Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cz75fan View Post
    I too have noticed this with the Computer Science side of things at the University level. The skinniest friend I have is a software engineer and most of his fellow class mates that I met were "fit" people.
    Skinny isn't fit though. Skinny is just as bad, if not worse, as overweight.

Fit would be someone who is actually in a good, healthy shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkkitehti View Post

I meant the rest of them were "fit" not so much my friend. my friend was just that, what is now, "indie" guy skinny not frail or anorexic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    It's more or less about good looking girls who play vidyas.
    Splitting hairs. If it's a girl and it games, it is by definition, a girl gamer.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cz75fan View Post
    I meant the rest of them were "fit" not so much my friend. my friend was just that, what is now, "indie" guy skinny not frail or anorexic.
    Alright. And not that I wanted to attack your statement or your friend, it just seems like a lot of people are in the state of mind where skinny is deemed healthy and fit.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Splitting hairs. If it's a girl and it games, it is by definition, a girl gamer.
    These types of threads aside, I always cringe when someone calls themselves as a girl gamer. To me it always seems like they are not quite there yet to call themselves gamers so they need to add something to it to differentiate themselves.

Kind of like male prostitutes.

But yeah, like I said these threads aside.

10+ Year Old Account
    These types of threads aside, I always cringe when someone calls themselves as a girl gamer. To me it always seems like they are not quite there yet to call themselves gamers so they need to add something to it to differentiate themselves.

Kind of like male prostitutes.

But yeah, like I said these threads aside.
    Sure, if you're female and in Gamestop, there's no real need to point out that you're a girl. People can see that. So calling yourself a "gamer" is enough. But online, as I said, saying "I'm a gamer!" doesn't mean anything because the name or avatar may not indicate your sex.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Sure, if you're female and in Gamestop, there's no real need to point out that you're a girl. People can see that. So calling yourself a "gamer" is enough. But online, as I said, saying "I'm a gamer!" doesn't mean anything because the name or avatar may not indicate your sex.
    At this point I'd ask the obvious, why is it important? And there are better ways of telling it in the case it is important. First name is generally fairly telling. And if it's a unisex name you can make a cute little joke about it I guess.

Why exactly do you need to identify your gender online to people you will most likely never meet?

Quote Originally Posted by Gin View Post
    no, i do not, simply because there is no friendship possibility between men and women - unless they have some sort of a disorder.
    What?

Do you get horny from just seeing women?

I knew a girl once, who could comfortably play through and finish Through the Fire and Flames on guitar hero expert difficulty, she was also a red head, slim and had great taste in music. I will never love like that again...
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Phinzel View Post
    Hey so like the title says..
    I just stompeld over some pictures of pretty damn legit looking girls playing games/doing nerdy cool stuff, and it just got me, i dont have any stupidly good looking girl gamer friends, do you?
    define good looking
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    define good looking
    Good looking is a personal based thing.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    What?

Do you get horny from just seeing women?
    Depends on what he means by friend. In my circle of friends there are more than a few women, some of which I've known for over twenty years but even though I consider them friends my girlfriend would definitely be asking some questions if I ever went out on a night out with just myself and one of my female friends. It's not always about sexual tension, but our society's standards of appropriate behaviour which restricts our friendships with members of the opposite sex. Though it's not an impossibility for a man to have such a deep friendship with a woman, I'd say it was that rare that any cases should be considered outliers.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've met one in my lifetime and married her

10+ Year Old Account

Well, I'm screwed. I'm 5'11" and 130 pounds. All skin and bones it would seem :<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Well, I'm screwed. I'm 5'11" and 130 pounds. All skin and bones it would seem :<
    Is 5'11 the same as 6,1?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Girl gamers are annoying and attention whores, save yourself the trouble and look elsewhere.
    Not all of us D: I only use my breasts for good!

Quote Originally Posted by Einherjarn View Post
    Is 5'11 the same as 6,1?
    No... its the same as 6 feet minus 1 inch. 12 inches to a foot derp logic...

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    If by "for good" you mean "getting what I want, when I want it".

We require proof!

Quote Originally Posted by Gin View Post
    no, i do not, simply because there is no friendship possibility between men and women - unless they have some sort of a disorder.
    I remember you - you are the one who won't even afford women the right to vote...
    ಠ_ಠ
    Seems like your dealings with women aren't to be considered... reliable data.

---------- Post added 2013-01-05 at 02:51 AM ----------

Are you willing to draw a mustache on your finger as a conversational icebreaker?

---------- Post added 2013-01-05 at 02:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    We require proof!
    Imagine like that guard in The Dictator but beating up bad guys instead