Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Always the trouble with new systems they create, you have one way and get rep fast, gear fast and so on ala Cata then bored to tears. Then you have the get rep slow gear up slow and so on currently what we have (and unless you are in a good raiding guild) and still bored to tears because it gets monotonous. The problem when you are trying to slow down the rate of content consumption.

But at least in some small part the new dailies are somewhat better than the train wreck that were the Molten Front dailies which I loathed so much and looking back now are the template in what we have now in terms of having to grind ad nauseum to get to exalted and get the good stuff.

Do people even realize how easy it is to get rep with the 4.1 commendations? I got revered with Klaxxi and honored with Shado-pan just by questing. I got Honored with Golden Lotus within a week. I mean it's stupid easy to get the rep needed for VP gear. Even if you do no dailies at all and just do your normal quest progression and get access to just the Shado-pan and Klaxxi VP gear there are enough VP items there to tie you down for almost a months worth of VP. By then you prob won't even need VP gear anymore.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lizon View Post
    Do people even realize how easy it is to get rep with the 4.1 commendations? I got revered with Klaxxi and honored with Shado-pan just by questing. I got Honored with Golden Lotus within a week. I mean it's stupid easy to get the rep needed for VP gear. Even if you do no dailies at all and just do your normal quest progression and get access to just the Shado-pan and Klaxxi VP gear there are enough VP items there to tie you down for almost a months worth of VP. By then you prob won't even need VP gear anymore.
    Funnily enough that is true, what was interesting that on my draenei hunter before 5.1 i was 500 short of honored with Shado Pan. But on my human mage I was 30 points or so into honored so that plays a bit. But now it is very easy to get to exalted with some of the factions.

What I find annoying is that some of the new 496 rep gear leaves a lot to be desired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by luccadeo View Post
    They should just make rep gains equal across all accounts. You get exalted with a faction on one toon you get automatically become exalted on other toons on that account.
    this should be it imo =P

The VP issue isn't really an issue IMO, tabards cheesed rep grinds, you could get exalted with a faction in a day or two... this one actually builds up to getting an epic which makes it more interesting. That being said, it's probably a bad idea to spend VP on items anyway, seems much smarter to pool it up for upgrades on BIS gear you get from raids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    this is mostly qq about alts. to spend your valor that you get from raiding, you need to grind out reps. which to be honest, is stupid. I get a currency from raiding, and I have to do DAILIES just for the RIGHT to spend it?

who thought of this crap?

my warlock alt has no desire to do any dailies, I do enough of them on my paladin. but, if I want to spend my valor, I have no choice.

rep should only be required for VANITY items. valor items should be on their own vendor, cause if I choose to raid on a character, I shouldnt be forced to do dailies just to spend my valor. all this system does, is FORCE people to do dailies that they dont want to.

being forced to do dailies to spend a currency you primarily get from raiding = dumb.
    you're probably the same guy that asked for vanilla to come back because it was so good, now they give us a small example of what the grind was like and people start QQ'ing....

Why... don't I get this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by luccadeo View Post
    They should just make rep gains equal across all accounts. You get exalted with a faction on one toon you get automatically become exalted on other toons on that account.
    Yeah and same should go with gear. Full epics to all once you have one char with full epics. And I would like also that you get all chars leveled to 90, once you leveled one char to 90. I really wanna play all chars, but I just don't wanna spend any time on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Suizid View Post
    Yeah and same should go with gear. Full epics to all once you have one char with full epics. And I would like also that you get all chars leveled to 90, once you leveled one char to 90. I really wanna play all chars, but I just don't wanna spend any time on them.
    this is over dramatization in its prime.

grinding 60 reps again after you decided to switch mains when a new expansion comes is annoying if you want to get 70

just start with all the pre cata ones and once mop is over make cata's reps account wide, but farming rep in molten core more than once is a pain and dont get me started on the goblin factions
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2012-12-20 at 04:42 PM.

this is all im asking.

if you put in the time to grind reps to exalted on your main, let alts access it too. there are enchants I cant even get on my mage since I have to do august celestials, and thats after doing golden lotus.

I dont have a problem with working for something, but in this case, it's just repetition. boa enchants in wrath were nice, since you didnt have to grind hodir 10 times.

Screw the opinion of the OP I say we should remove the Valor requirements from Rep gear :0
    I shouldn't be required to do two separate grinds for one lousy item.

And to be honest grinding rep is a little more fun than grinding valor these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    And to be honest grinding rep is a little more fun than grinding valor these days.
    Aye. But if they eliminate the valor cost they'd have to reduce the amount of items offered drastically or every one would just be fully raid geared w/0 ever stepping foot into one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    What I find annoying is that some of the new 496 rep gear leaves a lot to be desired.
    A lot of 5.0 VP gear is like that too, especially because of lack of socket.
    The healing ring however, has ~200 more spirit than some 496 rings, so it can be a good choice depending on what you seek.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    Once again, an alt is about repetition, you repeat everything, questing, leveling, gearing, professions, dungeons, raids... all is repeated, so why can't you repeat the dailies and the reputations? Because you dislike dailies? Well, they are now another way of character progress.

A player who hates leveling don't level an alter or not many. A player who hates pvp don't bothers with it. A player who hates raiding don't raid, spends his time in another way. A player who hates dailies should do the same. Don't bother with them and go ahead to dungeons, LFR and raids, upgrade your raid gear with Valor and never again repeat a daily quest.

I think its more boring to repeat the same dungeons or the same LFR's every week. So I skip them as much as possible. It's impossible to have everybody happy with the game, but Blizz is now giving lots of options to play and progress characters. So choose the way you prefer, you will not have everything, but you will have more than enough to start raiding.

And don't complain too much about having to many things to do or we will end like in the last year of Cataclysm, where we had NOTHING to do. And that was REALLY boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedrolo View Post
    Once again, an alt is about repetition, you repeat everything, questing, leveling, gearing, professions, dungeons, raids... all is repeated, so why can't you repeat the dailies and the reputations? Because you dislike dailies? Well, they are now another way of character progress.

A player who hates leveling don't level an alter or not many. A player who hates pvp don't bothers with it. A player who hates raiding don't raid, spends his time in another way. A player who hates dailies should do the same. Don't bother with them and go ahead to dungeons, LFR and raids, upgrade your raid gear with Valor and never again repeat a daily quest.

I think its more boring to repeat the same dungeons or the same LFR's every week. So I skip them as much as possible. It's impossible to have everybody happy with the game, but Blizz is now giving lots of options to play and progress characters. So choose the way you prefer, you will not have everything, but you will have more than enough to start raiding.

And don't complain too much about having to many things to do or we will end like in the last year of Cataclysm, where we had NOTHING to do. And that was REALLY boring.
    Its not always repetition to level alts. I hate redoing content I have already done as far as quests go but with two starter zone continents and two factions in each there is great quest variety. Once you get into outland and northrend it only takes 2 to 2.5 zones to level up past that content and you have 5-7 zones you can level in. Same thing for Cata. In Mop currently Jade forest has a huge faction difference and then you can decide to level mostly in the north, the south, the west or stay on the quest chain.

10+ Year Old Account
    I say unlock all valor gear at honored, and then at revered (or exalted if revered is deemed too easy) you get a 'discount' on all valor gear (like, 25% off or something). That would make it so that people only had to get to honored (which is stupid easy) to unlock valor gear, and grinding to revered/exalted is optional to get the discount.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    this is all im asking.

if you put in the time to grind reps to exalted on your main, let alts access it too. there are enchants I cant even get on my mage since I have to do august celestials, and thats after doing golden lotus.

I dont have a problem with working for something, but in this case, it's just repetition. boa enchants in wrath were nice, since you didnt have to grind hodir 10 times.
    Alts should have to do some work. At least they threw you a bone with commendations to make your main get to exalted faster and your alts to get all rep faster. 2 Alts have gotten revered with Klaxxi and Shadow Pan just from doing the normal quest lines with the commendation buff. So it really is almost like giving your alts free rep.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Then don't do them. Basically your argument is that you want the reward, but don't want to put in the effort.
    That is not at all what they are trying to say. What they are saying is, they still want to work for what they get, but they want the work to be fun. It is a game and those types of things should be fun. Doing the same thing every day, killing 50 of the same thing over and over, is not fun.