Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[Patch 5.3 - Siege of Orgrimmar] - Could It be bad?

So, I got thinking in regards to The Siege of Orgrimmar, especially in regards to trash. It would be difficult for the developers to become unique with trash, as we know the only ones on the horde side that are loyal at Garrosh are his Kor'kron and some fellow orcs. The horde is completely divided. Lor'themar Theron wants him out, Sylvannas is sick of his crap, Baine is relatively unimpressed, Vol'jin is mad bro, and goblins are just boring and aren't even THAT involved. So there, I guess we have Orcs and Goblins as trash, as It would only really make sense since everyone else is tired of it.

Also, a thread circulating at the moment saying that Dalaran is on the move! So, that sparked the idea aswell. Although completely different, I wonder if we'd get to have a gunship type event again like in ICC. But except this time Blizzard learns from there mistakes with gunship. It could be like Kirin Tor vs. Garrosh's Kor'kron for Alliance, and for the horde, its the opposing horde vs Garrosh's horde. Gunship type thing. I dunno, just a thought, with maybe High Overlord Saurfang coming back into the mix, and rexxar.

It will also be interesting how they let the screenplay roll out. It seems that the final blow will be Varians (Only an assumption). On the off-chance the final blow to Garrosh is dealt by Varian for both factions, are we to merely stand by and allow him to leave? It will be interesting, as the Orc Warchief is dead, and Orgrimmar in a heap. I'd love to see something along the lines of Varian or Jaina wanting to claim it, and then the remaining horde leaders come in and inform them that it will never happen, and they advance with the only result being Jaina teleporting them away.

I don't know, but I feel Siege could go rather wrong. Blizzard will need to learn from Dragon Soul and be careful. Personally, 5.1 has been great, and 5.2 with Thunder King (assumption) is exciting. But 5.3 Blizzard will really need to use caution I think

Am I the only one with concern?

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the reasons I so utterly disliked Dragon Soul was because of the lame environment... hopefully, they learned that carbon-copied locations can be quite underwhelming. Players spent a great deal of time in Orgrimmar during Cataclysm, and there are several still spending their time there now. A "final raid" on somewhere a large portion of the playerbase has been standing around in for the last two years could be... well, less than impressive.

As for trash, it's likely we'll see the Kor'kron, and the goblins... but I'd reckon the Sha are likely to make an appearance as well.

As for the "final blow," I'm going to go out on a limb and assume Garrosh will be possessed by the seventh Sha, and that either he has to willingly sacrifice himself to destroy it, or it kills him as it erupts out.

And as for Jaina... well, I'm about 50% convinced she'll be one of the bosses in the raid, after having been possessed by the Sha herself.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Why 5.3? I don't see Siege until at least 5.4 or 5.5.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Why 5.3? I don't see Siege until at least 5.4 or 5.5.
    If you're going on the basis of

Raid
    Patch
    Raid
    Patch
    Raid

Then 5.4 is indeed likely.

---------- Post added 2012-12-17 at 11:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    One of the reasons I so utterly disliked Dragon Soul was because of the lame environment... hopefully, they learned that carbon-copied locations can be quite underwhelming. Players spent a great deal of time in Orgrimmar during Cataclysm, and there are several still spending their time there now. A "final raid" on somewhere a large portion of the playerbase has been standing around in for the last two years could be... well, less than impressive.

As for trash, it's likely we'll see the Kor'kron, and the goblins... but I'd reckon the Sha are likely to make an appearance as well.

As for the "final blow," I'm going to go out on a limb and assume Garrosh will be possessed by the seventh Sha, and that either he has to willingly sacrifice himself to destroy it, or it kills him as it erupts out.

And as for Jaina... well, I'm about 50% convinced she'll be one of the bosses in the raid, after having been possessed by the Sha herself.
    - Indeed in regards to Jaina. But I hope not, we're supposed to find Kul'Tiras at some bloody point when blizz gets around to it. What motivation we'll really have without a Proudmoore :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excessiv View Post
    If you're going on the basis of

Raid
    Patch
    Raid
    Patch
    Raid

Then 5.4 is indeed likely.

---------- Post added 2012-12-17 at 11:45 AM ----------

- Indeed in regards to Jaina. But I hope not, we're supposed to find Kul'Tiras at some bloody point when blizz gets around to it. What motivation we'll really have without a Proudmoore :/
    They might not necessarily kill her off, even if she is a boss. She might be... humbled, I suppose, after seeing what anger can do, or something along those lines.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also agree about that 5.4 will be the last patch for this expansion.
    But, sometimes I just wish that last raid would be about 12 or more bosses (EPIC EPIC EPIC!). Sadly, it won't be so.

Obviously some of the raid has to be set in Org, but hopefully most of it takes place in some big underground sha-cave - maybe with the tileset from the last third of MSV - filled with mogu and infested orcs and stuff.

Hopefully Blizzard learned about the pitfalls of zone-less raids from Dragon Soul.

They are probably finished or close to finished making the 5.3 raid by now. They're definitely polishing 5.2 for PTR and the new expansion is in the making with the plot set on the Burning Legion and Sargeras.

A bit off topic here but where are the Horde going to go while Orgrimmar is 'being a raid'.

Obviously the raid will be instanced and all that but we obviously won't hang out there like it's our main city while both factions siege it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    A bit off topic here but where are the Horde going to go while Orgrimmar is 'being a raid'.

Obviously the raid will be instanced and all that but we obviously won't hang out there like it's our main city while both factions siege it.
    Perhaps the entrance will be like Dragon Soul (Caverns of Time or other stuff)

It will be interesting to see how they do it, considering orgrimmar really isn't the biggest city either

Also how garrosh's room is smack bang in the middle of orgrimmar.. Unlike how with ICC you needed to clear 4 wings before confronting LK.

It certainly will be interesting how its dealt with

---------- Post added 2012-12-17 at 05:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Excessiv View Post
    It will be interesting to see how they do it, considering orgrimmar really isn't the biggest city either

Also how garrosh's room is smack bang in the middle of orgrimmar.. Unlike how with ICC you needed to clear 4 wings before confronting LK.

It certainly will be interesting how its dealt with
    Sorry, that didn't clarify to well. What I was meant to get across there was how Lich King was at the top of the citadel. While Garrosh is just chilling in the middle. When I think of it like that we will really need to start outside it and work our way in. Maybe jumping off the gunship in. I don't know. It will be fantastic to see.

Curious what bosses will appear though...

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    Perhaps the entrance will be like Dragon Soul (Caverns of Time or other stuff)
    I guess that could be the case, but I really hope it's not. I want Orgrimmar to be reshaped by this event, on a scale that looking around the city in the future would remind of one of the darkest times in the cities/hordes history. I think there's a lot of cool possibilities for stuff like that and I hope they don't just instance it and call it good.

Im betting the portal to the raid will be in dalaran seeing that dalaran will prolly be the hub for the invasion

Im also guessing we will have a huge version of RFC with all sorts of garroshes pets to deal with underneath org

Im hoping it will be epic but after dragon soul my expectations aint that high

Deleted
    Didn't we already defeat all the major Sha's in 5.0?

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Im betting the portal to the raid will be in dalaran seeing that dalaran will prolly be the hub for the invasion

Im also guessing we will have a huge version of RFC with all sorts of garroshes pets to deal with underneath org

Im hoping it will be epic but after dragon soul my expectations aint that high
    Why let DS effect your expectations? It's not like it's the only bad raid we've ever had.

Hyjal was far worse than DS and it was the first time (without glitching) that we really go to see Hyjal which was such an amazing place in lore, yet so completely destroyed by the worst raid WoW has ever had.

The quality of a raid is completely hit or miss throughout history. I don't think it's fair to hold DS against them as if it's the only bad raid that's ever been made, and it's not like they've only made bad raids since either. T14 has been great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleric View Post
    Obviously some of the raid has to be set in Org, but hopefully most of it takes place in some big underground sha-cave - maybe with the tileset from the last third of MSV - filled with mogu and infested orcs and stuff.

Hopefully Blizzard learned about the pitfalls of zone-less raids from Dragon Soul.
    Thats what I was thinking more about. We will wound him in some boss fight in OG ( spine of garrosh ) then he will flee to some sha-oldgods-wtfpwn place where we will cut his tentacles ( madness of garrosh ), at 10 % we will all die when voljin comes to battle place ressing us all, stabing garrosh and giving us loot....
    Last edited by Vashi; 2012-12-17 at 06:58 AM.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Orenstein View Post
    Didn't we already defeat all the major Sha's in 5.0?
    When you start to get through the new daily story lines it will make more sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peso View Post
    They are probably finished or close to finished making the 5.3 raid by now. They're definitely polishing 5.2 for PTR and the new expansion is in the making with the plot set on the Burning Legion and Sargeras.
    I'd be highly surprised if there was a raid in 5.3 since there's to be a sizable raid in 5.2. They've been pretty clear about raids in alternate patches so maybe 5.4.

Nice how you seem to know what the next expansion will be and state it as a fact.

As to whether or not the Siege of Orgrimmar will be bad, well I suppose so. I'm quite sure some people will think so and there will be dozens of threads saying so. It's fair to point out there are/were people who enjoyed T13 regardless of forum chatter. I personally thought it was a little weak but I thought the problems with it were more about aesthetics than the fight itself.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2012-12-17 at 07:13 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Well, we got Ulduar, and then horrible ToC. I guess the question is... will the Raid of Orgrimmar be ToC, or will it be ICC? Or comparing it to Cata, we got Firelands, and then DS.

I don't want them to go all out on this new raid and the final raid be lackluster. I mean if the entire final raid takes place in Orgrimmar, I'd probably be kind of unhappy.

I hope SoO will take place in patch 5.6 so we get four raid tiers this expansion. Hope to see two troll raids in 5.2 (Thunder King is a 99%, but I'd hope to see the forgotten Zul'Drak raid also) and maybe a pandaren raid in addition to a titan raid in 5.4 (think about a pandaren faction blaming us for releasing the sha and bringing the war to pandaria).