing tide/AG, some at the cost of, some not at the cost of DPS. So rets definitely could use the raid utility, they do have the level 90 talents and selfless healer, but the devo does help.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Few tanks have a raid CD at all, the ones I can think of are hotw, tranquility, and avert harm + zen meditation, most of which are only or best used when not tanking.

All hybrid DPS contribute some sort of passive healing: HST, VE, hotw + tranq, healing tide/AG, some at the cost of, some not at the cost of DPS. So rets definitely could use the raid utility, they do have the level 90 talents and selfless healer, but the devo does help.
    I agree with you, but retri paladins do have very good utility allready if you dont count devotion aura in, selfless healer, if glyphed seal of insight both can help out quite a lot. But since they also have devotion aura will it probably put them ontop of raid utility since devotion aura is very useful on some fights. I would like to see a change on devotion aura for retri paladins and holypaladins. And ofcourse make holypaladins devotion aura stronger compared to other healers.

Quote Originally Posted by grovely View Post
    Devotion aura if you ask me is quite shit atleast if you are a 10man guild doing HoF since Devotion aura is useless for most bosses in HoF.

For the 1st boss is devotion aura useless for everything, exept if a player gets MC'ed and acually uses spell dmg but even tho its close to useless since the dmg a player will do it not very high anyway.

For the 2nd boss is devotion aura acually useful for the last 20% which is actually where the damage is.

For the 3rd boss is devotion aura useless pritty much, it helps reducing damage from the pheromones but still the dmg from it is not very high.

For the 4th boss is devotion aura useless unless someone steps on a bomb but if they do you will probably not even be able to use it because i doubt someone will announce that they will make a mistake soon.

For the 5th boss is devotion aura useless unless someone fails on interrupting the monstrosity or themselves.

For the 6th boss is devotion aura only useful in the last phase which is helpful but still it's far from being as effective as other raid cd's

Imean if deovtion aura would get atleast a buff that made it reduce the physical dmg by 10% thats not that much it wont make it OP.
    Really devotion aura is pritty underpowered right now since it's very few points to use it.

Compared to other healing cd's it feels quite weak.

Devotion Aura isn't exactly amazing, true, but if you think those are the only uses for it in Heart of Fear then you need to improve your play. There are definitely other times when it's quite useful.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    Devotion Aura isn't exactly amazing, true, but if you think those are the only uses for it in Heart of Fear then you need to improve your play. There are definitely other times when it's quite useful.
    True there definitely is places for devotion aura to be used on most bosses in HoF but 20% magical damage reduction for 6 seconds on spells that is mostly dots will make a very small diffrence.
    I do use devotion aura pritty much every boss to help out as much as i can even tho most of the times you wont even notice devotion aura. Since the damage from dots is not that high.

Deleted
    I feel buffing the aura mastery would just put holy paladins over the top. My guild has just recently cleared MSV HC 5/6 and done one HC boss in HoF.
    Our healing setup is holy paladin, disc priest and resto druid were we need 3 healers. And even if disc priest is op right now it is not like he his completely winning the healing done, I am still capable to be on par and with all the utility I can bring I dont feel underpowered compared to the disc priest.

Almost every boss in I feel I can bring something to the raid which migitate dmg or other utility that is beneficial for the raid besides my healing.
    MSV:
    1.The stone guard. I got Hand of Freedom to break traps. Hand of Freedom on a rogue+sprint will clear the traps in no time at all. Also I got HoS which can be used on both tanks if needed.
    2. Feng the accursed. Here I can use aura mastery on the arcane volleys which helps alot. Still have HoS if needed.
    3. The spiritbinder. Here HoP is super usefull. Especially on heroic were using it on the dolled tank takes away almost all the raid damage for 10sec! On top of that I can use it twice for a total of 20sec if the dolled targets drops low.
    4. Spirit kings. which other healer can remove the rain of arrows? HoP together with other classes defensive cooldowns we are able to dodge every rain of arrows. If for some reason both my HoP are on cooldown, I can just use HoS which reduces the dmg taken by 30%.
    5. Elegon. Here again were my other cooldowns is not as useful, aura mastery is really nice. When the Energy charges explode they deal AoE damage and if you time the aura mastery with those explosions you got a nice dmg reduction.
    6. Will the emperor. Only hand of sacrifice is the good utility I have on this boss kinda.

HoF:
    1. Zor'lok. This boss I really cant do much for the raid utility wise.
    2. Blade Lord. Here I have super good utility, even better on heroic. Using HoP on a wind stepped targets takes away ALOT of damage. Having HoP was the reason we could kill this boss on heroic. I dont know any other healer capable of taking away that kind of damage. On top of that I can still use my HoS if HoP is on cooldown!
    3. Garalon. Again here it is mostly the aura mastery that will provide my utility. But it is good enough.
    4. Wind Lord. On this boss I just have the usual HoP and HoS for utility.
    5. Amber shaper. Instead of using clemency on this boss I use Hand of Purity which is SUPER good. Every Parasitic growth is a cake with the 6seconds of 70% reduced dot damage. Thanks to this talent we can use those 6last seconds to heal the target with parasitic growth on to full hp and he will not take much damage.
    6. Empress. Again, were no other utility shines the aura mastery is good for the cry of terror.

Toes:
    I wont really go over this instance since here it is mostly our usual utility that shines. But I can say that Hand of Protection is really good on lei shi when the adds spawn if you mess up your CC.

My point with this is that:
    -I got enuff healing to be able to top the healing meters.
    -I got very good utility that makes killing alot of bosses alot easier
    -I very rarely run out of mana
    -And I am capable of quickly bringing the raid back up to full hp with HA+Eternal flame blanket. Guardian of ancient kings, divine favor+lifeblood and Avenging Wrath.
    -On top of this I have a cd that makes my raid take 20% less magic damage for 6 seconds.

If paladins got a good buff for aura mastery, paladins would be the number 1 healer everytime on everyfight.
    I mean I top the healing done on alot of fights and on all the other fights I enable the bosskill thru my utility.
    So I do not think we need a buff on Aura Mastery.
    Last edited by mmoc311b59f274; 2013-01-16 at 01:53 PM.

I am sorry, Devo my be weaker in HoF, but in ToES... shit is strong... even in HoF HM, useful for running from plat to plat, p2 and transition in Bladelord, Fantastic on Garalon, Fantastic on Empress Normal, and even more Heroic.

Devotion aura useless.

More like overpowered raid CD for corrupted dissonance , Huddle/sha spines, GET AWAY!, Tsulong if u lose a light on accident, Protectors with one left alive, Blade Lord torando run, Pheramondes garalon, Amber shaper when someone calls they arent gonna beable to make a kick, Will emperor whenever, Elegon waiting for floor to respawn / P3 burn, Spirit kings , Skull spawns on raid, Pre emptive Devo for darkness shields since someone usually retards, Jade stataues, ERRYTHING, Feng Epicenter, fire if ur bad, Garajal DA VOODOO SHADOWS.

Yup devo is useless. JK it's overpowered as shit with 3-4 paladins in raid to roll it to mitigate some huge damage.

These are all heroic counters of course.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azeol View Post
    My point with this is that:
    -I got enuff healing to be able to top the healing meters.
    -I got very good utility that makes killing alot of bosses alot easier
    -I very rarely run out of mana
    -And I am capable of quickly bringing the raid back up to full hp with HA+Eternal flame blanket. Guardian of ancient kings, divine favor+lifeblood and Avenging Wrath.
    -On top of this I have a cd that makes my raid take 20% less magic damage for 6 seconds.

If paladins got a good buff for aura mastery, paladins would be the number 1 healer everytime on everyfight.
    I mean I top the healing done on alot of fights and on all the other fights I enable the bosskill thru my utility.
    So I do not think we need a buff on Aura Mastery.
    Okay once and for all.

Druids got as personal cd's: tree form, nature's swiftness and their last tier of talents. All 3 are good where tree form is really really good.

When it comes to helping the raid do they have: combat ress, raidwide runningspeed increase, innervate, symbiosis. They can also become a decent tank in whatever specc their for a short amount of time Aswell as knockbacks, CC's and all of that shit

As raid healing CD do they have tranq and if they cast symbiosis on a shaman can they run while they cast tranq.

Shamans got all kinds of totems healing totems, manatotems, bufftotems, pet totems, you name it all of them are useful and some more than others. They also got ankh which dosent count as a CR so if you would have 10 shamans in a raid would you pritty much have 10 combat resses.

For personal cd's im not really sure because i never played one but im sure they got a few they can use.

And for their raid cd they got spirit link totem, aswell as healing tide totem.

Wont really go into the other classes because im not gonna speak of something i dont know anything about but priest's got their hymns and so on.

So NO I dont think that paladins are OP or UP when it comes to pure healing or other spells but i DO think that devotion aura is quite weak compared to other healing cd's ofc devotion aura wouldent be that bad if there only were fights that magical damage as "killer" spells but since HoF NORMAL(!!) isnt one of those raids will devotion aura be WEAK in there.

Just by adding 10% physical damage reduction and removing 10%magical reduction would make it a lot more viable as a raid cooldown and it wouldent make it that much better, only giving us more oppertunities to use it.
    Last edited by mmoc0393136459; 2013-02-05 at 08:36 PM.