Guild Wars 2 Mesmer, Legendary Choice

Which would be the best legendary to go with for a mesmer? I see a lot of debate about greatsword/staff and sword n pistol dw

Whichever playstyle you like best or think looks the coolest. Legendary stats are the same as exotics, so it is purely cosmetic and bragging rights. I like twilight myself.

Deleted
    If you're going for a legendary you're going for looks so one of the greatswords imho, plus GS is generally an amazing weapon for a Mesmer. Unless you prefer staff/s+p then go for the staff.

Quote Originally Posted by metalgemini View Post
    Whichever playstyle you like best or think looks the coolest. Legendary stats are the same as exotics, so it is purely cosmetic and bragging rights. I like twilight myself.
    oh are they really? i thought they were just slightly better.

Quote Originally Posted by Apolaan View Post
    oh are they really? i thought they were just slightly better.
    they are the same as ascended gear. Which is slightly better.

Don't go for pistol as Iduelist doesn't inherit it so you will be seeing the animation for legendary pistol 1 time every 25 seconds.

GS still produces waves of darkness or light around the sword when using attack 1. Granted it's not as vibrant as warriors but still.

Bolt is a good option if you like melee

Staff is also a good option however it's the most freaken expensive to make.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    they are the same as ascended gear. Which is slightly better.

Don't go for pistol as Iduelist doesn't inherit it so you will be seeing the animation for legendary pistol 1 time every 25 seconds.

GS still produces waves of darkness or light around the sword when using attack 1. Granted it's not as vibrant as warriors but still.

Bolt is a good option if you like melee

Staff is also a good option however it's the most freaken expensive to make.
    thanks this is the kind of information im looking for, so that narrowed it down to GS and sword for me, which has more survivalbility? im assuming greatsword due to range.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Legendaries will be on par with ascended weapons once they're released, which did not happen yet.
    This means that they're never "slightly better" than the highest quality weapons.

Deleted
    i love the look of the staff so i think it depends on what you like most to have as a legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Apolaan View Post
    thanks this is the kind of information im looking for, so that narrowed it down to GS and sword for me, which has more survivalbility? im assuming greatsword due to range.
    In PvE greatsword because of the range. I literally almost do nothing with the actual bosses if I'm range. 90% of mechanics i've faced have been melee oriented. The others, dodge out of bad circle.

If you want to play more dynamically then go sword.

If you want to be rare and have a legendary without an effect at all go focus.

Bifrost, the Staff, has a beautiful beautiful effect. The sword, Bolt, is absolutely freaking amazing. The Greatswords... too much of it is overpowered by the Mesmer's basic flashy effects. If Spacial Surge (your "1") changed color based on which legendary you were running, we could perhaps have a different opinion. But you spend so much time not even swinging your sword, just pointing it straight out with a slight spin that it doesn't have the added "Hey check this out!" unless you're not in combat to begin with.

I didn't like that at all.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2012-12-17 at 07:47 PM.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

hmm well now im stuck at conveince of greatsword and the cool looks of the sword. ah! making this difficult, oh well, i got ways to go and both share one profession at least so its the other one ill have to decide

10+ Year Old Account
    ohhh caaaanaadddaaaa (i hate our anthem, actually.)
    i'd say the bifrost or the twilight sword. both have really spectacular effects. right now i'm leaning more towards the bifrost, but well, i don't have the money to craft/buy it - v -