Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    What I would like to see in 5.2:

Remove rep requirement on T14 valor gear and make it cost JP instead
    Pretty sure this won't happen. They have stuck to their guns saying you have to raid to get raid Tier gear.

Increased rate of JP gain
    LFR bosses should drop JP and any thing that would normally give you VP should convert to giving JP when capped for the week/total.

New level 90 characters would gear up for current content using T14 LFR, vendor gear, and the upgrade system. Yay for non-painful progression raiding!
    The current VP gear should become the new JP. I hope they drop the rep requirements since they would be adding new VP gear and new reps.

Any new 5.2 5-man heroics drop gear equivalent to T14 LFR Hof/TotES (iLvl 483)
    I do believe this will be the case since they said the next tier LFR gear will not be as good as the last tier gear. But then they may change their minds on that since current LFR is close to current tier gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    When did the world firsts clear 16/16 heroic? Oh, right. It was before 5.1. You don't need valor gear, even the 496s (those rings are at honored, btw).

Need no some don't. This is an old and worn out stance though. It is the same as saying Bill Gates made over a billion dollars with out a college degree so nobody should go to college.

Actions speak louder then words. Blizz says we don't need the valor gear then adds in increases and new ways to get valor. Watch their actions instead of listening to their words.

I didn't say what if any rep you needed to get the rings, you do need rep honored or not. That doesn't change anything one way or another beyond cutting down on the amount of quests or days it takes ppl to unlock them.
    Last edited by Alvito; 2012-12-20 at 02:06 AM.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Ranluka View Post
    ...why do you need to?

I know you want to cling to the Pre-MOP model, but this expac, its primary purpose is gear upgrades. That's the the rep gear is lower ilvl. If you're spending it on Rep gear, you're just gimping yourself.
    you are also gimping yourself and your team if after 1 month you have had no luck and are still sitting in blue and 476 gear

---------- Post added 2012-12-20 at 09:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    You can spend valor without doing dailies, its called item upgrades...
    still need epic pve gear to use your valor with the item upgrade system maybe hes unlucky in lfr
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2012-12-20 at 10:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) You're making too many assumptions. In most cases, there is a few bosses that you need all items from. This is where you would use your charms.
    2) Look at it from an entire raid's prospective instead of a singe character's. Instead of 3 chances a week, its 30 or 75.

So basically... without a doubt, charms will increase a raid's performance over time. The chance of a certain person getting a specific upgrade is small, but the chance of a person in the raid getting an upgrade is incredibly high.
    You MIGHT get an upgrade. You MIGHT just as well get stuff you already have. I can count the useful items my raid has gotten (25man) on one hand. Most of the stime peeps just moan in TS because they got gold or sth they already have.

It's pretty ridiculous to assume charms to be mandatory if you're not world first material that wants every last .001%.
    Since you're still here arguing, that means you still need gear for progression. Newsflash: You are not competitive World first material. Relax and enjoy the ride.

@Valor discussion: Blizzard doesn't need to remove dailies or rep requirements. Double rep essentially solved the problem. Doing 2 weeks of daily quests shouldn't bee too much to ask for frigging RAID LEVEL EPICS.

What I like to see them implement is some form of reputation-catch-up mechanism. Currently if you miss a day of your quests, there is no way to remedy what you lost. Not even partially. That is the single most severe flaw the daily system has and it sucks for weekend-players. (My friend quit due to this).

RNG OF BOSS DROPS. So yes it was designed with raiders in mind. Raiders at all levels.
    As a SLOT FILLER. If you are unlucky for a long amount of time: yes. But that's more of a psychological thing than a progression-math thing. They want to dampen the frustration of "darn 3 months and the boss still lets me run around with this blue crap. (nods at guild hunters, these poor SoBs still didn't get the bow...)

However Valor is not mandatory to be able to progress, as many guilds have proven.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2012-12-20 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    you are also gimping yourself and your team if after 1 month you have had no luck and are still sitting in blue and 476 gear

---------- Post added 2012-12-20 at 09:22 AM ----------

still need epic pve gear to use your valor with the item upgrade system maybe hes unlucky in lfr
    Yeah except that if you are having difficulty getting valor gear upgrade worthy gear to drop you can still upgrade your blues with justice points to near purple gear worthyness. All the more reason to not judge someone by the color of the words on their gear and judge them by their in game performance.

Also if your guild wants you to pursue daily gear to get every advantage you can get then thats on you and your guild, not Blizzard. If Blizzard places an elephant on a stage with a 489 ring in its stomache and your guild tells you to slip in its butt and travel through its digestion system to get to the ring before forcing your way out via regurgitation then its not blizzards fault for putting the elephant there in the first place.

Your options are to do what your guild wants or don't. Its still on you and your guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HungryHippo View Post
    But if you remove the daily requirements people might actually realise how shallow Mists is in terms of content!
    Ah another person that has not played the game yet... because there has never been more content.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Make the Commendations stack, so two characters at revered = 200% reputation on the account. Let it stack 3-5 times? Idk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    dailies should be linked to fun/vanity items, not valor gear.

and before you say valor gear isnt needed for raiding, that may be true, but at the same time you are holding your raid back by not getting valor gear to fill slots occupied by blues.
    So, by your own admission, valor gear is NOT need. What you are saying is your GUILD/Raid group is imposing that requirement on you.. NOT Blizzard, right?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    Ah another person that has not played the game yet... because there has never been more content.
    They probably consider sitting in Orgrimmar while waiting for the LFD ques up as content.

I guess if you remove daily 'requirements', achievement hunting, rare hunting, scenarios, challenge modes, fight club, pet battles, pet collecting, mount collecting, LFR, Raiding, Heroic Raiding, transmogging, old dungeon farming, dungeons, heroic dungeons, farming, professions, auction house wars, daily quest chains, PVP, and PVE quests then mists is obviously quite shallow in content.

Stacking sounds great... but not further that twice though...... otherwise it would become free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    I think flavor/vanity items are the things that should be tied behind rep. like the tigers, and so on. if you make cool items, people will grind for them. like frostsabers or w/e.
    Ergo, gear is not cool.... at least not cool enough.
    People are flat out lazy, that's what it is. I'm a casual player and only completed my rep grinds last week. Being 3 weeks into the expansion was already able to get into LFR with just one item from rep I think. And the tailoring head gear. So grinding for rep is not necessary, if you needed the items it would be different, but if I as a casual can get geared for LFR without hardly any Valor gear then people that really want to, should be able to also.

I'm not saying that I would object to a change where it was easier to get, but I do not think it is needed in any way. Perhaps they should remove the valor gear altogether, then there's no more grinding involved at all...? Didn't think so...

10+ Year Old Account
    fight club
    There is no such thing as a "fight club".

/glare

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Make the Commendations stack, so two characters at revered = 200% reputation on the account. Let it stack 3-5 times? Idk.
    You have got to be joking, its already stupid easy to get exalted with any faction. Hell you can get revered with one commendation for Klaxxi before you finish off 75% of the dread wastes quests and before you ever hit level 90. It use to take all the quests plus 7 to 10 days to get revered. I got exalted with tillers in 5 days and I became exalted with Cloud serpant within an hour.

If you add in several stacking commendations you might as well have blizzard come over and wipe your rear for you after you go bathroom in your pants because you are too lazy to actually walk into the bathroom.

---------- Post added 2012-12-20 at 01:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    There is no such thing as a "fight club".

/glare
    I'll stop talking about fight club when I get an invite to fight club, at which point I will be contractually obligated to follow its rules.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2012-12-20 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    So, by your own admission, valor gear is NOT need. What you are saying is your GUILD/Raid group is imposing that requirement on you.. NOT Blizzard, right?
    technically it isnt needed, but stuff like elegon for example becomes much easier if people have better gear. so valor gear in a sense will speed up your progression.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubalus View Post
    you will need some pieces to meet the ilvl req. for lfr, full hc dungeon gear won't get you in there and by now not many guilds will be willing to carry blue alts thru normal raids to gear them up, could ofc buy ah crap to boost ilvl if people have gold to trow away.
    It does if you use JP to upgrade the gear. Besides there's still World Bosses that can provide an epic...

Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    It does if you use JP to upgrade the gear. Besides there's still World Bosses that can provide an epic...
    Woah, you are using way too much logic and reason for this conversation. You mean if I come out of orgrimmar and drop a world boss that spawns every 15 mins I get an item that I can trade in for purple boots that I can spend valor on? But if thats true then I can't hate the rep system so much....

10+ Year Old Account
    While I agree that needing to grind reps to spend valor is kind of dumb, it's far from something required to progress your character. My monk has several peices of epic gear for her PvE DPS and heals set from just LFR and haven't touched a daily since I hit 90 (only did them before for experience). Sure the VP is wasted, but at least I'm not rattling my brain over not being able to spend it since there are other avenues to go by.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not someone who completely hates the new dailies/rep system like many others and for the most part I have very little complaints about this expansion, however I have figured out my main problem with the system and it has to do with my alts. In the past expansions I enjoyed getting my alts to maximum level and then in my free time being able to jump into 5-man normals/heroics and eventually pug raids with them and then later on my guilds raids, all the while slowly being able to watch my character progress in gear and even my own ability from running instances/raids. Even if I was trying to get better gear then what the 5-mans dropped I was still able to save up points to buy a piece from a vendor eventually. That is what I feel like MoP is missing, a non-rep required Valor Point vendor like the past expansions had. When I get an alt to max level I want to be able to jump into dungeons and actually start better learning my class and doing what a large portion of the game is centered around, I do not feel like jumping into grinding dailies until I have the rep to buy the gear I need, HOWEVER I am not saying the rep vendors should be gone, all the past expansions had certain gear or enchants you could only get with grinding up rep, I am fine with that. I am not fine with all the gear being only able to be gotten that way. The only reason I would ever bother even doing non-challenge mode heroics now would be if I happen to have the rep to buy something and need the VP.

So my main complaints if any I have about this expansions are:
    -I love the way Blizz has created the new dailies. I do not like that grinding reputation is the only real way to get PvE gear outside of LFR/raids.
    -If Blizzard had added a VP only vendor like in BC/Wrath/Cata I would have no complaints at all. I wouldn't even care if the pieces cost a lot more VP then the Rep gear or if only certain pieces could be purchased from this vendor, just the option to be able to jump into 5-man with an alt when I reach max level instead of grinding out the same dailies I have already done so many times before.
    -Also I suppose to a lesser extent I would have liked some rep to be gained from doing 5-mans, even if it was only like once or twice a day like the daily VP runs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll stop talking about fight club when I get an invite to fight club, at which point I will be contractually obligated to follow its rules.
    I hear you, buddy. Same boat here.

Whilst we are on top notch suggestions - how about we remove the raid requirement for Heroic Tier gear too, sucks that I have to do weeklies to get raid gear.