Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Reputation on alts is NOT hard. You are just lazy.
    Its not about being hard. Its about it being a boring time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    this is mostly qq about alts. to spend your valor that you get from raiding, you need to grind out reps. which to be honest, is stupid. I get a currency from raiding, and I have to do DAILIES just for the RIGHT to spend it?

who thought of this crap?

my warlock alt has no desire to do any dailies, I do enough of them on my paladin. but, if I want to spend my valor, I have no choice.

rep should only be required for VANITY items. valor items should be on their own vendor, cause if I choose to raid on a character, I shouldnt be forced to do dailies just to spend my valor. all this system does, is FORCE people to do dailies that they dont want to.

being forced to do dailies to spend a currency you primarily get from raiding = dumb.
    Why are people still crying about this? The new gear upgrade system makes this complaint moot.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Its not about being hard. Its about it being a boring time sink.

You would get revered with all relevant factions with commendations about the same time to get 2250 valor for helm or chest.

Pointless thread.

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    You would get revered with all relevant factions with commendations about the same time to get 2250 valor for helm or chest.

Pointless thread.
    The problem isn't how fast or how difficult it is to do it. Its exactly how you need to do it - and that's dailies. I could care less that I could get all factions to revered in two weeks, its the fact that to do so, you need to grind out tons of boring daily quests.

Now, with 5.2 and gear upgrades, that doesn't really matter to me. Valor items are just a newbie trap with it taking 23 weeks to upgrade all your gear. Now what needs to be fixed is the 45 daily quests required each week for charms.

(And before someone says something, no, charms are not required for raiding. But only in the same way that gems and enchants aren't required for raiding. You can go through content without either one, but if you do you're a scumbag and holding back your group.)

Deleted
    To be completely honest, I would rather have nothing to do than do chores, and that's all daily quests are to me - chores.
    And you still play the game?
    If yes, why?
    If you would rather have nothing to do... Then do nothing and stand in og/sw waiting in a queue...

Edit: and again you talk about being a " scumbag holding back your group". But is the people of your group didn't do what you complain about? You want to play with some people but dont want to do the things they've done to get there.. So yes you are a dead weight for them... All your fault then. Find another group who play like you, and dont bitch if you are late on "progression".
    Last edited by mmoc051d140155; 2012-12-19 at 10:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    2. Valor Points haven't been a raid currency in years.
    Tier 12 would like to have a word with you :<

@OP:With the ridiculous amount of grind needed to cap Valor every week on X chars, doing a few quests should be the least of your problems. oO

Deleted
    they just need to put reps on 1 lin on your account some ppl have 8+ character its impossible doing them on all even with the new extra rep tokens you can buy
    just make it easier 1 character thats exalted unlocks this for the rest of the character BUT only on exalted

10+ Year Old Account
    some ppl have 8+ character its impossible
    How in the seven hells can you stand to cap valor on 8+ characters? I can't even cap 2 of them....

And you're complaining about doing a weeks worth of dailies ONCE in every characters life cycle?!

Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    And you still play the game?
    If yes, why?
    If you would rather have nothing to do... Then do nothing and stand in og/sw waiting in a queue...

Edit: and again you talk about being a " scumbag holding back your group". But is the people of your group didn't do what you complain about? You want to play with some people but dont want to do the things they've done to get there.. So yes you are a dead weight for them... All your fault then. Find another group who play like you, and dont bitch if you are late on "progression".
    I enjoy raiding. This is one of the best tiers ever when it comes to raiding, as well.
    Also, I do the daily quests for my charms each week. I just hate it, and it brings down my experience in WoW, as it keeps feeling more like a chore and less like a fun game. I look forward to raid nights, but that's about it when it comes to this game.

.... Now what needs to be fixed is the 45 daily quests required each week for charms.

(And before someone says something, no, charms are not required for raiding. But only in the same way that gems and enchants aren't required for raiding. You can go through content without either one, but if you do you're a scumbag and holding back your group.)
    No matter hopw many times you keep repeating that mantra ... its still wrong!

Charms MIGHT get you an upgrade whereas gems and enchants WILL improve your performance.
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

This post is brought to you by the letters U and F (though not necessarily in that order)

Quote Originally Posted by aastarius View Post
    No matter hopw many times you keep repeating that mantra ... its still wrong!

Charms MIGHT get you an upgrade whereas gems and enchants WILL improve your performance.
    Over large samples charms will without a doubt improve performance. Take a statistics class, please.

The problem isn't how fast or how difficult it is to do it. Its exactly how you need to do it - and that's dailies. I could care less that I could get all factions to revered in two weeks, its the fact that to do so, you need to grind out tons of boring daily quests.

Now, with 5.2 and gear upgrades, that doesn't really matter to me. Valor items are just a newbie trap with it taking 23 weeks to upgrade all your gear. Now what needs to be fixed is the 45 daily quests required each week for charms.

I don't get your point. Food, potions, etc required. 45 dailies a week - well, OK, lets say required.

So what? Or want to login just for raids?

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    I don't get your point. Food, potions, etc required. 45 dailies a week - well, OK, lets say required.

So what? Or want to login just for raids?
    What I want is alternative ways to get elder charms. Ways that would be agreeable to people who have a raider mindset, like me.
    A miniature hard mode for a few raid encounters, rewarding 30 lesser charms would be cool, for example.
    Or even having elder charms be rewarded for challenge mode dungeons would be a step up.

I'm not sure what sort of content they should be tied to, but yes, to be honest, I would rather elder charms did not exist than the way they are currently tied to only dailies (and soon pet battles).

10+ Year Old Account
    if u arent reverded/exalted with all factions by now u are doing something wrong
    so u dont rly need to do dailies on your paladin
    also i think its good that they force the dailies on u, so that raid people actully do other stuff then just raid =O (and ofc to hear the endless QQ <3)

10+ Year Old Account
    Over large samples charms will without a doubt improve performance. Take a statistics class, please.
    15% chance. Boss has 3 items you want a specific one: 5% chance.

Left: chance to get the fail bag. Right: ID lockout

After 11 IDs there a 60% chance of NOT getting the Item in question. By that time almost EVERY raid will have looted the item multiple times and distributed it via DKP.
    Large sample sizes DO NOT APPLY HERE b/c there is only one attempt per week.

Believe it or not that's INTENTIONAL. Blizzard stated that they wanted the charms to be a bonus but they kept the chance of Items low enough so raiders don't consider it mandatory.

Unrelated side note: That's the very same reason LFR loot sucks btw, the chance of getting a specific Items is way too low.

This thread again?

Hey, I've not hit honored with any faction other than Klaxxi, and I can spend my VP just fine. OP and people who agree with him are cutting thier noses off despite thier faces and should open thier eyes a little bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

The Commendations you can get once you are Revered make Alts grinding the reps stupidly easy (plus they work for your WHOLE account, buy them on your Hordie on Trollbane and you get the bonus on your Alliance characters on Zul'Jin). Just from doing the normal questing while leveling in Townlong, my Alt is like 8-9k into Honored with Shadow Pan already without even touching a daily.

The only one that, I believe, doesn't carry overfactions (obviously) is the Operation: Shieldwall to Dominance Offensive reputation.

The Commendations pretty much solved the Alt rep grind issue as far as I'm concerned.

How in the seven hells can you stand to cap valor on 8+ characters? I can't even cap 2 of them....
    My Main is usually capped by Wednesday or Thursday. I run all the LFR's and Sha. I hit MSV with the guild and the couple of Bosses we have killed in HoF. After that, I hit a quick Scenario and a quick LFD. That get's you very close to being capped. Then I'll just do the dailies that I feel like working on.

After that, the VP flows in quickly for Alt's due to the bonus you get once a character is capped.
    Last edited by Ugum; 2012-12-19 at 12:54 PM.

Getting to Revered is so quick once you already have an main that's revered/exalted now (with the commendations, go buy them!).
    Rep grind overall, even without the commendations, isn't that bad - it's just a time sink. I'm exalted with every single Pandaria faction (except black prince) and it's only a few months into the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    After that, the VP flows in quickly for Alt's due to the bonus you get once a character is capped.
    I know, but doing LFR 8+ times a week... I think my skull would implode due to the massive vacuum (pun intended) created by the disintegration of my brain caused by the sheer overwhelming amount of boredom presented by my computer screen....

ugh... the mere thought makes me dizzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Once a toon starts raiding, there is nothing to convince me that grinding for current rep gear is an absolute need. It's always going to be a want.
    crappy rng?

i spent weeks hoping for some upgrades to my lfr gear while raiding normal and was about to buy the wrists form argust honored till i won them on sunday with coin.l

so the purpose of valor gear even if ur raiding is to fill the slot(s) that rng is stopping you from filling

---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 03:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ugum View Post
    The Commendations you can get once you are Revered make Alts grinding the reps stupidly easy (plus they work for your WHOLE account, buy them on your Hordie on Trollbane and you get the bonus on your Alliance characters on Zul'Jin). Just from doing the normal questing while leveling in Townlong, my Alt is like 8-9k into Honored with Shadow Pan already without even touching a daily.

The only one that, I believe, doesn't carry overfactions (obviously) is the Operation: Shieldwall to Dominance Offensive reputation.

The Commendations pretty much solved the Alt rep grind issue as far as I'm concerned.

My Main is usually capped by Wednesday or Thursday. I run all the LFR's and Sha. I hit MSV with the guild and the couple of Bosses we have killed in HoF. After that, I hit a quick Scenario and a quick LFD. That get's you very close to being capped. Then I'll just do the dailies that I feel like working on.

if people hate doing dailies they will have no characters that are revered with any factions so your point is invalid, but you do have a point with the vp
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2012-12-19 at 03:09 PM.