Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only class on which i used considerably fewer binds that any other was rogue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahahahahahahahahaha... least keybindings??? Hey man, if you want to get serious into WoW and be a try-hard... that shouldn't be a question. You'll find out that you'll need countless keybindings regardless of what class you play... it's not just abilities that you have to make keybindings for... you have to have focus binds... or cancel/activate binds... you'd probably have atleast over 30 keybindings if you do it right. The only aspect of this game that you can get away with less than 10 bindings is PvE... considering 1-6 on your bar should be your rotation/CD's and the last bindings you create are for trinkets or other long CD's. Either you go the whole way or you don't... the game is like a whole new experience when you start keybinding, I can assure you that.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Principe View Post
    You must be a 1200 player with that intellect and probably play a ret or dk. Gtfo.
    Learn to read.

I said suffers the least, they still suffer a great deal.
    that shouldn't be a question. You'll find out that you'll need countless keybindings regardless of what class you play... it's not just abilities that you have to make keybindings for... you have to have focus binds... or cancel/activate binds... you'd probably have atleast over 30 keybindings if you do it right.
    While this is true, what I said is also true.
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2012-12-18 at 04:17 AM.

DK's can perform more effectively with not that many binds compared to other classes with not many binds, in my opinion. As people have mentioned, it won't be necessarily be good, but it will be better.

Deleted
    well i play wow since vanilla and played all classes so far. i am not pvp hero but i stayed over 2k rating for over a year in wotlk, so my opinion is :

Paladin. They have generally much less mandatory keybinds, ofcourse someone can play paladin with 50 keybinds while other play warlock with 20. But mandotary keybinds which will bring you atleast 2k rating is by far holy or retri paladin.

Also paladin is historily known as "noob booster" since it naturally low skillcap and many players who cant go above 1.8k rating with anyclass generally can do with paladin. Dont get me wrong, i like paladins they are nice, just they are more designed to be easier to play.

As the second least i would say frost mage. They have many skills sometimes but again, mandotary ones are really little and also they generally need less since they dont need cast abilities on their teamm8s, such as dispels heals etc. Also many abilities they use alot just comes with procs so they do not need much buttons to push.

For most i would suggest feral druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    Are you joking?

I think what you're looking for is BM Hunter, if I made a bindings to effectiveness graph it would show them suffering the least from having less bindings.

Bind Kill Command, Arcane Shot, Disengage, Deterrence, and Stampede [macro'd with all your cooldowns]

Boom.
    As a BM hunter I can say you're very far off.
    My bindings are:
    Arcane Shot
    Kill Command
    Glaive Toss
    Blink Strike (macroed with cooldowns)
    Stampede (no cooldowns as stable pets provide ample buffs/debuffs)
    Cobra Shot
    Serpent Sting (on Rogues only usually)
    Bestial Wrath
    Rapid Fire
    Berserking
    PVP Trinket
    On-use Trinket
    4 bound traps
    Dismiss Pet
    Call Pet 1-5 (all individually bound)
    Master's Call (macroed to include mouseover friendly target)
    Widow Venom (plus focus modifier)
    Silencing Shot (plus focus modifiers)
    Scatter Shot (plus focus modifiers)
    BM Pet Stun (plus focus modifiers
    Monkey Stun/Disarm/Web (plus focus modifiers)
    Spirit Mend
    Exhilaration
    Readiness
    Deterrence
    Disengage
    Camouflage
    Distracting Shot
    Feign Death
    Flare
    Mount
    Some empty slots for situational stuff (Healthstone, potions)
    3 target swapping binds
    3 focus swapping binds

Without actually logging in to check the rest that's what I remember off the top of my head. All are bound to my keyboard except for some utility stuff on my mouse wheel as I play with a standard mouse with wheel.

More often than not I will use 95% of these in a single arena match.

For the OP, bindings aren't class-determined. It's a matter of your own personal playstyle. Any abilities you can better utilise or could supplement others through a macro should be done so and on your bars.
    Whoever said less is more is clearly not a WoW player.

Yes, you use that many, and to perform well that is what you need. This doesn't change the fact that BM is the most forgiving at lower skill levels for having the least number of binds, consider that he has to ask this question at all.

I am not making a pointed comment about hunters. He can get by in what I'm sure he does (random BGs) more easily with a pet doing a significant portion of his damage than any other class/spec combination.

Deleted
    My hunter got too many, my sPriest doesnt even use Sideaction bars.

From personal expirience most classes/specs require tons of keybinds to play to their fullest. I'd place my bet on frost DK thought.

Yes, you use that many, and to perform well that is what you need. This doesn't change the fact that BM is the most forgiving at lower skill levels for having the least number of binds, consider that he has to ask this question at all.

I am not making a pointed comment about hunters. He can get by in what I'm sure he does (random BGs) more easily with a pet doing a significant portion of his damage than any other class/spec combination.
    Dont forget the videos of double BM hunters in 2v2 with 3 keybinds. 1 button macro and trinket and camoflauge and they got over 1800 and barely lost. Obviously BM has had some nerfs since then but its still hilarious.

Are you joking?

I think what you're looking for is BM Hunter, if I made a bindings to effectiveness graph it would show them suffering the least from having less bindings.

Bind Kill Command, Arcane Shot, Disengage, Deterrence, and Stampede [macro'd with all your cooldowns]

Boom.
    LOL.

Good luck with this.

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 09:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Hahahahahahahahahaha... least keybindings??? Hey man, if you want to get serious into WoW and be a try-hard... that shouldn't be a question. You'll find out that you'll need countless keybindings regardless of what class you play... it's not just abilities that you have to make keybindings for... you have to have focus binds... or cancel/activate binds... you'd probably have atleast over 30 keybindings if you do it right. The only aspect of this game that you can get away with less than 10 bindings is PvE... considering 1-6 on your bar should be your rotation/CD's and the last bindings you create are for trinkets or other long CD's. Either you go the whole way or you don't... the game is like a whole new experience when you start keybinding, I can assure you that.
    Hunters have over 10 bindings in their DPS rotations alone. Idiot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    I'd say rets have the most binds of any class, save maybe druids, hunters, or rogues...
    I had to start using the ctrl modifier on my druid because I didn't have enough binds. Rogues and hunters don't really have THAT many keybinds though. I'm not completely sure about MoP, but in cataclysm I had enough binds for both classes with using the shift-modifier.

OT: I'm pretty sure that the class that requires the least, or at least the spec, keybinds is a monk. I've got like 3-4 keybinds left to use on my WW monk (well they're used, but for junk spells and items like Hardened Shell and Path of Blossoms...).

my hunter has Q through Y bound, plus shift+Ctrl mods. along with a through g, with shift mods and 3 ctrl mods. also, z through n bound, with shift mods. plus 5 binds on my mouse, no shift mods.

and my hunters only 2k

My dk is 2175ish and i only have shift mods, same amount of binds, just no ctrl mods

It really depends what you're looking to do. If you want to just run around smashing face in random BGs, Frost Mage and BM Hunter don't take a ton of keybinds. You won't be good, but you can do plenty of damage.

Probably Frost DK's. I got about 25 binds as Frost and 70 as Unholy. With macros ofc.

Edit: Shadow Priests also, followed by Paladins.
    Last edited by Senathor; 2012-12-20 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinho View Post
    It most certainly isn't Rogues for PvP.
    My frost DK is hilariously easy though. 12 binds only.
    Really? Granted I'm a "casual" PVPer, but even I have bound

Attacks:
    - obliterate
    - frost strike
    - howling blast
    - soul reaper
    - plague strike

Utility:
    - icy touch
    - deaths advance
    - anti-magic shell
    - necrotic strike
    - death grip
    - chains of ice
    - dark simulacrum

Control:
    - remorseless winter/gorefiends grasp
    - strangulate/asphixiate

CD's
    - pillar of frost
    - trinket
    - ghoul
    - death pact
    - empower rune weapon
    - lichborne/death coil
    - unholy blight
    - icebound fortitude

And I know I am missing some. Frost may have a limited number of damaging attacks to hit, but I use everyone of those binds in PVP. Others classes/specs have more, no doubt, but suggesting frost is a 12button spec is disingenuous.
    Last edited by Skarssen; 2012-12-20 at 04:54 PM.

It's really up to the player. I've played my class for so long and I just keep adding more and more keybinds. I'm pretty confident my class is playable without focus flame and frost shock though ;3

I will still answer this with a resounding no. What you're essentially suggesting to him is to go do BGs and not to bother binding any defensive or utility cooldowns/abilites. Even in the undergeared wasteland that is the random BG a hunter will still need traps, silencing shot, disengage and deterrence AT BARE MINIMUM to supplement his offensive abilities. By leaving your utility/defense behind you're essentially playing half the class...might as well just leave it at lvl 60 and roll something else with that mind-set.
    Now as far as PVE is concerned, yeah, you could pretty much get away with your rotation+Readiness. But PVE is fucking lame.

very subjective opinions some just refer to damage abilities and think its fdk, but its not, cause you have to survive, use focus macros and utility too, or you are just avg.
    Just managing the runes with blood tap and necros can be quite interesting compared to an endless mana pool, endless rage or energy where only cd stacking in a 1shot macro is required.

More interesting question would be who got the most keybinds to be playable at all?
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2012-12-22 at 03:00 AM.

Deleted
    Frost dk's.

Most keybinds being warlock followed by non beastiality hunters and maybe disc priests.