Thread: Is Eve OP?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyrosso View Post
    If someone got an oracle she can't ambush you in teamfights, if she can't ambush they are playing with 4 people, same goes for Akali and Teemo's mushrooms.
    Before TF if u can attack her before she can ulti in the middle of some players and shield she is really squishy, is an assassin so is supposed to be like that.
    Didn't have a EVE in a 1100 elo ranked (EUW) since S3 (63 games) so probably people either doesn't think she is OP or they are not good enough to play her.
    You can see her regardless of having an Oracles. And no, it's not the same as Akali and Shrooms. Akali has her shroud, wich is a limited area of stealth - an area wich the opponents can see, making it quite fair. Whereas Eve (Rengar and Twitch aswell) can go stealth and fuck off (Eve not so much, but she has ridiculous MS making Oracles pointless). A good Eve (again, see the IPL tourney, how Alex Ich plays her, and the others who played her) will just BANK AROUND the enemy team, coming from behind after the fight's already started.

Deleted
    So what u say is that I can see Eve from the same distance with or without oracle?

Deleted
    So what u say is that I can see Eve from the same distance with or without oracle?
    No, Oracle gives you the normal distance you can see. Without Oracle you see her slightly later, which can be devastating by any Eve who knows how to use her stealth properly.

I'm guessing that since Lee Sin mid is getting more popular etc. we'll see more counters to Eve in mid lane.

She has a radius around her that, if any champions enter it and have direct sight on her, she will be revealed. Doesn't count if you are in the bush. Hence, Oracles wont help you, because oracles reveal distance is similar if not the same as Eves natural reveal distance. Only way to get sight on her without being close are pink wards.
    RETH

Deleted
    How do you build her on mid? I wanna try her there but I'm scared that I'll suck

I think it's still boots+pots, then whatever builds into Deathfire Grasp, then Tier 2 boots (either Sorcerer's Boots or Boots of Mobility, I forget) and then Deathfire Grasp. But not sure if you build something else first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some items that work really well on her.

Boots (Mobility/Sorcs)
    Haunting Guise
    Deathfire Grasp
    Deathcap
    Luxury: Void Staff/LichBane etc
    Tanky -> Zhonya's, Abyssal Sceptre, Guardian Angel

//edit: Used to be 'rush DFG', but with the new price changes, it will probably work better to rush Guise instead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Some items that work really well on her.

Boots (Mobility/Sorcs)
    Haunting Guise
    Deathfire Grasp
    Deathcap
    Luxury: Void Staff/LichBane etc
    Tanky -> Zhonya's, Abyssal Sceptre, Guardian Angel

//edit: Used to be 'rush DFG', but with the new price changes, it will probably work better to rush Guise instead.
    i usually build liandrys on her due to Q being such a poke, and lets you chug in a good deal of extra damage on people that you are chasing until you can connect properly.

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 03:15 PM ----------

If someone got an oracle she can't ambush you in teamfights, if she can't ambush they are playing with 4 people, same goes for Akali and Teemo's mushrooms.
    Before TF if u can attack her before she can ulti in the middle of some players and shield she is really squishy, is an assassin so is supposed to be like that.
    Didn't have a EVE in a 1100 elo ranked (EUW) since S3 (63 games) so probably people either doesn't think she is OP or they are not good enough to play her.
    Doesn't feel like you need to be good. I've only played on and off for some months. Only have like 400 normal wins, and just played like 8 ranked games. Sure, normals are normals.

I have learnt most I know by watching alot of streams, and tournaments, and would consider myself pretty good for the games I've played, while nowhere near being pro. I am thinking of playing her in rankeds to just carry myself to whatever Elo I should be at.
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2012-12-18 at 02:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well yea, might as well upgrade Haunting Guise.

Liandry's sounds decent, but I'd just go with Guise first then DFG. You don't really need the DoT that much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    I have learnt most I know by watching alot of streams, and tournaments, and would consider myself pretty good for the games I've played, while nowhere near being pro. I am thinking of playing her in rankeds to just carry myself to whatever Elo I should be at.
    Let me know how it goes, what's your in game name?

Deleted
    Well yea, might as well upgrade Haunting Guise.
    Yes, sorry. I ment I usually rush it.

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 03:24 PM ----------

Let me know how it goes, what's your in game name?
    eDGe1987. (EUW) However, I'm not really sure when I'll start the climb, as I usually play with friends, who are quite inexperienced and new at 30.

Working on heroic progression in WoW now also, so yeah.. will most likely be on weekends.

On a side note, the thing I really want to improve on most is cs. I'm not really sure how to get a huge amount of creeps when the games on this level is all about ganks, and harass, none about farm. Well it feels like that's what my opponents think at least.

I could be terrible, but at least it feels like I am decent for my games, considering the games some people have played, and being completely clueless :P
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2012-12-18 at 02:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pink wards are good for keeping track of where she is. Pink in river for both top and bottom and you can see her coming down to gank. Keeps the enemy visionless and protects you from both Eve and the jungler.

Deleted
    Aw, lost my first game with eve today in like weeks

I COULDN'T CARRY MY TEAM QQ

Deleted
    So. Yesterday I tried for the first time on SR ap Eve. Went bot with Lux because Ziggs went mid. I finished the game with 16/7/16 and quadra (rare for me...)
    My build looked like this :
    boots + 3 pots -> sorc boots + enchant 15speed
    hextech revolver -> planned gunblade
    DFG
    Abyssal Scepter
    Deathcap
    Giant's Belt -> planned Rylai's

I also considered lich bane and liandry's

For summoner spells I went with flash (of course...) and ignite (considered barrier as well)

Deleted
    As a Lux main I find her easy to deal with. Poke her out early - if you land a Q you've chunked like half her health. Later on, I'm just a better carry. Whether this is because of Lux's amazing AoE potential or me being a better player, I don't know. But I don't think I've lost to Eve mid more than once or twice since her initial remake.

Deleted
    Nerfs to Eve on PBE

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing that's really serious from the looks of it. Slightly more squishy. 0.05 less scaling on Q (seeing how realistically you won't be building AD anyway)

Deleted
    Nothing that's really serious from the looks of it. Slightly more squishy. 0.05 less scaling on Q (seeing how realistically you won't be building AD anyway)
    I think you are missing the most important one - her ulti is going to do damage based off current health now, instead of max health.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I think you are missing the most important one - her ulti is going to do damage based off current health now, instead of max health.
    In addition, the cast range of it is also being reduced. On live, the maximum cast range is outside of her "stealth" radius, the PBE range is a bit shorter than her stealth radius now.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II