Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Where on earth do you see that? Got a link to back up your bashing?
    Indeed I do, because I'm capable of thinking objectively and using facts unlike most posters...

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaNet
    The Toymaker Tixx Instance

Tixx will be asking players to climb aboard his airborne workshop to help him build toys. Gather a group of your friends, because this unique five-player instance is a perilous adventure that changes with each toy made! Every major city is getting a toy of its own, so look for the instance entrance beneath the airship as it makes its way across Tyria. Tixx has been kind enough to publish the following itinerary for his journey:

10am PST, 12/15—The Grove
    10am PST, 12/16—Divinity’s Reach
    10am PST, 12/17—The Black Citadel
    10am PST, 12/18—Hoelbrak
    10am PST, 12/19—Rata Sum
    10am PST, 12/20—Lion’s Arch

Don’t worry if you miss one of the stops. Once Tixx arrives in Lion’s Arch, you can play any day’s version of the airship instance you’d like!

Limited Edition Tixx Toy Minis

Toymaker Tixx is making five special toys this year. Building the toys yourself is no easy process, but if you successfully complete an airship instance, you’ll be rewarded with secret ingredients needed to make a toy mini. Each toy requires a unique frame and several toy components. Complete each city’s airship instance, and you’ll have more than enough ingredients to make any toy you’d like.
    Intentionally unclear. They had to clarify it on the forums. Also note the "Limited Edition" part regarding the minis, and the fact that they will not confirm whether we can complete the set later (Which will actually take 2 years). Wonder why? Oh right, because they get ~$4.50 per mini purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    Guild Wars 2 has no subscription fee (Buy2Play model). Then how the hell can people even get mad at them selling some mini's/vanity items in the gem store? You can even choose 2 of the 5 mini's that we're discussing here, plus you can also buy the gems with in-game gold. And do you even realize how much gems you could buy with $15/month?
    Get dat logic outta here! We dun like your kind here!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Indeed I do, because I'm capable of thinking objectively and using facts unlike most posters...

Intentionally unclear. They had to clarify it on the forums. Also note the "Limited Edition" part regarding the minis, and the fact that they will not confirm whether we can complete the set later (Which will actually take 2 years). Wonder why? Oh right, because they get ~$4.50 per mini purchase.

Read the link again, dear boy. It says A toy mini. Not ALL toy minis.

They promised us one, gave us two and you're complaining that you didn't get all five for free.

sheesh
    Valar morghulis

OMG the toy soldier is a Charr nutcracker, that is amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    OMG the toy soldier is a Charr nutcracker, that is amazing.
    You can make an endless tonic, turn yourself into the Charr nutcracker and make it dance! (if you don't want the toy that is, good thing to do with your frames that you aren't using for toys)
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    You can make an endless tonic, turn yourself into the Charr nutcracker and make it dance! (if you don't want the toy that is, good thing to do with your frames that you aren't using for toys)
    can you tell me the recipe to make it?

Deleted
    Griffon is tooooo cuuuuuuute

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake1596 View Post
    can you tell me the recipe to make it?
    50 stuffing +50 glue +1 glittering dust + toyframe of your choice

Gives you either a gift with the frame (get your toyframe back) and 3 single use tonics, OR an Endless Tonic of that toy type (consumes the frame).
    Not sure of the chance rate, some people get it the first try, some get it the 20th.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    Griffon is tooooo cuuuuuuute
    I agree, it is by far the cutest one so far (I haven't seen today's toy yet). I also love that the Griffons you fight in the dungeon have the specially ability "Fluffy".

Wow, what a disgusting and blatant money grab.

It's amazing how when they introduce quality content it comes alongside this kind of bullshit.
    You mean, the same company that allows you to trade, through their own "gem shop", in-game money into gems, so you don't EVER have to waste a dime?
    Seriously, I find charging 15$ a month for a 10 year old game way disgusting.
    Or offering huge advantages through money shops disgusting.

So far, I haven't paid a dime besides the price of the box game, and have bought thousands of gems with in-game currency.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I agree, it is by far the cutest one so far (I haven't seen today's toy yet). I also love that the Griffons you fight in the dungeon have the specially ability "Fluffy".
    I had to get my mesmer a doll, but then figuring out the second toy was a bit of a challenge. Luckily (I guess) the Asura's little golem thingee was underwhelming, so the griffon took lead over the charr toy soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by Valort View Post
    You mean, the same company that allows you to trade, through their own "gem shop", in-game money into gems, so you don't EVER have to waste a dime?

So far, I haven't paid a dime besides the price of the box game, and have bought thousands of gems with in-game currency.
    Ahh the short-sightedness and/or egocentricity of people.

Where did those gems you bought come from good sir? Oh right, someone giving ANet their credit card info. It's all the same to them, someone is spending real money to get those gem shop items.

Or offering huge advantages through money shops disgusting.
    While ANet isn't guilty (yet) of offering the kinds of "huge advantages" that many F2P games do, the gem shop is full of minor advantage granting items and - what I find far more disturbing - is ridiculously exploitative. Namely when it comes to gambling. Got to hand it to them, they know where the money is.

Read the link again, dear boy. It says A toy mini. Not ALL toy minis.

They promised us one, gave us two and you're complaining that you didn't get all five for free.

sheesh
    Lawl that's completely out of context, and not even relevant to my point. I pointed out it's unclear, which it obviously is. I'm justifying the outrage people are expressing on the official forums. Amazing how a company is infallible to some people.
    Last edited by Drakhar; 2012-12-19 at 10:22 PM.

Fortunately, I didn't think the griffon was that cute. (I mean, it's cute, but it's definitely in 3rd place for me.) I was already in love with the Ventari and Charr-cracker so it saves me from having to make a difficult decision. :P

The golem, while better than I thought it was going to be, is still underwhelming comparatively. I personally don't like the doll at all, I thought it was the worst mini, but to each his own.

Deleted
    I got the ventari toy and the plush griffon. Best pets for me. I also liked the charr nutcracker. But the other 2 were a bit meh. The asura golem was kind of weak compared to rest, it was more of a flying diamond then a golem even. And the doll... was a doll, and I didn't like her because she was full of herself and spoiled in the dungeon to be honest lol.

Ahh the short-sightedness and/or egocentricity of people.

Where did those gems you bought come from good sir? Oh right, someone giving ANet their credit card info. It's all the same to them, someone is spending real money to get those gem shop items.

While ANet isn't guilty (yet) of offering the kinds of "huge advantages" that many F2P games do, the gem shop is full of minor advantage granting items and - what I find far more disturbing - is ridiculously exploitative. Namely when it comes to gambling. Got to hand it to them, they know where the money is.

Lawl that's completely out of context, and not even relevant to my point. I pointed out it's unclear, which it obviously is. I'm justifying the outrage people are expressing on the official forums. Amazing how a company is infallible to some people.
    Lets see...
    Anet has Gem-store exclusive items... Which can be bought from the gem store, after buying gems IN-GAME with in-game currency.
    Therefore, theoretically, ANY player, even one who will never buy gems with real money, can get ANYTHING from the gem store.
    Also, the "advantage granting" items available on the gem store, can be acquired without ever opening the gem store, as it is.

Now, on the other hand, WoW has store-exclusive items as well (And, much like GW2's store, mostly pets and visuals) which can only be bought with REAL MONEY, unless you count the silly winged guardian pet which isn't BOP.

Seriously, when it comes to being cut-throat money-grubbing twats, Anet are far from the pyramid's top.

Quote Originally Posted by Valort View Post
    Lets see...
    Seriously, when it comes to being cut-throat money-grubbing twats, Anet are far from the pyramid's top.
    Just let the sub-topic die please, no way will anything said persuade them to change their opinion.

---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 07:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    I got the ventari toy and the plush griffon. Best pets for me. I also liked the charr nutcracker. But the other 2 were a bit meh. The asura golem was kind of weak compared to rest, it was more of a flying diamond then a golem even. And the doll... was a doll, and I didn't like her because she was full of herself and spoiled in the dungeon to be honest lol.
    Thematically fit my human mesmer though, the doll did.

OTOH, I really didn't care for the ventari. It looked decent, but not worth it for me. The Toy Soldier might have been cool, but depends on if the animations of the monster carried over to the toy or not and meh, the griffon is always cute.

The Toy Soldier was neat with the pop gun, but not sure if the toy gets it.

I figured the Asura would get a golem, but glad it wasn't the normal golem model. It was cool how they wove the toys to the cities though.

Just got myself the soldier and griffin. Stashing the frames in the bank forever!

Back to fractals.

Deleted
    I only made me a plush griffon. The rest I made into endless tonics

10+ Year Old Account
    We get a big event, some cool stuff, some dungeon thingies, jumping puzzle, but wait ...

Oh dear lord!!!

WE CAN ONLY GET 2 OUT OF 5 MINIPETS !!!!!!! BLASPHEMY!!!!

Well, we could exchange some gold for gems to buy them from the store, but that's totally beside the point, right???

No, bad arenanet, this is clearly just a scam!!!

Really?people are really raging about this?

Newsflash, we're not paying a monthly fee for this game. We're getting monthly updates/events which is more content than any other major MMO except Rift. Stop complaining, farm some gold and buy gems from that. This is just getting silly.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    Really?people are really raging about this?

Newsflash, we're not paying a monthly fee for this game. We're getting monthly updates/events which is more content than any other major MMO except Rift. Stop complaining, farm some gold and buy gems from that. This is just getting silly.
    The only people raging are people that will rage about any of it and people that will argue with those people all day long, so how about we stick to topic instead of derailing things.