Sha of Fear tips tricks mostly for platform issues [video]

Hope this helps people working on Sha. I put together all the tips / tricks we learned over the 13 wipes it took us. I did the video in the hopes that you can learn from our mistakes and get him in less pulls. Good luck and please put any tips you used in this thread for others. Let all of us get on to the heroic modes we crave. Go go

Being generally horrible but helpful since Molten Core;
    When leading was more about managing bathroom breaks than boss mechanics.
    http://www.ihazlead.com - Raid leading guides, tutorials, and videos.

Didn't see a mention of ShaofFearAssist. I'd recommend that for anyone and everyone that's ever going to kill Sha on any difficulty. Sure it's possible to dodge the Dread Sprays without it since you'll learn them after a bit, but the addon makes it so much easier.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

What is the addon showing how long is left on your sacred shield?

Great video

I our kill yesterday we didn't use the addon because I think this causes more friction then it's worth it. I'm talking for normal mode here, no idea what's going on on heroic. We went with the same tactic as in the video. Just spread over the platform stay in your array and get stunned for 2 seconds. As a mage you can perfectly survive death blossom by using greater invisibility and after it vanishes temporal shield. And you have this available for every platform

We had a different strategy on the small adds on the boss platform. The group at the boss just killed all the adds, because we think this makes it easier for the healers. But I think it doesn't matter anyway if you put the 60% damage buff into the boss or into the adds

In my eyes this boss is a gear check. Not too much tactics going on here and if you can't manage to kill the guys on the platform you wipe. I do also think this boss is way harder in 10 man the in 25 man, cause you have to kill the add in a specific time. But please no 25 vs 10 discussion now If you do have enough DPS ToES is super easy compared to HoF.

I our kill yesterday we didn't use the addon because I think this causes more friction then it's worth it.
    A few people snagged the addon and felt it wasn't worth it until heroic when it's virtually required. Although others may find it helpful especially if fear is becoming a dps net loss vs the movement avoiding the spray.

The addon for sacred shield is http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/need-to-know

Glad you guys liked it. Thanks!
    Being generally horrible but helpful since Molten Core;
    When leading was more about managing bathroom breaks than boss mechanics.
    http://www.ihazlead.com - Raid leading guides, tutorials, and videos.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    I'm talking for normal mode here, no idea what's going on on heroic.
    All of this training goes out the window.

Tank collects orbs, ranged/melee just full focus boss unless orb lands right next to you.