Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting, well I logged my first hour as a the dark elf thing Rogue. It took a bit to realize I can just change my souls. I have it set to Blade Dancer, Assassin, Nightblade. Still not sure what's going on for the most part, but the controls are enough like WoW to where I am progressing quickly I think
    Roboctopus of STAY MAD - Sargeras
    http://staymad.enjin.com/

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeonde View Post
    Interesting, well I logged my first hour as a the dark elf thing Rogue. It took a bit to realize I can just change my souls. I have it set to Blade Dancer, Assassin, Nightblade. Still not sure what's going on for the most part, but the controls are enough like WoW to where I am progressing quickly I think
    Yeah...the game has a lot of menu options, a UI editor, and a lot of customizable things for your class. If you want, you can put points into whatever soul you want, but it tells you where to put points for the role you selected on character creation.

I would just follow it until you feel comfortable with the system, then you can start putting them where you please and also swap souls/get additional roles as you get higher and have the Plat for it.

When I looked last night, there were still 2500 free games and months left on the offer so you should be able to get it pretty quickly.

couple of quick tips:

1) In the interface settings, under MISC, there is an option to enable loot all by default. Probably want that on.

2) Vendors have a button at the bottom right that sells all gray items instantly. Also, your bag bar has a button to auto-organize your inventory.

3) Not all of your initial abilities are placed on your action bars and you can enable extra action bars through the interface menu as well. Check through your spellbook to make sure you have everything you need on a bar.

Have fun. And if you like holiday events, make sure to get involved in Fae Yule going on. Closing rifts gives you snowflakes (the holiday currency) and there are also some dailies and trees that spawn all over the map where you can loot presents for more snowflakes/holiday items.

PS: you should play on me and Kittys server :X

We are on deepwood.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    PS: you should play on me and Kittys server :X

We are on deepwood.
    Actually, HK, I saw you guys were on Deepwood in one of your posts and for now that is where I started.

For my first character, I wanted to go the easiest path and just worry solely about DPS, until I am comfortable with it, so I pretty much am spending my soul points on DPS increases. Those interface options that Kitty mentioned sound great, I am gonna do that.

Awesome!

If you used my RAF I am Nivara on your friends list. And a few others, but for the most part Nivara.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I did. I saw you on my list. My toons name is Brashal. I'm gonna keep poking around on it, see what if I'm enjoying it. It's cool so far. I'm interested to see where it goes. I am still a raider on WoW, so of course I need to dedicate time to improving myself there too. But I am gonna play this for the trial period and do the Raptr thing .

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I did. I saw you on my list. My toons name is Brashal. I'm gonna keep poking around on it, see what if I'm enjoying it. It's cool so far. I'm interested to see where it goes. I am still a raider on WoW, so of course I need to dedicate time to improving myself there too. But I am gonna play this for the trial period and do the Raptr thing .
    I hear the raids in this game really appeal to oldschool raiders...apparently they are serious business. A few more hours in, still liking it? I think it's only 4 hours to get the free game...but maybe it was 8. I don't remember because they have 4 levels of rewards for Rift. I got it before I hit 20, but that was dabbling with another character and doing some professions/holiday stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just to go back a page about the Raptr Desktop App, I've not needed to add one game manually (including WoW) and it tracks my played time. Weird that you need to add it manually. The only thing that isn't working for me for the minute is that it's not tracking the achievements I earn (like it does in other games, like Sleeping Dogs etc).

Anyway good luck with your Rift adventures!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I hear the raids in this game really appeal to oldschool raiders...apparently they are serious business. A few more hours in, still liking it? I think it's only 4 hours to get the free game...but maybe it was 8. I don't remember because they have 4 levels of rewards for Rift. I got it before I hit 20, but that was dabbling with another character and doing some professions/holiday stuff.
    I should be able to get the hours put in, I think. So far I find it fun. The Soul Grid thing is really overwhelming. Are they resettable? I'd hate to make poor allocations and have to start over.

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 02:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    Just to go back a page about the Raptr Desktop App, I've not needed to add one game manually (including WoW) and it tracks my played time. Weird that you need to add it manually. The only thing that isn't working for me for the minute is that it's not tracking the achievements I earn (like it does in other games, like Sleeping Dogs etc).

Anyway good luck with your Rift adventures!
    It tracks Rift just fine but oddly not Wow. I dont care much, just found it odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    I should be able to get the hours put in, I think. So far I find it fun. The Soul Grid thing is really overwhelming. Are they resettable? I'd hate to make poor allocations and have to start over.

It tracks Rift just fine but oddly not Wow. I dont care much, just found it odd.
    Yeah you can respec at your class trainer for next to nothing. You're not locked into anything.

I have some friends that play WoW and Raptr is tracking fine for them so not sure what's up.

Once you reach level 8, you should be able to visit your trainer and have him reset your souls (for an increasing amount of money). And when you reset, you can choose new souls to use. You can also buy another role (second spec) for about 30 gold I believe. You can have around 6, and each one costs more than the previous one.

And my Raptr tracks WoW as well. Have you done a scan of your computer? That should make it track WoW. But, if you aren't too worried about it, then *shrug*. Not like there is anything available for WoW on Raptr. No rewards or anything. And I usually see some Rift stuff at least once a year.
    Last edited by Pachycrocuta; 2012-12-18 at 08:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

You talking about the soul talent assignment in Rift? or some feature in Raptr?

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Without being home on the client I can't see the exact numbers, but the website would have a large "MISSED" red banner over expired/fulfilled offers. Currently it doesn't for this one:
    http://raptr.com/rewards/rift-amateur

so anyone who is interested in this game, you need to do this.
    They ran out of keys a few weeks ago but since have gotten more. Currently as of this post there are 2311 left and 25 days to claim them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    Once you reach level 8, you should be able to visit your trainer and have him reset your souls (for an increasing amount of money).
    And... don't panic - a soul reset cost is "capped" at later levels. You can also buy up to SIX different roles (specs) which can be a combination of any 3 souls of any of the 9 souls available. So, yeah - there is a LOT of diversity. I recommend you use a "purpose" or built in template initially as this automatically suggests points to fill in as you level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah like people said you can 'respec' for a price. Plat is slow to get at first, but really starts ramping up nicely. It does feel overwhelming at first, which is why I suggested using the built in feature that automatically tells you how to spec as you level. It even gives you a warning if you spend pts outside of what they tell you...that it will 'invalidate your purpose' that you selected on character creation.

This game has Hexaspec though, instead of dual spec, so don't be afraid to just try things out. I'd buy an additional role as soon as you are able from your trainer. It will give you one spec to play with on your own and then keep the main one to do what they tell you.

15+ Year Old Account
    If I understand correctly you need 4 hours played time in Rift to get this key from Raptr? If you can't play that much, an option is just to leave Rift open (on character screen for example) while you're not actually playing, Raptr still counts it as played time as far as I know (or at least it did for me in WoW, I accidently left WoW open one night and the next morning when I came to my PC and closed it, Raptr had counted that I'd been playing for 14 hours ^^).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    If I understand correctly you need 4 hours played time in Rift to get this key from Raptr? If you can't play that much, an option is just to leave Rift open (on character screen for example) while you're not actually playing, Raptr still counts it as played time as far as I know (or at least it did for me in WoW, I accidently left WoW open one night and the next morning when I came to my PC and closed it, Raptr had counted that I'd been playing for 14 hours ^^).
    Yes it works, I don't remember the specific time played needed...so it might be between 4-8. I just know it's easily doable in a few days even supremely casual.

The only thing I would say is that you are going to be missing out on whether you actually like the game if you leave it open...though if you are already interested, but are afraid of missing out because you have exams or work, then it is a valid option. I think the game shows you very quickly that it is worth a subscription and buying the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    So can you keep running the game for 3 hours then get a free month of game time or is it a one time deal?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flalia4 View Post
    So can you keep running the game for 3 hours then get a free month of game time or is it a one time deal?
    It's a limited offer - limited time - limited keys, so don't just stand there... get it! do it!

Deleted
    Oh no, I shouldnt have downloaded the game. Now I'm having fun and I really like the game, which is bad because I really don't want to play another sub based game ;_;