Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Carrying oneself

Well I am floating around 1350 Elo about now, and I was wondering on the community's opinions on the best way to carry oneself out of said Elo.

I was reading an earlier thread and someone mentioned Jungle Shaco, which I am going to get back into; I am a formidable Shaco.

What are the best ways to carry oneself out of an Elo bracket?

Just the old lame answer: Don't focus on your lane only. Focus on objectives/winning other lanes as well. You're winning your lane? Great! Now roam mid/bot and kill someone and/or get dragon.

Worked perfectly for me last season. With that mindset, I managed to push a few friends up to gold rating last season (one managed to drop down to 750 elo again this season...)

Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    Just the old lame answer: Don't focus on your lane only. Focus on objectives/winning other lanes as well. You're winning your lane? Great! Now roam mid/bot and kill someone and/or get dragon.

Worked perfectly for me last season. With that mindset, I managed to push a few friends up to gold rating last season (one managed to drop down to 750 elo again this season...)
    I take your advice to heart. I feel as if being a good player is one thing, and yet being a good League of Legends player is another. I, not to be overly-confident but honest, am a well experienced and skilled player, but I am starting to realize that the key to becoming even better or great is learning how to be a team player. Being able to make good calls or help other lanes or lead a team, I feel as if this is the key to becoming better than just knowing everything about the game and being able to play every champion.

Although not dying and getting kills is great, I am realizing that the answer to rising in the ranks is learning to play with your team, no matter the team.

There is an in-depth guide to League of Legends that I have seen on Solo-Mid that stressed the importance of things like this, objectives and helping others, I am wondering if anyone has this bookmarked so that I may re-read over it?

Does anyone else agree with this epiphany I am having? That the way to truly be a good player is to understand the fundamental concepts of League of Legends, not only of objectives and warding, the concepts of the entire occurring match, and how to incorporate yourself and your team in the situation?

I think no1 tactic is not to make stupid mistakes. And you will get best understanding of the game if you play jungler or mid that can roam a lot. Top and bot are lines that are about how well you can fight. As for Shaco personally I would go for Nocturne instead. Really strong, great map presence and not as easy to shut down as Shaco.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

It's hard to carry yourself unless you get half decent players. If your entire team is feeding you will lose. Take tonight for instance, I always get jank players. No awareness, no warding, lets me die every gank. But tonight I got decent players and carried all my games tonight. 4-0. My rating is almost 900 now.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    It's hard to carry yourself unless you get half decent players. If your entire team is feeding you will lose. Take tonight for instance, I always get jank players. No awareness, no warding, lets me die every gank. But tonight I got decent players and carried all my games tonight. 4-0. My rating is almost 900 now.
    Not that hard... you can do so much for your teammates

• No awareness - ping for them
    • No warding - where is the problem. When you're better than them you should be winning the lane => you can afford to use 75g to keep them safe
    • Let you die every gank - if that happens, you have most likely made a mistake as well

PS: Even 4vs5 is winnable. They require a lot of work but so satisfying when you make it happen

Get a good duo partner and work together, then you'll end up where you belong
    (I have awesome support, thank god!) so bot lane is always a win. But a jungler + mid/top works well too.
    Last edited by StNimrod; 2012-12-17 at 02:29 PM.

Deleted
    Play whatever role you enjoy playing and focus on improving. Leading your team to objectives is possible with every role.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly if I wanted too, I guarantee I could probably get myself to 1500 ELO if I just decided to play Shaco only, problem I have though is I would feel like I'm not giving other aspects of my game enough time to improve or keep up on. I actually could probably even get it to 1700ish with just Shaco but I try to play and improve on other aspects of my game. Going to say this now, Shaco has better ganks than Nocturne anyone else who says otherwise isn't playing Shaco properly. Therefore, having better ganks makes for a better experience in solo queue.
    Hey everyone

Theres 1000 posts a day on solomid or league reddit about how to raise ELO. I started at 1176 end of last season and reached 1597 by seasons end.

How did i do it? I didn't have fun playing league for an entire week, and just grinded every match the same way.

I played pantheon every game <insert any champ here> instalocked and played mid/top/jungle and if I couldnt play panth i dodged and made a sandwich. I would get a kill early by playing hyper aggressive and knowing my champion in and out and then i would push the lane super hard and ult mid or bot.

Rinse repeat and i would end up with scores like 11/11/10 at 25 minutes but we would win, built the same every game (stacked BT and warmogs - stupid effective at low ELO) and warded baron, and entries to my own jungle. Thats really all I can offer, play hyper aggro and gank everywhere.

The people in this game for the most part are stupid, you have to assume they can do nothing on their own (half the time true) and you need to carry yourself.

Deleted
    About Shaco in soloq, this is the top soloq elo rating, I guess is 2490 EUW.
    I'm not really surprised about XIN, I should play him more.

Yeah, I played two games as Xin Zhao jungle in normal 5v5, won both. Something just scares people when he pops up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    Yeah, I played two games as Xin Zhao jungle in normal 5v5, won both. Something just scares people when he pops up.
    I would assume inevitable death. His ultimate is so annoying to deal with in team fights, pretty much a big fuck you to the tank and he can charge carries pretty easily. I haven't seen a half decent Xin jungle in a while though.
    Hey everyone

He's awesome, but you gotta make sure your team has the proper setup before picking him though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    He's awesome, but you gotta make sure your team has the proper setup before picking him though.
    Something like?

For example, if your team needs a tank, you don't go Xin. That's asking to get violently buttsmudged. He's more the guy you go if you need an off-tank/damage-dealer. Like if you have an Ali/Blitz/Leona in bot, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Ping for them, ward for them, and don't go into a gank if you think you might die. Sounds like you are probably deserving of 900 elo, you aren't much better than the people you bitch about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cherb View Post
    Ping for them, ward for them, and don't go into a gank if you think you might die. Sounds like you are probably deserving of 900 elo, you aren't much better than the people you bitch about.
    Basically this, I've found myself as the jungler stuck warding for top lane quite often. Just make up for their mistakes, you play harder you reap the rewards in the end.
    Hey everyone

Sightstone is legit item for junglers. You run around all map. May as well drop some wards while doing it. At low elo mid and top often don't ward. Mid especially. Not that hard to ward for them.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    The Duo Partner tip is pretty good. Just don't go premade bot. You want to spread out, so you can affect as much as possible. For instance roaming mid+ganky jungler, or roaming mid+top.

If you go premade bot that's asking the rest of your team to fail their lanes, in the lower elos. And it's easier to carry from 2 positions than from 1. (This is assuming your duo partner is any good, of course).