[Frost] any other bombs viable?

Hello,

i have been playing frost PVE since the launch of MOP and so far have enjoyed it greatly. I have been fortunate enough to get Light of Cosmos trinket from Elegon last night, however, it only procs from DOT's.

Since i have been using Frost Bomb as my mage bomb of choice, i have no way to proc it, which is a real pain (i was using blue hc Hit trinket before).

Is it viable using either of the 2 bombs as frost? My biggest worry from last night is that NT procs brainfreeze ussualy only once per full duration (12s) sometimes didn't proc even once Living bomb was better, and once even managed 4 Brainfreezes during a single (12s) duration, however sometimes it only procced once..

So, has anyone played frost with either NT or LB? Frost bomb just seems much better - as you know exactly when it will proc and also with alter time you can get 3 FFB's

I really want to use the LoC trinket, but as it is, i can't (

Armory:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eam/Bba/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    According to IcyVeins, and my personnal 8 weeks of raiding, Living Bomb is far superior to frost bomb for the frost spec. While the damage remains roughly equal, the Brain Freeze procrate is slightly higher, not mention the awesome fact that it is instant cast and doesn't brake rotation as frost bomb does.

However, when having LotC, NT procs it slightly higher than LB does, so when you have this trinket, you should aim for NT while in any spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Torian kel View Post
    According to IcyVeins, and my personnal 8 weeks of raiding, Living Bomb is far superior to frost bomb for the frost spec. While the damage remains roughly equal, the Brain Freeze procrate is slightly higher, not mention the awesome fact that it is instant cast and doesn't brake rotation as frost bomb does.

However, when having LotC, NT procs it slightly higher than LB does, so when you have this trinket, you should aim for NT while in any spec.
    thanks for the reply, however, how come for me NT procced so few BF's? after testing it on a dummy it procced 1-2 times (mostly 1 per 12s) and quite a few times it didn't proc at all

I'm thinking that due to much more frequent procs on LB, the less uptime of the trinket is insignificant..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torian kel View Post
    not mention the awesome fact that it is instant cast and doesn't brake rotation as frost bomb does.
    How does an instant cast which triggers a 1 second GCD break your rotation any less than a 1.1 second cast(aside from the .1 second)?

Quote Originally Posted by niai View Post
    How does an instant cast which triggers a 1 second GCD break your rotation any less than a 1.1 second cast(aside from the .1 second)?
    Well it does mess up, if you aren't fully hit capped, as a miss on Frost Bomb means, you cannot recast it until the cd finishes, which does result in quite significant dps loss through direct damage and the missed Brain freeze proc.

Also, having to cast something in my opinion always feels a lot clunkier than an instant cast, it's easier to weave it into your rotation when necessary when you don't have to cast it, as well as being able to do it on the move

Personally i like Frost bomb, although i don't particularly enjoy the fact it has a longer CD than the actual detonation (don't ask me why)

On the same note, does having LB on multiple targets increase the chance to proc BF? Is it a fixed percentage or is it x the number of LB's up?

Deleted
    Frost bomb brings 30% more single target dps than NT and LB to the table (assuming 100% uptime of all 3 bombs). FB casttime is 1.5 seconds and NT a GCD (1.5 sec). I would recommand NT with LoC, super heavy movment fights and encounter with wide spreaded targets (will of the emporer). LB is stronger than FB with 3 gathered targets and slightly stronger with 4. Another advantage are targets with low health pool, due to its ability to explode on death of a target.

If you have DMC and LoC use NT till you get your hands on EoT.

Quote Originally Posted by citizenpete View Post
    Frost bomb brings 30% more single target dps than NT and LB to the table (assuming 100% uptime of all 3 bombs). FB casttime is 1.5 seconds and NT a GCD (1.5 sec). I would recommand NT with LoC, super heavy movment fights and encounter with wide spreaded targets (will of the emporer). LB is stronger than FB with 3 gathered targets and slightly stronger with 4. Another advantage are targets with low health pool, due to its ability to explode on death of a target.

If you have DMC and LoC use NT till you get your hands on EoT.
    thanks for the input, however the 30% increased damage is that direct damage or direct damage + BF procs?

also, in my tests NT proced a lot less BFs than LB did, was that just poor rng or is there a hidden mechanic which makes NT proc less BFs?

Deleted
    I have tested the 3 bombs and they all work fine. I prefer Frost Bomb because predictable proc and I witch to LV or NT depending of the Fight.

Deleted
    30% direct bomb damage only

NT has a 9% and LB has a 25% chance on each of primary damage ticks to proc brain freeze.

Haste scaling for NT:

12.5% 14 ticks, 20.84% 15 ticks, 29.17% 16 ticks, 37.5% 17 ticks

Haste scaling for LB:

12.5% 5 ticks, 37,5% 6 ticks

*Edit*

Never reforge or gem for bombs. Bomb dps are to low for that. The more haste you get, the more important becomes int for frost.
    Last edited by mmocc7076034c2; 2012-12-17 at 02:34 PM.