New to Ele Shammy! Please Rate my dps. Logs!

I believe I am doing something wrong for my Ilvl. I am very new to Ele. Want to improve! Please help!

All help is apprieciated.

Terrace LFR
    "worldoflogs.com/reports/38oauhzbariy7k32/"

N HOF Shek'zeer
    "worldoflogs.com/reports/bonm1r36z5tvxzp5/sum/damageDone/?s=8066&e=8645"

Thanks

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 11:38 PM ----------

cant post links yet so you will need to insert the w.w.w...sry

10+ Year Old Account
    read the sticky.

use chain lightning for aoe. absolutely no reason for you to have 1% of your damage come from CL on shek'zeer.

read the sticky.

I read the sticky. Thanks for the CL tip but i am looking for more of an overall problem. Not just CL on Shek.

Thanks

i can do 90000+dps with 482 gear……
    1.mastery is better than haste
    2.if there's ae, crit is aslo better than haste
    3.just use chain lightning in ae

Quote Originally Posted by roger_66 View Post
    i can do 90000+dps with 482 gear……
    1.mastery is better than haste
    2.if there's ae, crit is aslo better than haste
    3.just use chain lightning in ae
    logs pls... and you are wrong on all but #3
    do what you feel.

armory ( http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n/Rab/advanced ) seems fine (can't check everything as you currently don't have your weapon equipped, but wol (shek zeer) say you were hit-capped). Flame shock uptime seems okay (nearly too good considering you shouldn't use it most of p2), all but one lava burst crit is good enough. You missed at least one (ideally two) ascendance which is your biggest cd (should use it nearly on cd, and ideally time it with a skull banner from a war, but there were none in your raid), and you seem to have forgotten to use potions (should have used two).

Apart from this I guess single-target wise you seems to have most basics. However on that particular fight you "failed" to adapt to the mechanics that allow you to "improve" your dps : aoe-ing adds in p2 (normally ascendance should be back up ~30sec into p2, and you should use at this point, lava-beam spam on 5 adds is a huge burst dps), and using the "Imbued Poison" mechanics (basically the tank tanking the "big adds" in p2 gets a debuff making that they buff all player on which they walk for 30sec. You should try and track that buff and walk on the tank that have the debuff every so often while he still have the debuff to "keep" this buff (which does quite a lot of extra damage especially when aoeing adds in p2).

edit : you also forgot your trinket and synapse string on shek zeer, and remember to never use your crit trinket if you're about to use ascendance for lava burst spam (it's fine/should be used with beam-spam in aoe-situations)

also :
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacepunch View Post
    logs pls... and you are wrong on all but #3
    Under some circumstances, mastery can pull slightly ahead of haste but anyway the difference is always extremely small and can't explain more than a 1% dps loss in "worst" cases, especially with the elemental blast talent. Crit is indeed (by far) our best secondary stat for aoe, and he is wrong on 3 as, for 2 target we should use single target but only replace lb by cl, for 3 and for target we should use earth shock on cd (and forget about flame shock/lvb), and for 4 and more adds we should use earthquake, so cl spam is never optimal (assuming adds don't move to much, which might or might not be the case on shek zeer)
    Last edited by Bethan; 2012-12-17 at 06:57 AM.