Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yes, the system is dumb. It works fine if you have one char, or maybe two, but if you are playing and (lfr) raiding four or more chars a week doing dailies on all of them is completely out of the question. It was perfectly possible to gear all 10 classes before mop, right now this seems quit impossible.

But if you have read the developers interviews, then you probably have noticed that they are aware of this problem and working on a solution. They wanted to make sure you always have something to do on your main, but it is a complete overkill if you have a bunch of alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or... just simply get enough gear from dungeons, get into lfrs, get epics, go into normals and get normal gear, then go into heroics and get heroic gear. Not a single fucking daily done. This is exactly what i did.

I think that people need to move away from the "Valor = raid currency" mentality. In Cataclysm this was the widely accepted premise, even though for most of the expansion you got more valor for doing your daily heroic than you did for killing a raid boss. This was I believe due to the fact that for much of the expansion you needed to get valor in order to buy tier parts, without which you could not get your heroic tier pieces or indeed even your 4 set. In MoP this is no longer the case, valor is acquired from many different sources and to be frank, normal/heroic mode raids aren't even the best way of getting it (something which i'm sure most of you noticed). Reputation items offer nothing to raiders other than sub standard gear, there are no set bonuses available from valor and the Ilvl of the gear is only 489, 7 item levels lower than normal HoF or ToES. The itemization on *most* valor gear is also sub standard making many parts worse than a LFR 483 in their slot.

A case could have been made regarding valor prior to 5.1 as raiders who didn't have any factions at honored+ could not spend the little valor they did get from raiding, however with the Ilvl upgrade feature this argument is moot. Please accept that valor is not a raid currency, its just a gated pve currency which offers gear that raiders rarely need hidden behind reps and Ilvl upgrades that improve raid gear available without rep.
    Last edited by Rhaktor; 2012-12-17 at 10:37 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    Please tell me how to open the valor vendors without questing.
    you can spend them without using the faction vendros. You can use it them to upgrade your gear...

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess what, raid gear is better than valor gear so you really don't need valor gear from repvendors.
    Also, getting the required rep is easy enough if you're willing to spend a few days on it instead of QQing that you ain't getting your welfare epics on a silver plate

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    2. Valor Points haven't been a raid currency in years.
    Uh, what? In what world is that statement true? Raiding has not been the only way to get valor, but up until MoP it was always the raid currency. You still get valor from raiding, you just can't use it to buy valor gear anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphamage View Post
    You can always spend your valor points to upgrade your gear. And if you are raiding that much that you get all that valor you can't spend, why would you need valor gear from Vendors? Raid drops should be enough for you. I am in a raiding guild and I always run out of valor points every week. I even do dailies....
    Valor items were added to let you still get something from raiding even if you have bad luck with drops. It was a good system. Now you can't spend your raid valor on anything other than item upgrades (unless you also do dailies, but fuck dailies), which of course require that you actually had luck with drops and have something to upgrade. Raid loot is back to being 100% luck based again, after three expansions of that not being the case (arguably, even Molten Core wasn't 100% luck based, as your raid got crafting materials even if no useful gear dropped).

Just imagine the whine from PvPers if conquest gear suddenly got reputation requirements, and it should be obvious why raiders are upset. It's not a case of "we can't have everything". It's a case of "we can't have the stuff we've had since TBC any more".
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthrot View Post
    It's not that we have more to do; it's that the things we did (getting valor capped, obtaining gear & rep etc.) just take more time now
    Bull piss. I cap 4 toons a week, and I never have a shortage of things to spend my valor on.

Assuming you dont do a single daily (meaning you have NO rep) and all you do is raid. you are going to spend weeks just upgrading all your gear, and thats assuming you dont get anything better in the process, then you have to add another week for each NEW piece you get.

then... if you actually DID do any of the damn quests that were offered while you were leveling you are at honored with most of the reps... and thus have even MORE options to spend your valor on.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    Uh, what? In what world is that statement true? Raiding has not been the only way to get valor, but up until MoP it was always the raid currency. You still get valor from raiding, you just can't use it to buy valor gear anymore.
    The last vestige of VP being a raid currency ended in Cata when they changed it so you didn't need raids to cap. It's just generic currency you get from doing stuff in game.

don't be lazy, stop whining, do dailys for a week to be revered, never do them again on that character,

Quote Originally Posted by drulis View Post
    you can spend them without using the faction vendros. You can use it them to upgrade your gear...
    The person I was replying to stated that you can purchase the gear without doing faction quests. It's perfectly reasonable that I ask them to explain how. I'm still waiting to hear how, I am genuinely curious.

Please tell me how to open the valor vendors without questing.
    I wasnt talking about vendors, I was talking about gear upgrading which can be used to ugprade items from normal raids which are aqcuired without valor vendor gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    The person I was replying to stated that you can purchase the gear without doing faction quests. It's perfectly reasonable that I ask them to explain how. I'm still waiting to hear how, I am genuinely curious.
    "You cannot however spend that valor (on gear) without dailies." Well, to be technical, spending points on upgrades is spending points on gear. Just like spending money on my car can mean that I upgraded the stereo.

I'm sure the guy responding you just misread what you typed.

10+ Year Old Account
    you got a great deal of rep from leveling... check it out.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

spend vp to upgrade your gear instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    I wasnt talking about vendors, I was talking about gear upgrading which can be used to ugprade items from normal raids which are aqcuired without valor vendor gear.

Windfury: You can earn valor other ways than dailies. You cannot however spend that valor (on gear) without dailies.
    Reyzzz: Yeah, but you can.

Was it unclear I meant purchasing gear? If so sorry, that's what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    you got a great deal of rep from leveling... check it out.
    I have 0 rep from leveling on all of my toons. Not everyone quests to level.
    Last edited by Windfury; 2012-12-17 at 11:07 AM.

Deleted
    I see no problem with the rep requirements, every expansion can't be the same gearing up model, TBC for instance was waaaaaay to easy, the same with cata and Woltk after the epic drop instances arrived. It is a nice change IMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Just wait for new raid patch and we will probaly get a new valor vendor (and the faction vendors will be usles).
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    they should give tabards with rep and dailyz everyone will be happy i hate dailyz ;/

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Considering you get VP from dailies, heroics, scenarios, LFR, and raids, I'm pretty certain it's not a raid currency. Or rather, not 'just' a raid currency. It's a general currency for you to get geared up if you want.

You can also still get upgrades without doing any dailies at all: just use the item level upgrade system. No dailies required. If that's not enough, then there's an honored reputation requirement on some of the items, which is very easily obtained while simply levelling/questing.

Maybe one day this pointless whining will end... A man can dream~
    whats pointless is having a rep requirement just to spend valor points.

the cata system was fine. valor vendor, and rep vendors for your ramkahen camels/other vanity items, and an epic at exalted to buy with gold.

it worked. this new system just forces you to do stuff you dont want to. I could do 5 mans and get rep. I dont even hate dailies, I just hate that stuff is locked behind revered rep in some cases. cause the rep requirement, is pointless.

in short, it's a flawed system that forces you to do dailies just to spend currency. imagine having a rep requirement to use the auction house. wouldnt that be silly?

But if you remove the daily requirements people might actually realise how shallow Mists is in terms of content!