Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    PvP power negates resilience. Resilience negates PvP power.

Don't tell people it doesn't negate anything, that is just straight up wrong. Its JOB is to negate.
    We're just arguing semantics here, but resilience and pvp power don't negate each other, they work counter to each other. Pvp power is a part of your damage calculation, and resilience is a part of your mitigation calculation. Your raw damage is run through your target's total mitigation, and the result is your actual damage.

Negation is a little more complex, but it would involve the stats actually interacting directly--more like armor penetration.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Yes, I do have PvP gear. Not only I do have PvP gear, I have got 100% PvP gear. Full PvP gear in fact. 7 Contender's pieces and 7 Dreadful pieces. Like I said before, trolling does not constitute a valid counter argument.
    While we're arguing semantics, what've you got for a weapon? Oh, I guess you don't have 100% pvp gear then. Your question's been answered; I genuinely hope you're trolling at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Celic View Post
    You probably got killed by a moonkin who outgeared you, popping all cd's and you call nerf?
    If you want to remove what you call "hybrid burst" maybe Blizzard should remove pure classes selfhealing at the same time
    That's a good post.

My Hunter doesn't have any self-healing.

I forgot to mention that the Druid responsible for this outrageously huge crit after dps ing me down, would merely shift to healer form, and go ahead and merrily top their teammates' health to 100% without even going out of mana.

So yeah, hybrids need a huge nerf to bring them in line with pures. If you want huge burst that's fine, but your healing of others should be insignificant to compensate. Currently, I see druids doing huge damage and then also huge healing.
    Last edited by Sturmbringe; 2012-12-18 at 04:08 PM.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said before, ad hominem attacks are a clear signal that you have lost the argument given that you don't have anything to argue against the OP, so you just resort to name calling.

The fact remains, that 165k crit on full PvP gear is broken and should not be happening. In fact, it is proof that there is too much burst in PvP atm and also that Blizzard has failed to address the PvP burst issue.
    Guess what, that 165k crit would maybe hit me for 120k, out of my 410k hp because I'm waaaay better geared. Guess what, getting crit for 25% of your hp by an ability that has a cooldown from someone using all his cooldowns is perfectly fine.
    Also, it's you calling everyone a troll... So who exactly is calling names?

Also, that "full pvp gear" of you compared to some proper gear like mine, is comparing the gear of someone in greens to someone in full epics. Your gear is terrible, no matter what you say and the damage is also fine, no matter what you say.

Also, hunters do have self healing....

EDIT: honestly, I really feel like placing a meme here now...
    Last edited by Nicola; 2012-12-18 at 04:09 PM.

While we're arguing semantics, what've you got for a weapon? Oh, I guess you don't have 100% pvp gear then. Your question's been answered; I genuinely hope you're trolling at this point.
    No, I have got 100% PvP GEAR. The word "gear" does not include "weapon".
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Lol complete troll at this point, let him sit in his failed attempt and question his sad excuse of a life.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-12-20 at 02:11 PM.

The word you're looking for is armor. Gear is inclusive of weapons.

Also, hunters do have some healing, it's just not something you have direct control of the way a hybrid would.

Im not 100% sure about all burst being broken but your brain on the otherhand is. "you have 100% pvp gear" thats a null argument, thats like me rolling up in my level 60 field marshall attire and claiming full pvp gear and getting smashed for over 150k. just because your in full pvp gear doesn't mean anything. what means something is when your in optimal pvp gear and gemmed/enchanted optimally to mitigate the incoming damage, then if ur getting nuked in globals you have a fair argument. untill then go practise your defensive cds on target dummies ....Psst they dont hit back

Keep it civil. Flaming isn't tolerated here
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-12-18 at 05:30 PM.

Why isn't this thread locked yet? This guy doesn't know what he's talking about and all he does is attack players that don't agree with his crappy logic.

53% resilience is nothing. Wearing shitty blues that are all PvP gear doesn't make you god. People are out there in full malevolent upgraded gear, which is MILES better than where you are. A 163k hit is NOTHING on a guy like you. When I see someone in 318k HP I immediately know they're in shitty gear. FULL gear means weapon btw, and also implies that you have above entry level gear. Everyone on this thread agrees with everything that has been said to you before. Why would we all take our time to troll you and write 5 pages of "trolling?" Seriously, get your shit together man, listen to the people giving you sound and honest advice. After 5 pages of people constantly hammering you for your flawed logic, I would think you got the message already.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Also, hunters do have self healing....

EDIT: honestly, I really feel like placing a meme here now...
    No, we do NOT have self-healing. Exhilaration is a TALENT, and spirit beast healing comes with spirit beast pets only. The class does NOT inherently possess self-healing. Your ignorance is quite apparent.

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 04:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    The word you're looking for is armor. Gear is inclusive of weapons.
    No, it is NOT.

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 04:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dooves View Post
    Im not 100% sure about all burst being broken but your brain on the otherhand is. "you have 100% pvp gear" thats a null argument, thats like me rolling up in my level 60 field marshall attire and claiming full pvp gear and getting smashed for over 150k. just because your in full pvp gear doesn't mean anything. what means something is when your in optimal pvp gear and gemmed/enchanted optimally to mitigate the incoming damage, then if ur getting nuked in globals you have a fair argument. untill then go practise your defensive cds on target dummies ....Psst they dont hit back

btw what was the name of the druid was it Bubbawatson on Archimonde -eu??
    Ad hominem attacks and personal flaming, only show that you are unable to offer a proper argument and thus resort to flaming.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, we do NOT have self-healing. Exhilaration is a TALENT, and spirit beast healing comes with spirit beast pets only. The class does NOT inherently possess self-healing. Your ignorance is quite apparent.

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 04:24 PM ----------

No, it is NOT.
    Because your selfhealing comes in the form of a pet and a talent, it doesn't mean you have no selfhealing....
    Honestly, this is all I've left to say

--Don't post memes--
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-12-18 at 05:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard just need to introduce ilevel brackets for random BGs and get it over with. The growing problem of burst in PvP is scaling with the growing difference in ilevels between tiers of gear. A blue kitted out player in a BG won't stand a chance against an epic kitted out player in a BG due to the difference in stats offered by the inflated stats we now play under.

But that requires doing something.
    No, it is NOT.
    YES IT IS! Only you think gear isn't taking in to account everything you're wearing; AKA your GEAR, which makes up your GEARscore.
    Last edited by Theodon; 2012-12-18 at 04:30 PM.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    In this thread: People that don't understand what the word negate means.

Resilience - reduces damage from players
    PvP Power - increases damage to players

PvP power negates resilience. Resilience negates PvP power.

Don't tell people it doesn't negate anything, that is just straight up wrong. Its JOB is to negate.
    No, the word "negate" has a special meaning, when used in such context and you are not using it correctly. It's hard to explain, but let's say: the value of Resilence is higher when PvP Power of your enemy is higher. So when your enemy increase his PvP Power, he increases the value of your resilence. That's the opposite of making it ineffective.
    Last edited by mmoc331d9c635d; 2012-12-18 at 04:37 PM.

Im not a hunter but what does chimera shot do, i know ur bm but ur full of s**t too.

163k is like half your HP and you're in fairly bad gear, get back to me when it does 80-90%

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Because your selfhealing comes in the form of a pet and a talent, it doesn't mean you have no selfhealing....
    Honestly, this is all I've left to say

No, we do NOT have self-healing. Exhilaration is a TALENT, and spirit beast healing comes with spirit beast pets only. The class does NOT inherently possess self-healing. Again, your ignorance is quite apparent.

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 04:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dooves View Post
    Im not a hunter but what does chimera shot do, i know ur bm but ur full of s**t too.
    Beast Mastery Hunters do NOT have Chimera Shot. You don't have a clue about Hunters, do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    .So, conclusion; Cooldowns shouldn't be stackable so much, and Resi. shouldn't be negated so heavily by PVP Power to the point removing both would be a much easier solution to manage. Balance PVE health of mobs, and counter this by reducing player damage and healing. You end up with the same health now, but healing and damage are both reduced to make up for lower boss health, which in turn means PVP damage isn't so crazy. There's definitely a balance that could be struck in there.
    It doesn't. You need 67% pvp power to completely negate the base 40% resilience someone has.
    To completely negate 67% resilience, you'll need 300% pvp power.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is ridiculous, really, the amount of fighting over this.

You've got your answer, OP. If you refuse to listen and just tell everyone they're wrong, they're trolls, they're ignorant and so on, there is no reason to keep this thread open.