Thread: DPS help

DPS help

Hello everyone.
    I play frost 2H DK but it seems that i have a problem with my dps since i dont think its what i should get with my lvl of gear.
    Any help whould be awsome.
    my armory link : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...talfury/simple

log from feng hc : http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-op...s=9787&e=10218

I am reforging for hit=exp > haste > crit > mastery
    I am gemming for str - str/haste (been comfort with my runes atm with almost zero downtime in fights)

Thanks for reading and if you need any other details i will be more than happy to provide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a quick glance at your logs and armory:

-Slightly under exp cap (not a big deal)
    -Didn't pre-pot
    -No Soul Reapers at all!!

I always do prepot.maybe didnt record it cause prepoting is done 1 sec before entering combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh true my mistake, but yeah Soul reaper should pretty much be on cd at <35%

Yes i should kep SR up when bellow 35% but till we get at that point my dps is still low and i dont know if SR whould make that diference gap.
    I think i am at least 20k dps(if not more) bellow what i should be atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmmm I'm not sure then, you really should be able to match the other dk :/ Sorry I've ran out of ideas at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Sygil View Post
    Hmmmm I'm not sure then, you really should be able to match the other dk :/ Sorry I've ran out of ideas at this point
    The other dk is using dw and that has better aoe and there are more aoe situations in boss fights this tier. He also the has the 4 piece tier bonus. He also has the darkmoon trinket which is still really really good. all these things are going to add up.
    Last edited by mazox74; 2012-12-17 at 10:16 AM. Reason: forgot to quote for clarity
    tl;dr Is just another way of saying I am about to troll

well , for most of the fights on this tier and even on single fights DW/Master frost rotation is better than 2h frost so you shouldn't share those 2 specs.

The only good thing about being a dk in PVE atm is the awesome and reliable AoE , dont gimp yourself and your raid team by playing 2h

thats my dps help

BTW did you sim your stat weights before gemming for pure secondary stats? At least for the bis gear , 1 str was bigger than 2 haste/mastery . Try gemming for STR for 1 raid and see if that helps.

Also , Blood tap and plague leech are better DPS increases if you are looking for MIN/MAX , plague leech is not good for AOE fights ofc but still , on single targte fights you should go with it.
    Last edited by Ranaas; 2012-12-17 at 11:02 AM.

Your blood plague uptime is low, there was 40 seconds in that fight where your obliterates were essentially hitting for 12.5% less damage.
    Darkmoon trinket will probably make a difference (not entirely sure on this, I'd have to sim it), and there's probably a decent gear difference between you and the other dk? His Army did 3k dps, yours did 2.5k. His ghoul did 3.2k, yours did 2.7k. That can really only be attributed to either a difference in str as far as Army goes because you both had similar uptimes. It seems you had your ghoul up 38 sec less than he did, so it must've died or something.

Just a quick look through WoL's log browser with queries for Killing Machine, Obliterate, and Frost Strike, it seems atleast 32 of 73 KM procs were used by Frost Strike. I don't know if this is where it should be, or if it's bad (I don't play 2h anymore), but perhaps get a swing timer and try to use more of those KMs on Obliterates. (On a side note, this is where DW is much easier, it's sooo much easier to manage KM procs and use them on Frost Strike)

That's all I can think of.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyon View Post
    Darkmoon trinket will probably make a difference (not entirely sure on this, I'd have to sim it), and there's probably a decent gear difference between you and the other dk? His Army did 3k dps, yours did 2.5k. His ghoul did 3.2k, yours did 2.7k. That can really only be attributed to either a difference in str as far as Army goes because you both had similar uptimes. It seems you had your ghoul up 38 sec less than he did, so it must've died or something.
    It will make a difference only on AoE phase, where haste is worse than strength, and in single target if the trinket buff makes you more than GCD capped.

The gear is pretty equal but the OP hasn't the 4pc bonus while the other dk has, plus the OP is gemming haste (probably strength would be a bit better).

Deleted
    Gemming for strength would be a good place to start.

10+ Year Old Account
    Overall its looks okay, apart from Soul Reaper.
    You had 2-3 situation where you capped your Blood Charges and maybe you "wasted" KM proccs on Frost Strike? As it seems from the Expression Log you had a lot of Frost Strikes using up KM proccs and KM proccs getting overwritten. Do you have an Addon that tracks your autohits (=potential KM proccs)? This may help you to decide, if you use the current procc on a inferior FS or to keep it for the next OB.

(For the Expression Log: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-opq90bo6aqgnzlo0/xe/?s=9787&e=10218&x=sourcename%3D%22Fatalfury%22+and+spell%3D%22Killing+Machine%22+or+source name%3D%22Fatalfury%22+and+spell%3D%22Obliterate%22+or+sourcename%3D%22Fatalfury%22+and+sp ell%3D%22Frost+Strike%22 )

EDIT: And YES: Sim your stat weights and gem/reforge that way..

Thank you all very much for the quick responces i ll follow your directions and do some experiments.
    And yes i do spend KM procs on frost strikes cause i am a button spammer and sometimes(or many) i hit the damn button exactly when KM procs.

For 494 ilvl, that doesn't seem that bad. Looks like you just had less of a dps spike on the 2nd set of adds compared to your fellow DK. That shield phase is pretty huge, as you can quickly inflate your numbers during it :P

You kept up mostly through the fight besides that 2nd AE pack and then a bit under him during Lust.

This fight is 100% tunnel for melee, it just comes down to how well you know your rotation, how well you can react to KM procs, and how well you manage runes for the AE portion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derien View Post
    Thank you all very much for the quick responces i ll follow your directions and do some experiments.
    And yes i do spend KM procs on frost strikes cause i am a button spammer and sometimes(or many) i hit the damn button exactly when KM procs.
    That's exactly what I meant: Get an addon that shows you your swing timer (=potential KM proc). ;-)
    What doesn't kill me gives me Vengeance.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...psody/advanced

Can you please give me the name of that addon to install it?
    Also i dont really know how to sim stat weights.

Quote Originally Posted by derien View Post
    Can you please give me the name of that addon to install it?
    Also i dont really know how to sim stat weights.
    Swing timer
    Stat Weights

I regemed my haste - haste/hit gems with str - str/hit and i actually saw a 10k dps decrease.
    Why is that happening??shouldn't str be more superior than haste?

Deleted
    For any fight that introduces more AE potential the value of strength and mastery will increase relative to haste.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnys View Post
    For any fight that introduces more AE potential the value of strength and mastery will increase relative to haste.
    This.

Beside the fact that haste becomes higher than 0,5 strength only after BiS gear. Before than that, strength is the way to gem.