Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

"Hero of Shattrath" bugged?

Hello.

Since 5.1 i have seen lots of people getting this achievement while not being exalted with Aldor and Scryers on one character. People seem to be getting this when entering scenarios, bgs etc. Anyone knows if this is intended or a bug? Couldnt find anything about it so posting here in case someone knows anything.

Deleted
    One of their other characters probably has it, and the receiving achievement part is just a bug. Since 5.1 I get random pop-ups of The Loremaster and other achievements when zoning in too, even though I already have them (be it on another character).

Shedi, Loremaster was made account wide, so it popped up on every toon. I believe they did this so you wouldn't have to grind the tabard on every character.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shedi View Post
    One of their other characters probably has it, and the receiving achievement part is just a bug. Since 5.1 I get random pop-ups of The Loremaster and other achievements when zoning in too, even though I already have them (be it on another character).
    No, its a bug with sharing achievements from what I can gather. If you have more than one character, but either have different reputations with scryer and aldor I´d guess it sees it as having both = instant hero of shattrath achievement.
    Since I got it myself, but didn´t on other characters at that time.

What I find interesting is the time I got them though. Initially got a load of achievements on my main, and rogue when zoning into LFR (really got alot on the rogue). But loremaster was when characters zoned into orgrimmar.
    Last edited by Mandible; 2012-12-17 at 04:31 PM.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Deleted
    alts got it again if you had it on one of your mains from what i have experienced. also i'd like to add they should reward a title for this feat with same name as the achiev.

Deleted
    Yes. I have seen people who never did both on one character recieving it. I personally think its a bug and kinda hopes so. If not its a major nerf to the achievement, and i think its a bit unfair if the people who did it pre 5.1 goes unrewarded. It would be nice to actually know if its intended or not!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a bug; if you have two characters, one exalted with Scryers and the other exalted with Aldors, you get the Feat of Strenght easymode.

Deleted
    Good to know, I stopped somewhere half way to completing this. But I still have an char nearly exalted with Scyers, might aswell grab this achievment.

Deleted
    All those poor basilisks died for nothing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drarion View Post

They better not have! People should recieve something for spending several hours killing those bastards. Like the people got a fos for doing "insane in the membrane" prenerf. But we will see if this gets fixed or not. If not i hope players get something in return for their time spent. Could be a fos, title or whatever.

Well that's fucking lame.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

10+ Year Old Account
    After asking a GM about this last night, i can tell 2 things:

- At the launch of 5.1, people who were exalted with Aldor and Scryers on different characters of the same account got the FoS (this was intended, not a bug)

- Unfortunately, as i discovered it at my own pain, since 5.1 it is also impossible to get it anymore if you missed one of the exalted factions until now.

So officially this FoS is no longer available.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    After asking a GM about this last night, i can tell 2 things:

- At the launch of 5.1, people who were exalted with Aldor and Scryers on different characters of the same account got the FoS (this was intended, not a bug)

- Unfortunately, as i discovered it at my own pain, since 5.1 it is also impossible to get it anymore if you missed one of the exalted factions until now.

So officially this FoS is no longer available.
    Mmmh... you got me confused. I was about to go WTF after all i've done to get it... but i didn't quite understand, why aren't you able to earn it anymore?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ten chars for an answer!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Ten chars for an answer!
    Try open a ticket instead of bumping threads

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdozia View Post
    Try open a ticket instead of bumping threads
    /Facepalm at myself. I didn't think at all about that solution, i should've done it earlier. I apologize for the bump, I just wanted to see if Migas11 would come back to shed some light on the part of his post i didn't quite understand :P

Gonna contact a GM tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry about it, i should have answered earlier.

I too saw people getting the FoS after 5.1 so i decided to finish off my DK, that was revered with the Scryers (my main was exalted with Aldor). In the first week of 5.1's lauch i opened a ticket to ask why i wasn't awarded the FoS when i finally got both exalted factions, and the GM that answered me told me that since 5.1 that FoS is no longer obtainable, either by grinding both factions on one character, or doing it on two separate ones on the same account, but it was retroactive to those who got exalted with both factions before 5.1 on different characters.

I can't help but feel a little bit cheated on, as they nerfed the FoS in the same action that made it no longer obtainable, so the people who got it probably didn't even know about it...

So im left on my main with a huge amount of Dampscale Basilisk Eyes that i never got to use... while i secretly hope that GM somehow misunderstood my question and told me something wrong...

Thanx for this post.

Hero of Shattrath finally has some worth again.

Sorry to all that did not get it, but i do not blame you.
    Just a feat with no title nor weight as a feat.
    Did not seem worthwhile until now

Deleted
    Wait. So. It's not obtainable anymore?